Quinton was on tonight

I am give him Credit He made some reads Finally ..
Let hope he continues to progress

I was critical of QP all last season but I think two things have happened to help him improve since then:

• Khari has helped him a lot since he took over as OC. We found out late last season that QP was never given any reps during the season so whenever he came in to replace Glenn he was cold and unprepared.
  • Marcel and Obie have stuck with him. That probably gave QP a reason to become motivated again.

Whatever the reason I was happy about Porter's performance last night and am glad to see him as our #2 QB. I think we are in good shape now if Glenn gets hurt.

Porter did play well .
I felt that his composure and confidence level are much better than last year IMHO. :thup:
I feel he has earned the #2 backup role on his play in camp and on the field last night.

We did? Our backup qb didn’t get any snaps in practice?

Apparently zero with first string.

ockham: I remember Rod Black and Duane Forde talking about it during a late season game last year.
It’s been mentioned before here.
I’ll bet that won’t happen with Khari.

Porter didn’t get snaps with the first team offence, or didn’t get any snaps at all?

Either way its unacceptable for a backup

Yeah, he looked confident, and he also looked like he was having fun out there. But above all, he was effective and played very well.

Ockham:

First team offence as far as I know. Unbelievable.

well there two completely different things and I don’t think either of them are true…

So you are calling Black and Forde liars???

mak: Just reporting was said. Do you have any information to the contrary?
That might explain QP’s ineffectiveness last season and his motivation and performance last night.

Don't think Porter ever lacked confidence. Always pretty sure of himself. Difference is he's been told to stay in the pocket longer and/or read defenses better.

Easy with the question marks :roll:
I didn’t hear what they said so no I’m not calling them liars, but if they said QP didn’t get a single snap with the first team offense all last year then ya I am.

well you are

I dunno 'bout that. Generally, I’d say, that’s his usual self, but I’d swear there were times last year that it looked like he had that deer in the headlights look. Definately not usual for himself.

Last night, he looked like his usual self. :thup:

Do you know how to quote?
and I am what?

Mac I'm not getting sucked into your attempt to get me banned

Those were two legit questions, I hate when people respond to posts and don’t quote them.