QUESTION REGARDING TOUCHDOWNS

Hi There Footy Fans,

Quick Question

In Rugby League when the player scores a try (Touchdown) the football has to touch the ground obviously i know about forward receiving touchdowns however i noticed on TV that several times on a running touchdown the player grounded the footy was this just for fun or part of the play Ie do certain running plays require the footy to be grounded like Rugby League.

Cheers

AC

The football doesn't have to touch the ground to score a touchdown. The ball simply has to break the plane of the goal line. Which means the ball only has to cross the front edge of the goal line. When you see players spike the ball on the ground after a touchdown, that's just for celebration.

a+

Thanks for that one other QQ i notice that some of the goal kicks are taken to the left and right of the sticks is this because of where the football hAS been in position at the end of the previous play in RL after a touchdown the kicker has to take the extra 2 points in line where the footy was grounded ie if its in the corner thats where he has to take the kick from taking the footy off course as far back as possible to narrow the angle of the kick i just noticed that some penaltys are taken 5 odd m to the left and right of the sticks.

Cheers

AC

If you look at the field there are 2 sets of dashes called hash marks. If the player is tackled between these marks, the ball is scrimmaged there, If he is tackled outside the marks the ball is moved to the hash mark.

THANKS FOR THAT UNDERSTOOD SHOULD BE A GAME ON TONIGHT OVER HERE AROUND 12 MIDNIGHT DELAYED TELECAST SO ANOTHER DAY TIRED AT THE OFFICE TOMMORW

AC