Rahim Abdullah Hit on Joseph?

Okay, at the risk of sounding like a whiny Rider fan, I am going to ask..... should Abdullah be fined like Shultz. I watched the replay as closely as possible and to me the only difference between the KJ knockout hit and the Wynn hit was the loss of a helmet. There was a glance off the shoulder pad followed by helmet to helmet crunch. I don't think Shultz should be fined, but since he was doesn't the league have to treat each situation the same. In which case should he not be fined for the hit? IMO it was a good hit brought on by a bad read by Jason French, but there was helmet on helmet contact nontheless. Just curious on your thoughts. Again, had this been in any other game I would have asked. This is not a Rider fan whining thing, this is just me asking a question and stating my opinion.

Go Riders!!

Personally I thought the hit was clean (although it sure made me cringe). But, there was clearly helmet to helmet contact. I've watched the replay many times from many angles and there is much more evidence of helmet to helmet contact than the Schultz hit. As Redwhite2005 mentioned in another thread, it's a stupid rule. I agree. To be fair Abdullah should be fined or suspended, but don't expect that to happen. I think the league realizes they'll be fining and suspending players every week if they maintain the precendent they set with Schultz.

Exactly what I was thinking. I personally hope they don't fine him because that will make a good case for Shultz in the appeal process. Hopefully this will help successfully appeal this garbage fine and the precedent will be erased and we can get on with contact football.

Go Riders!!

Right On!!!

I say we outlaw any tackles!

Didnt Joseph get diagnosed with whiplash
after the game????

Dont get that from helmet to helmet hit.

Clean hit, but brutal. Rahim said he gave
him all he had. Ouch!

it was as clean as Schultz's hit :wink:

Abdullah's hit was clean, and the helmet to helmet argument is iffy at best-- bottom line is the Riders played poorly on offence and we lost, let focus on the next game which could be a good one..

warner gets

http://bestsmileys.com/crayons/1.gif

Josh, I really believe we need to encourage the youth to get involved with discussions of the CFL, but in this case you need to be corrected. Before you go off with a venomous generalization, it may be advisable to actually read what the posters have to say first. It's an easy concept really. Try it, you start at the top, read the first then scroll down to the next, read it, and so on. This thread may be a good one to start on. See how the Rider fans believe Abdullah's hit was a good one? In fact I believe you'd be hard pressed to find a single post here or on the Roughrider section where a Rider fan thought his hit was dirty. What we're after is fairness. And golly Josh, aren't you the one who said 2 wrongs don't make a right? Don't put yourself in the category of hypocrite.

Warner gets

Now Now Josh, calm down and take your ritalin. I see you didn't understand my post directed at you, so I'll talk real slow and try to educate you. You made broad (that means big) generalizations (that means.... oh you look it up yourself) about Rider fans in your first post. What I did was try to correct you. See how that works? Of course I realize you were just stating your opinion about the topic, and good for you! But you also made other statements of which I was responding.

BTW, stay in school and don't take drugs.

Warner gets

Hey, warner, how ya been? Good, good....you haven't been doing too badly so far, but just be sure to keep it clean, now, hear??

warner gets

Ok, many would argue you’re a lost cause Josh, but I’m not giving up on you. One last time, if your little head can’t wrap around this then I’m sorry.

You generallized that ALL Rider fans on here went ballistic when Schutz was punished for the hit. You then went on to say 2 wrongs don’t make a right. Ok, what I was saying was ALL Rider fans on here voiced that Abdullah’s hit was good and clean as well. SEE?!? No hypocracy (as you implied)!

Now school starts in a couple of weeks, so I would recommend a little brushing up on your reading skills.

Just not very well :lol:

Hey Warner, its been too long =) In my defense as the originator of this post, I did say, if you will read my first post, that Abdullah's hit was clean IMO.... BUT no cleaner (or less dirty) than Shultz's hit. Therefore, although 2 wrongs don't make a right, if the league chooses not to overturn the fine on Shultz, then they are in fact deeming that judgement not wrong at all. In that case, they have no choice (in all fairness) than to deem Abdullah's hit a dirty one as well and fine him accordingly. Not hypocritical, only fair. Webster's is a wonderful resource you should look into.

Go Riders!!