Radlein - Just not an effective FB

I just dont think this guy is all that everyone thinks he is. I think his size and lack of speed make him ineffective. When he catches those 2 yard swing passes he gets dragged down from behind. If he had some speed he might actually be able to run over people. Come on cats. look at the personal you had last year and look at the results. Staying with the same ineffective players will not win you games

Thank you for the post I was thinking am I the only guy that wonders why he is on the field. Our choice of player personel is the as bad as the coaching!

How many fullbacks have speed? He's not there because he's a burner - he's there because he can block, has decent hands, and is money from the goal line. It's not his fault the offense has been designed around the 2 yard pass.

I think you're both way off. This guy is one of the best FBs in the league.

Julian does his job VERY well.
He is not there to carry the ball 20 times, he is there to soften the "D", get the tough yard when you need it, and pave the way by blocking for our offence.

Bombers Trade Offer

To Hamilton

Regimbald

To Winnipeg

Radlein

i think your way off in wanting to trade one of the best fb’s in the league, and then you got another saying he’s too big, perhaps you have no idea what the role of the fullback is. if you give him the ball near the endzone the guys in everytime, and when our offence makes a big pass or long run, try taking a look at the guy julians blocking, i bet he’s on the ground.

Who says Regimbald is available?? I don't think Charles Roberts would... :wink:

JR is not a problem...by any stretch. He is one of the best FBs in the league. As the season progresses, he will get better as his knee and general conditioning improve.

Oski Wee Wee,

Who says Regimbald is available?? I don't think Charles Roberts would... :wink:

JR is not a problem...by any stretch. He is one of the best FBs in the league. As the season progresses, he will get better as his knee and general conditioning improve.

Oski Wee Wee,

Radlein is one the best FBs in the CFL and he's Canadian. His strength is blocking but he'll get the hard yards too. Trade him and you'll weaken the team considerably.

Besides, he has great hair.

An Argo fan

When Kojo was in for a few plays last season he looked real quike and good hands., TiCats are stacked at Rb, why not trade for a safety

Have to agree He is not the problem...

The Ticats are stacked at RB? I LOVE IT! :lol:

I do my best not to go over the top when people bash Julian… but quite obviously you have no idea what the role of a fullback is and how good he is at his position.

I am thrilled they are using him more, but his job isn’t really to get down the field and make huge plays. He is supposed to be one of those guys who gives the big play makers the chance to make the big plays. He is an excellent short yardage guy, he is showing that he does have decent hands and can pick up even 6 - 7 yards after a catch, his blocking is generally highly effective AND he is Canadian.

Where exactly is the down side here? Believe me, Radlein is NOT part of the problem here, he is part of the solution.

I think that he is every bit as effective as you want your fullback to be. Calls for his head is totally ridiculous.

the swing pass to Radelin is gonna work as long as they keep giving it to him . His knee is stil in mending mode and watch out when its better . Hell run over the dbs and then it will also give the other team something to think about when in a passing situation .

You know if Calgary were smart they would have made adjustments to jump on those swing passes.

I agree with caiteag, Radlein is definately not the problem. 5 or 6 yards everytime when he catches the ball, but it would be nice to see him get first downs from time to time on those short passes.

He'd get those first downs, but he doesn't have himself to block for himself.

Cut Radlein and 7 other teams would be lined up at his door to sign him.

An Argo fan

every1 who think radlein didnt do good last night is rediculas, hes not fast cuzhes HUGE! hes strong and played awsome! same with ranek.. our passing game was embarassing

lack of speed right now, (because he was quite fast the last three years or so) is probably more due to the recovery from the knee injury, rather than his actual top speed.