Question about Ben Zambiasi

Hey guys, just wondered if anyone knew where I could find info on what numbers Ben had in Hamilton...i was given a game worn jersey by my uncle but it's number 47 ( not 31)...trying to find stats on the net has been impossible...thanks for your time on this in advance...cheers and go cats! :smiley:

Info on net will Quite Scattered
Your best bid would be the Ticats Media Guilds
also try the football Hall Fame ..

try googling the name ben zambiasi i did i got some info. one of them was an article that ted micheals wrote for sportsnet in 2004
also answers.com

Ben wore 47 when he first joined the Cats. I believe he wore this number for two seasons before making the switch to 31.

Impressive. You're not just another pretty face. :wink:

I definately remember him wearing 47 before he switched to 31.

BINGO!

You win a Vince Ferragamo killshot! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oski Wee Skidmark,

he is also someone who should not be on the wall of fame along with dipietro and mosca

Huh?

Of his six All-Canadian selections, when did he lose you? 1980?

LMAO

"ZAMBIASI’S FIRST SEASON WITH THE TIGER-CATS WAS EXCEPTIONAL. HE WAS NAMED THE MOST OUTSTANDING ROOKIE IN THE EASTERN DIVISION IN 1978, AND RECEIVED EASTERN ALL-STAR AND CFL ALL-STAR HONOURS THROUGHOUT HIS PLAYING CAREER. HE MADE 25 INTERCEPTIONS FOR 441 YARDS AND MADE 69 DEFENSIVE TACKLES. HE WAS NAMED CFL ALL-STAR SIX TIMES, EASTERN ALL-STAR EIGHT TIMES AND WON SCHENLEY AWARD FOR THE MOST OUTSTANDING DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE CFL IN 1979. BEN PLAYED IN FOUR GREY CUP GAMES AND WAS ON THE WINNING TEAM IN 1986."

http://www.footballhof.com/famers/player.asp?id=227

'Nuff said. :wink:

Say what?

Say what?

I suspect vdjjj is one of those old-school fans who never forgave Ben for changing the pronunciation of his name from "Zamb-EE-si" to "Zambi-A-si". Currently this small but determined group devotes itself to thinking unkind thoughts about one Augustin Barren-EE-chea.

Perhaps. Good luck to him on that petition campaign to get his name OFF the Wall of Fame. ROTFLMAO

“Excuse me, how can I fill in your petition if you keep choking on your crayons?” :wink:

:D :D :D

Waiting for the joepa “Cut Ben’s a$$” thread… :wink:

"CUT BEN'S A$$!!"

Yours,

Pookie

:D :D :D

I agree we should cut Ben Zambiasi....He's no Good...Couldn't make Penn State had to go to Georgia...Joe Pa

I have a Ben Zambiasi Game Jersey, #31 :thup:

Does anybody remember when Ben and his wife open a cookie store at Duke and James St in the early 80s ?

I do and then he had that juice place next to the Kernels in Jackson Square.

And was a produce guy at the NO FRILLS at the delta.

I thought the cookie store was in Westdale... but I was only 8 or 9 at the time so what do I know?

I wish it was at Duke and James right now, that's right around the corner from me.