QUIT THE NONSENSE, YOUR EMBARRASSING!!!

I have been, and always will be a Ticat fan. My wife and I have had season tickets for 14 years, deciding not to renew this year because we miss too many games due to our young children. I hope to renew next year. I listen religiously to the 5th quarter after every game and always read posts on the forum. As paying customers, every fan has the right to boo when the team plays bad. But, give the guys a break. They played an awesome first half, basically dominating the defending Grey Cup champs. The 2nd half they played conservative because they did not want to make a mistake. And, as often happens, when a team just to hold on, the other team comes back, often to win. The Ray fumble was caused by a great play by a TICAT (Steve Josue #54) who did not give up on the play. The whole team played a full 60 minutes. We have talent on this team. When they pull together, they will be an awesome team. Give them time. If some of you continue, we will run all the talent out of town (like in the past…remember Allen, AC, O’Shea, Steinauer, Carter) and the list goes on.

in fairness, Oshea and steinauer never really were chased out of town were they...

As odd as your logic sounds, you're BANG ON. Although the offense didn't do anything "productive" in the second half, they were likely instructed to simply eat as much clock as they could. For the first bit of the 3rd quarter, they tried forcing the ball deep, but later decided not to take chances like that, and to keep the clock ticking. You're right. They put in a full 60 minutes.

Oshea was run out the 2nd time. He could have signed in Hamilton but decided not too. Something did happen with Steinauer, unfortunately, I cannot recall what it was.

One more thing, as far as my logic, I am a little emotional over all the BS from the "FANS" in the stands

I think the thing that happened to Steinauer was someone in BOX I yelled at him too much!

Nothing at all against Anthony Davis, but if we had had Holmes, Lumsden , and/or Ranek playing tonight, this would have ben even more enjoyable, after the drought has ended...more ball control in the second half...

Finally, that da*ned OLine is getting together, and we commence to see what was intended for us this year...

Lets do this again...like next week, so we disbelievers can start pulling for the team again..

Nothing at all against Anthony Davis, but if we had had Holmes, Lumsden , and/or Ranek playing tonight, this would have ben even more enjoyable, after the drought has ended...more ball control in the second half...

Finally, that da*ned OLine is getting together, and we commence to see what was intended for us this year...

Lets do this again...like next week, so we disbelievers can start pulling for the team again..

I only heard a sprinkling of boos when Maas was introduced.
Is that what you are talking about, chewbaca73?

If not, what were you embarassed about tonight?

P.S.

We ended up with a patchwork O-line after OG Hudson went down,
Wayne Smith went back to OG and Ryan Donnelly came in at OT for him.

but I think they still did a fair job

although Anthony Davis didn't get a lot of yards running,
the O-linemen held off the pass rush most of the time.

http://www.13thman.com/cheers/images/smiles/whathesaid.gif
Your Bang ON Lifter

Now now it's not that bad a season. Beat the Eskimos again and you can hold your heads high and proud that you contributed in dethroning the mighty EE from playoff contention sinking them further into the basement at 4-9.

Maybe we should up the price for tickets both behind the Ti-Cats bench, and where they leave the field. That way they don't have to listen to obnoxious drunks who have nothing better to do than put people down. Ya, you are right ... they should know it when they are playing bad. Boooo works very affectively.

Keep it to yourself if you have nothing positive to say. Remember, there are kids in the stands and sports are really about them are they not? Good role models for our children. Both sides of the bench need to remember this.

Mistakenly you believe there are no wealthy boors and drunks.

Correct. Increasing ticket prices is not the solution. It's like raising the speeding fines and expecting everyone to comply. The solution is to remove the problems from the stadium regardless of their ability to pay.

Very true laughinghard. Wasn't proper to put a class in that category, and it wouldn't be fair say for the dad who wants to take his kid to the game and sit close to their favorite players without mortgaging the house.

The only solution is probably the nipping it in the bud thing, but fans shouldn't have to spend their time at Ivor Wynne ratting on people. Mabye security and policing should be beefed up in those areas (if it isn't already - I haven't sat in that area in some time), and the upper brass should be telling those guys to keep a close eye on anyone looking to cause trouble or heckle the players. They get a quick and stern warning, and next time they are kicked out.

Maybe instead of a no tolerance speed zone, we call it a no tollerance heckling zone. lol I don't know, but it shouldn't just be overlooked.

With how well the Labour Day Auctioned Helmut issue was resolved on this forum, this obviously isn't a bad place to voice our concerns. If you don't speak up, nothing will ever change. It is the case with our team, and with our city for that matter.

So when do the steel and other smelly factories get moved to railway lines instead of our waterways (I know some are)- far away from the Bay, and hotels and sandy beaches and an all purpose stadium get built on the Bay? NOT A DOME THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!! Sky Dome (or Rogers Dome), is a brutal football venue. Football is to be played outside in the rain and snow and freezing cold. And we don't need 60,000 seats. A stadium that is full, is more fun. 30,000 empty seats would suck.

I love Ivor Wynne but the fact they can't hold concerts there is brutal. If you move close to a stadium, it get's loud. Get over it! And then there is the Cannon? You used to be able to really hear when we scored if you snuck off to the lieu. Now you don't know the difference between a really good offensive or defensive play, from a touchdown when you are walking through the concourse levels. This city bends over too much.

I enjoyed Blue Rodeo after the game a couple of years ago. Bring back the music!

Oh wait, we are talking about heckling. Sorry. Just thought I would see who was reading in. :O)

On a final note, I'll miss Pigskin Pete. I think my Aunt should be the next Pigskin. She is crazy and loud and really funny. Mrs. Pete we could call her. ;o)You hear her laugh once, the entire stadium will wet there pants! - That's if she doesn't beat you to it. She's cute!

I could hear her now: "Oskee wee wee ... oops ... speaking of wee wee."

O.K. I am done. lol

Steinauer went to try out in the NFL and his rights were traded to Toronto while he was gone IIRC.

What is IIRC? You could be right but his Bio on cfl.ca does not indicate as such.

"if i recall correctly"

I'll Second That! :thup: :thup: