First off, let me say I really do enjoy watching the CFL, I find it to be a very exciting brand of football, but I do have some questions y'all might be able to help me with, so here it goes:
- What the heck is an Alouette?
- Hamilton is called the Tiger-cats, isn't this redundant? I know a Tiger
is a cat, and that the cat family includes tigers.
- Whats up with BC, undefeated, but yet when I see them on tv at home
there dome is half empty, and there's a stupid net up that blocks the
first 4 rows of the upper deck?
- Which team came up with the color scheme and the helmets first, the
the Edminton Eskimos, or the Green Bay Packers?
- Whats the difference between a rouge and a single?
- Not football related, but why is the city of Regina pronounced like the
word vagina, why not Regeena, me and the Mrs. chuckle every time we
hear it. Side joke, when the game from there was on down here, they
showed the cheerleaders and I said, look at that Regina. I know, it's
stupid, but allow me one bad joke.
- Is the Gray Cup really just a cup that's gray? How long did it take
them to come up with that name?
Now, I had to adopt one team to follow and cheer for, and I picked the Roughriders, why? well here's my logic...picking BC or Montreal would be to easy since there in first place....and Hamilton just sucks (sorry if the truth hurts), Winnipeg isn't much better. I went to a baseball game in Toronto and didn't really like the Skydome, so there out, and Calgary and Edmiton...well couldn't pick one over the other, so its the Roughriders for me. Now, I'm from Cincinnati, so I need someone from Regina to cheer for my Cincinnati Bengals!
I hope you take this post with humor that it was intended to be, and I'd like to thank WOTH-LP channel 25 in Cincinnati for showing the CFL.