Rank Top 25 QBs

If you were staerting an expansion team in Quebec City and only had one season to play. How would you rank CFL QBs. I'm trying to completely exclude age and injuries from this equation btw.
Id rank it this way.
Reilly
Mitchell
Lulay
Harris
Ray
Glen
Willy
Collaros
Durrant
Burris
Demarco
Tate
Kato
Franklin
Smith
Marsh
Bridge
Crompton
Jennings
Sunseri
Nickols
Marve
Lefevor
Beck
Brohm

I'll do ten:

1. Reilly - tops in the league, big, smart and tough, makes very few mistakes.
  2. Mitchell - close second, still makes some ill-advised throws but will grow.
  3. Collaros - better than I though he'd be, Ticats hopes are nil without him.
  4. Harris - About to dethrone Ray, younger and tougher.
  5. Ray - Still a damn fine QB but age and injuries have taken their toll.
  6. Burris - Rebounded from a lousy year, but probably only a year or two left, always been inconsistent.
  7. Durant - Talented but inconsistent and now injuries are mounting.
  8. Lulay - Talented and successful when he's healthy.
  9. Glenn - Respectable QB who gets no respect, wins wherever he goes.
  10. Willy - Hasn't panned out like he BB hoped.

Nichols looked good in his first game with the Bombers but not so hot this past Sunday... Franklin is an up and comer with Edmonton... Jennings looked good with BC, will be interesting to see what happens there...Crompton looked OK on Sunday but has been inconsistent through his career...Lefevour could have helped Als even if inexperienced...Smith will be the QB of the future for SK but they are right not to push too fast...Tate will likely be starting elsewhere next year...Cato has shown promise but too soon to tell.

First 12, competant starters past, present, and maybe future
Reilly
Collaros
Durant
Harris
Mitchell
Burris
Willy
Ray
Glenn
Cato
Tate
Lulay

Next 5, expected future successful starters
Franklin
Mathews
Smith
Nichols
Jennings

Next 4, adequate but no long term starters.
Crompton
Demarco
Lefevor
McPherson

Next 1 I would pick as QB over anyone else.
Sinopoli

Just to round off the 25
Marve
Brohm
Gale

I have Mitchell at #1 just ahead of Collaros . What Bo has done with a decimated Oline is amazing. His Win Loss record as a QB since high School , college and the pros is ridiculous. Hasn't lost 10 games , combined !! Collaros was on his way to GC before that injury . Reilly needs to do something in the playoffs before he can be considered for #1. Lulay needs to actually play games and not be on the IR,constantly . After you get passed 15 it's basically the best of the worst :expressionless:

1. Collaros
  2. Mitchell
  3. Durant
  4. Burris
  5. Harris
  6. Willy
  7. Ray
  8. Reilly
  9. Tate
  10. Lulay
  11. Glenn
  12. Cato
  13. Crompton
  14. Franklin
  15. Marsh
  16. Lafevour
  17. B. Smith
  18. DeMarco
  19. Brohm
  20. Masoli
  21. Marve
  22. Jennings
  23. Argos 3rd-stringer
  24. Esks 3rd-stringer
  25. Stamps 3rd-stringer
  26. RB's 3rd-stringer
  27. Beck

I take it you are a Lions fan..lol

Did I miss something here ? The first three posters all have Reilly as the BEST QB ? Granted Reilly is a good QB...but #1 ? Really ? Seriously ? Can someone please clarify ?

May I remind people, or maybe some didn't know, that Hamilton held Mike R. to 49 yards passing on only 7 completions in this past game.

a bad game in bad conditions by a QB who has been out for a while. These things happen. Don't expect it to happen again

You mean like with the 1-11 'riders? In the only game they have won this year Glenn didn't play.

They have none :roll: :roll:
Reilly has won nothing and was whipped by Bo Levi consistently . Hasn't even been in GC cup game. Bo a 23 yearold kid , stars in a GC win and has the best win loss record of any QB as a starter in his first 3 years, as a pro.

This was his second game since returning, and he had a great first game back the week before, so that excuse doesn’t work.

Mathews has far less CFL experience and was able to pass for over 3x (157 yards on 12 completions) what Mike R. did, and against the Eskimo D.

What about top D’s? Hamilton only allowed 49 yards passing, yet Hamilton was able to put up 306 yards with the 3 QB’s combined yards against the “best D”.

Should have said he's been productive wherever he's gone. He's won in Calgary and BC, been competent elsewhere but never gets any respect. Riders wouldn't have been much if any better with Durant. Their problems go deeper than QB.

Scott Ross is a great up and coming QB out of

How much higher would Glenn have to be ranked for you to think he's been shown "respect"? You already ranked him as the 9th best QB in a 9-team league, and he doesn't even start for his team. In fact, he has not been the designated starter (as in, Plan A, would still be starting even if everyone was healthy) for any team since 2011.

Of the 8 QBs you ranked higher, two are sure-thing Hall-of-Famers, another is a former MOP, and each of those three plus two others have led their teams to Grey Cup wins. The others are Reilly, Collaros and Harris.

[/quote]
How much higher would Glenn have to be ranked for you to think he's been shown "respect"? You already ranked him as the 9th best QB in a 9-team league, and he doesn't even start for his team. In fact, he has not been the designated starter (as in, Plan A, would still be starting even if everyone was healthy) for any team since 2011.

Of the 8 QBs you ranked higher, two are sure-thing Hall-of-Famers, another is a former MOP, and each of those three plus two others have led their teams to Grey Cup wins. The others are Reilly, Collaros and Harris.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Huh? Your question/statement makes no sense. I don't think he would have to be ranked any higher, as I've (as you point out) ranked him ninth, and I think that's where he belongs.

Okay for what it's worth I'll give ya a top #15 the bottom #10 aren't worth rating or listing as far as I'm concerned
Collaros
Mitchell
Burris
Harris
Reilly
Ray
Durant
Lulay
Glenn
Willy
Tate
Cato
Crompton
Smith
Franklin

for the record, I rank Reilly number one because he is my fav QB since Flutie. Others may get better stats, but I don't care. If I had first pick, I would pick him.

Yeah, you got me. I was actually writing a retort to your second post, thinking that it was a critique of your first post and ranking of Glenn. By the time I realized that you were actually the author of both posts, I already had my own post all written out so I decided to submit it anyway.

I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning let alone the Top 25 CFL QB's of all time.