October 20, 2007

The Hamilton Spectator

click here

An undisclosed upper body injury
has ended Julien's season.

As well, he has left the team
to deal with some personal issues

and isn't expected back this season.

Does this mean that his career as a Tiger-Cat is over? I certainly hope not.

So that is two players this week that have gone home to deal with "personal issues".

Makes me wonder.

There is more to this than is being told. :roll:

Our season is now an opportunity for new players to play for a part on the 2008 team.

I think Radlien was underutilised!(understatement) :wink:

I don't think the American coaches knew how to use him or what they had (but that's another story) :?

It will get straightened out in the off-season and hopefully he will be in Black and Gold next year! :thup:

I wish him the best!

I like Julien but at 5 years as an RB he's had a career that just might be winding down.

Dickerson is an effective TE with superior hands but there's the whole ratio thing to consider.

This might be Piercy's oppurtunity to shine and take Radlein's spot next year.

Maybe the Piercy acquisition was some well thought out foresight by Marcel. We'll see.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case. I love Rads and think he brings so much more to the team than just his on-field play, but that doesn't seem to matter to this organization. Best of luck to him in whatever he does and wherever he goes. He's a class act and I still consider him to be one of the best blocking backs in the league. When you have a guy like Radlein leaving the team to deal with "personal issues" it really makes me wonder what's going on.

I think Radelein is one of those guys who probably makes good coin due to the fact that the "previous regime" (i.e. Katz) signed him to an inflated contract. Desjardins probably wanted to give Radelein a season to see if he was really worth that money (only because Radelien is Canadian, unlike similar "inflated contract" players like Flick, who are American, and who were immediately shown the door).

Because Taafe isn't going anywhere, because Desjardins isn't going anywhere, because Taafe obviously wants to go with Dickerson as the starting FB, and because we aquired Piercy, Radelien won't be a Ticat next year.

My guess is he wanted a trade, there were no takers, he was vocal about his displeasure, and the team sent himhome so he wouldn't be a distraction in the locker room.

That definately doesn't sound like Radlein to me.

I hope if a trade is coming they didnt just play there hand like usual so the rest of the gms know its a case where we have to deal someone. Right now we have two players sitting at home with personal issues who we may need to trade in the offseason, wonder what we can get for them when its obvious we need to deal them.

Or me. Which is why I don't think that's the reason for these "personal issues" or why he won't be back this season. He did not seem to have a problem with being a backup to Dickerson for much of this season, and so I am sure he would not have a problem with his current situation.

It is quite possible that Radlein has played his last game for the Ticats. Other teams might be interested in picking him up, but not looking to trade for him. They may know we may need to trade him, as was previously mentioned here. It has often been said that Radlein has not been the same since that injury from two years ago, but I'm sure he can still contribute. In fact last week, he was one of the reasons Caulley got as many rushing yards as he did. Radlein did well blocking for him, in particular on one of Caulley's touchdowns, as was pointed out by Matt Dunigan at halftime. But the coaching staff here seems to prefer having Dickerson instead, which is understandable, even though Dickerson is taking up an import spot.

8) You are right bg, something is definitey going on, and there is more to this story than is being told !!! Maybe Radlein voiced his feelings on Anderson being sent home, and he received the same treatment !!!! I've got the feeling that we just may have seen the last of him also as a TiCat !! He sure did not seem like a troublemaker at all and usually kept his mouth shut on the goings on with the team !!! But then again, who really knows !!!!

I always thought Radlein was a big, tough, intelligent, articulate guy who was always woefully underused. I wish him nothing but the best, wherever he resumes his career. It looks as if there is not a place for him here in the current version of The Five-Year Plan, comrades.

Radlein was always the ultimate team player…when Troy Davis ran for all those yards it was Julien who opened up all the holes for him…For anyone to suggest he was sent home so he wouldn’t be a distraction in the dressing room is ridiculous…Julien has five more carries this year than I do and I’m not on the team…We all know the truth anyone who disagrees with Taffe or his moronic coaching staff is sent home for personal reasons…