Rank the Offences

Concur, with Ray, Stamps and Whitlock, it’s hard to put Edmonton below 3. Stamps IMO is the best WR in the league.

1. Montreal
  2. Edmonton
  3. Calgary
  4. Hamilton
  5. Sas
  6. BC
  7. Peg
  8. I like what the Argos have done but have to show me something in July to be higher.

#1 Montreal (duh).
#2 Hamilton if Glenn can play a full season.

#3-6, pick 'em: Sask, Edmonton, BC, Calgary; all could be good, depends largely on how the QBs do; is this the year Ray gets too old, or Durant has the sophomore jinx, or Printers returns to form (which one, BC or Hamilton)?

#7-8, T.O. and Peg will actually be fun to watch, at least for the first few weeks; if they both go into the season with basically unknown quantities at QB, will anyone really step up and grab the opportunity, or will the crossover be set by Labour Day? Oh the suspense...

Which makes me wonder...do we actually have the longest off-season of any pro sport? :frowning:

Sadly, I think that Hamilton's lack of a rushing attack in the red zone will cost them once again in terms of touchdowns scored. As good as Marcel has been for this team, the guy refuses to employ I-form or jumbo sets in the red zone and Cobb is just cannot shed the first tackle on a consistent basis.

My Rankings:

1. Montreal

2. Saskatchewan

3. Calgary

4. Hamilton

5. Edmonton

6. BC

7. Toronto

8. Winnipeg

I think the Top 6 will all be decent to amazing offenses. Bottom 2 will be absolutely terrible.

I love how that’s the comment you respond to. You completely ignore the comments about Mann not being our top receiver, and that discuss our depth at receiver and running back.

And then you go and make another silly comment (I put it in bold for you). When the Eskimos beat Montreal 33-19 last season, it had nothing to do with luck. That was a solid win.

Ray was 23 of 27 for 363 yards, 3 TDs, and a pick. The return game was great. Whitlock returned 3 kicks for 131 yards. The defence sacked AC twice, and forced the offence to kick four FGs.

Wow....all of that sounds pretty lucky to me.

1. Montreal - Unanimous likely, so many weapons and continuity.

2. Sask - Call it a homer pick if you want, but I think Cates will rebound after a subpar year, which was the only weakness last season

3. Calgary - Losing Tsoumpas to the NFL was a giant loss, but picking up PK Sam and having Rambo back will be upgrades.

4. Edmonton - They were solid last year but not flashy.

5. BC - Depends entirely on Printers, they got Armstrong to boost them at receiver and Robertson at RB

6. Hamilton - If Kevin Glenn starts and plays as well as he did last year throughout the season, they will undoubtedly move up

7. Winnipeg - More talent than Toronto

8. Toronto - QB?

Edmonton's win against Montreal was completely deserved. They came out and played mistake-free football for 60 minutes, shutting my Als down in all phases of the game, in a meaningful early-season game.

say what? You own the Als???

You didn't know? Him and MadJack are part owners with Wetenhall.

Oh I wish. . .

:D :cowboy:

The offences in order will be

1. Saskatchewan Roughriders- how do you stop this juggernaut??? No one could last season except themselves!!

2. Calgary Stumpeders- Hot and cold but on paper 2nd best

3. Montreal Alouettes- too old, won't be hungry.

4. B.C. Pussycats- Wallyball again and again. Casey and Finnegan show will be up and down like the cameraman covering the Friendly Giant.

5. Hamilton Tigger-cats- Do you wanna play Kanga or Roo. Kanga is bigger and more experienced so Play Kevin Glenn.

6. Edmonton City of has beens- Just like the Oilers the Esks will flounder despite having one of the best qb's in history.

7. Winterpeg Boo Bombers- Yikes , a new stadium deal won't hide the paper bags. Fans will be wishing Mike Kelly was back so they could have someone to get mad at!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

8. Toronto Sad Souls- Wow, no qb, nothing to look forward to and Adam Rita still has his job. Wow!

[ol]- Montreal: Continuity is key. Every starter is returning.

