Rah Rah Rakeem

Nice to see marsh get some plating time last night

Nice to see Cato not imploded when marsh hot some playing time last night.

Marsh completed 3 passes for a grand total of 6 yards, precisely in limited short yardage situations that most of us were calling for. No one objected to that. I would have definitely objected to seeing Cato sit for a quarter in favor of Marsh…

Marsh made the short yardage go and he could be of great help against the Ticats. Leaving him in there with a no huddle and some extra weight in the formation can be expanded some more. Would go a long way in not allowing Hamilton to bully us next week.

Wouldn't at all mind a bronco package for Marsh as a change of pace. Extra O-lineman + fullback + Sutton-Rutley/Logan + Green and Lewis to pound the ball in a bunch of different ways....

In fact I would have liked to see Marsh more…say on that 3rd and 1 play on the BC 20.

Be honest though, you’ve been suggesting Cato be pulled in favour of Marsh.

Yeah, there's a big difference between giving Marsh a small package of plays to run as a change of pace and benching Cato to play Marsh for a sustained period of time.

I said if Cato struggled put in marsh or bridges. I also said if they didn’t do better, put Cato back in. That said, I liked how he was used last night. A few sneaks, short yardage plays, 2 point convert. I it was his first game back so I understand the limited playcalling, hopefully he gets a few more plays next time out

Actually it was is 2nd game but the #CluelessOffensiveCoordinator didn’t think it was worth playing him in short yardage situation vs Edmonton…

Didier says he is practicing unaffected by the hip pointer.

He had a good game en then the injury. For a rookie QB he's really effective. He learns at every game and you can see than he apply the change to his own game style. It's speak alot about the quality of Cato.

Marsh is way to static into the packet and he doesn't had the quick reading ability yet to decode the opponent defense easly. Something that Cato show at every game.

I still appreciate the fact that Marsh bring much energy and you see that the guys like him. He can handle the work load and get the "beat" going offensively.

It's definietly a good young combo we got with Cato and Marsh.

AC had to work alot with them but we might be able to get something really strong in the next 2-3 seasons.

Als can/should use Marsh like the Ti-Cats used Lefevour a couple of years ago; give him his own playlist and use him as a change-up at different points in the game. He would be better suited to option plays and QB draws because of being bigger and better able to take hits.

I agree. Austin did use LeFevour well. We know that a QB needs to be an active QB in becoming a better QB. This is a great contrast to the way the Coaches treated McPherson. It was unfortunate that injury disrupted his attempt to get the play he required in his career.

I thought it was Masoli whom Hamilton used in that way? /memory failing

leFevour was the second string QB was utilized effectively when the prim Q B was uinjured. He played super super well in yell in his 7 game role. Masoly was not a fan favoried QB,

Exact. Il n’a pas fait sur le terrain ce qu’il fallait pour se l’attirer non plus.

RC had a nice touch on the pass off the draw play (I don't recall seeing too many of those plays last year). He may have been a bit short on the deep throw that was challenged by the defensive backs. His 30+ yard scrambling run saved the drive, and he was smart enough to get rid of the ball when he had to. Too bad about the time count violation. It seems to me he played well enough to be number 2.

Glenn's numbers should have been a lot better: He was putting the ball right in the receivers hands, some of which seemed lubricated last night. The score was 3 to 1 with 6 minutes left in the first half, not exactly a stellar offensive performance by the Als. I was expecting much better. Lucky the Argos' first offensive unit wasn't dressed.

I was surprised to see Boyd handle the QB sneaks: Given the problem's we've had last year, and if Boyd is not going to make the cut, I was expecting to see Bridge practice those last night: I was thinking that Bridge could be out of favour, especially since he only played on a few running downs at the end of the game.

The clowns at Riderfans who have been laughing at the Als all off season, now are hoping "has been" Popp is going to trade them Cato :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[url=http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthread.php?134861-Final-Cuts/page2]http://www.riderfans.com/forum/showthre ... Cuts/page2[/url]

Those guys are a real special bunch...

Too funny! :lol: Those melon heads can have Tajh Boyd and Johnny’s middle finger! :smiley:

Looks like Cato named #2

CFL Retweeted
Didier Orméjuste ?@DidierRDS 13m13 minutes ago
Jim Popp: "More than likely, Rakeem Cato will be our number two QB." @CFL

To no one’s surprise. He’s arguably performed better in preseason than Glenn. Very happy to see the young man right the ship and play his way into the position he deserves.