• Edmonton: Ray has a full complement of quality receivers, and, finally, a legit feature back to carry the mail.
  • Saskatchewan: With Dressler healthy and Doug Berry running the offense, Durant & co. will be explosive.
  • Calgary: Can Rambo regain his 2008 form following a severe leg injury? Will Copeland's departure affect Burris in second-down situations?
  • Hamilton: They should move the ball well if Glenn's at the controls.
  • BC: O-line still a question mark.
  • Winnipeg: New HC & OC, no proven QB.
  • Toronto: New HC, no proven QB or starting tailback.[/ol]

October 31st, Riders at Ti-Cats. Final 24-6. Cats dominated them in all three phases of the game. Not saying it’s a trend, but the Cats D stopped this “juggernaut” last season. Even the most green-blooded among us will agree with this statement.

As for the question:

1. Montreal (As long as Calvillo :x is there, they are the best)
  2. Edmonton (Stamps is a beast and Ray is still Ray. Good running game too. Solid, but not flashy)
    3a Hamilton (Glenn, Bruce, Cobb, Stala, Keith, Mann, McDaniel. I say no more)
    3b Calgary (Burris is an MOP candidate every year, Reynolds is probably the best RB in the CFL and those WRs are lethal)
    3c Saskatchewan (Durant is borderline great, WRs are top notch, Cates is a good RB. Solid O in Riderville)
  3. BC (Printers :x being back will help, Jackson & Simon are still good. O-line is a little suspect, Robertson should help too)
  4. Winnipeg (Outside of Reid and Bowman I can’t think of much else this team has)
  5. Toronto (Copeland will help, but with no one to throw to him, will it really matter is question)

well based on last year

1. montreal 2. sask 3. calgary 4. bc 5. edmonton 6. hamilton 7. wpg 8. tor

i just cant put hamilton above any western team, i just cant. i dunno, the east is so much weaker than the west and i just think that plays a factor in my rankings for sure.

put hamilton in the west? how do they do?prolly not so good. so thats why i got the cats at 6.

ill just add one thing and i think this year there is no cross over. i think 3 teams from the west and 3 from the east make the playoffs but for once id love to see 4 from the east and only 2 from the west but that wont happen.

I agree in terms of there being no cross-over this year.It’s gunna be Winnipeg and somebody in the east Semi, likely Hamilton unless we can pull off a miracle and take 1st over Montreal.In any case, I don’t think BC will be very strong offensively this season.They’ve got Printer’s who’s had a history of hand injuries and will likely be way better planned against by defensive coordinator’s.I’m not sure anybody expected him to be back in the CFL last season.Also don’t know how well Derek Armstrong’s knee’s will hold up.When he’s healthy, he’s dynamite.Edmonton had a great first year RB in Arkee Whitlock and a nice proven backup in Calvin McCarty.Will Lumsden be back?If he is, don’t expect him to be around for long.The loss of Maurice Mann should not be too much of a problem, the Esk’s already have Stamps and don’t seem to have a problem finding good new receiver’s, ex. Jamaica Rector.My ranking’s would probably go as follows.

1.Montreal 2.Saskatchewan 3.Calgary 4.Hamilton (close here between Edmonton and Hamilton, I feel Hamilton has the slight edge with Cobb/Keith, Mann/Bruce, Glenn/Porter, and Jiminez bringing some much needed aggression back to the OL.Really I think i’d term them 4a. and 4b.) 5.Edmonton 6.BC (can Printer’s produce a carbon copy of the '04 season?I doubt it.We’ve seen what he can do so many time’s and defences are MUCH better than they were in '04 and coordinator’s will be more prepared.Jarious Jackson is pretty much like Michael Bishop.Sling it down field and pray that it doesn’t get picked off.Good thing he has Geroy.) 7.Winnipeg (would really like to see Jyle’s start here over Pierce.Jyle’s has potential and if you rely too hard on Pierce, you’ll be starting Jyle’s in no time anyway’s.) 8.Toronto (should’ve at LEAST kept Cody Pickett.Have any of the QB’s on their roster at least watched a CFL game?Doubtful.Gunna be hell and back trying to get the QB’s CFL ready this upcoming season.They better not have the mentality that if they could hang onto a job in the NFL for so long that they should be bonafide legends in Canada.Ask Ricky William’s.)

I might give Hamilton the running game, but I'd definitely take Ray/Maas over Glenn/Porter and Stamps/Peterson/Talbot over Mann/Bruce.

It’s not just Mann and Bruce tho. The Cats also have Stala and McDaniel. Andre Talbot is a bum. The guy has never shown me anything. I’ll give you Stamps and Peterson tho, those two are great, especially Stamps. I also like Nowacki. That said, I still think the Cats have better WRs.

I will not comment on the QBs since being a Cats fan has rendered me incapable of giving an unbiased opinion on Jason Maas.

I think the running games are almost equal. McCarty and Whitlock match up well against Cobb and Keith. If Lumsden wasn’t injury-prone I’d even consider giving the Esks the nod here.

Look at both games the teams played last season. If that is any indication, these teams are fairly close.

Stala isn't bad. Not too familiar with McDaniels. The Eskimos have pretty good depth at receiver. They've Stamps and Peterson leading the pack. Both are 1,000-yard receivers. Talbot has never had a 1,000-yard season, but he's come close a couple times, so I think with the right QB throwing to him, he could hit 1,000. Plus we've guys like Barnes, Hill, Nowacki, Rector, etc., backing them up.

So provided Edmonton doesn't make the same mistake twice, and change OC mid-season, we should have a pretty explosive offence.

15championships Writes

1.Montreal 2.Saskatchewan 3.Calgary 4.Hamilton (close here between Edmonton and Hamilton, I feel Hamilton has the slight edge with Cobb/Keith, Mann/Bruce, Glenn/Porter, and Jiminez bringing some much needed aggression back to the OL.Really I think i'd term them 4a. and 4b.) 5.Edmonton

Sorry 15Championships but Our Receiving Corps of Skyler Green, * Andrew Nowacki, Efrem Hill, * Kevin Challenger, Jason Barnes, *Kamau Petersen, Fred Stamps, *Andre Talbot, *Brad Smith, and Jamaica Rector is one of the deepest in the league. Our Running Backs Arkee Whitlock, *Calvin McCarty, *Matt Bertrand, *Jesse Lumsden and *Graeme Bell Are also very deep. Our O-Line are all returning and was allready among the best in pass Protection and Run Blocking. Throw in the Best QB in the league in Ricky Ray, a serious combatant Jason Maas, and the next one Jared Zabransky and you have an explosive Combination. We should be 1 or 2 in every offensive category this season I believe.

Stala’s the bomb, he’s slow but he’s only dropped 1 or 2 passes this season, no exaggeration.He’s Mr.Second down conversion.As for McDaniel, he’s fast but has serious consistency issue’s.One game he’s rips a defence apart, the next you wonder if we just signed some random person off the street to catch for us.If he can remain consistent, he might be the next Arland Bruce.Talbot is a guy i’ve always envied the Argo’s for having and was disappointed that he was with the wrong team.Now that he’s not an Argo, I can truly enjoy watching him work :slight_smile:
I’ll give you guy’s the receiving corps for sure.QB depth goes to Hamilton as we have 2 starter’s capable of winning (Porter and Glenn), a 3rd stringer who could definitely pull off second string and is good on occasion when thrown into action (Tafralis) and Boltus who is supposed to be hot stuff but I don’t see it.I’m hoping Matt Grothe replace’s him if he sign’s here, he’s got the mobility of Burris and the arm of Glenn or Tafralis.As for RB depth i’d say Hamilton and Edmonton are even there, Cobb and Whitlock, Keith and McCarty, Smith and Lumsden, etc.OL i’ll give the edge to Edmonton there.Really like what Kabongo can do.