Quarter back position

What, you think they should go after Lulay or Champion? Why go after a rookie when they already have two in LeFors and Bramlet. It'd make no sense... :expressionless:

No point in having 6 QBā€™S in camp, you donā€™t have enough time in exibition games, to properly evaluate them properly.
I suspect WPG will go with Bishop, Santos, Lefors, and I guy they maybe trade for.
We have to remenber Bishop was out of shape, didnā€™t have training camp, exibition games and had to learn a new and confusing offence that was reworked after few games. Lefors was hurt and needs to at least get a invite to camp.

LeFors isnā€™t a rookie but I agree with what youā€™re saying. I see so many people (not just here) making comments about going after inexperienced QBs and I donā€™t understand the point.

Yeah, I didn't mean rookie in the literal sesne. :smiley:

I think they should go after Jackson, Lulay and KJ or Mass, Lefors and Bramlet are going know where fast, even with a training camp Bishop is not starting material he has been in the league long enough and has not show any signs of being a consistant QB, if this is what you want for your team then enjoy another lost season for 2010 :roll:

First, the Bombers aren't my team. I'm an Eskimos fan. :smiley:
Second, I never said the Bombers should stick with Bishop. Personally, I think Bishop should save himself anymore embarassment and just retire.
Third, my point is why trade assests for unproven QBs (Lulay, Champion) when the Bombers aren't have unproven QBs (Bramlet, LeFors)? As far as Jackson goes, like I said earlier, him and Buck are practically made of glass, and I'm not sure how much success Maas would have... besides, aren't there rumours about him retiring soon?

...kind of agree about the Bishop take....i don't want him anywhere near the starting line-up in 2010....except as a releiver.... If he doesn't want that....adios..I think most Bomber fans would agree with that take....I could see a major trade by the BigBlue in the off-season...for who?????????now that's the million dollar question :wink:

Mass retiring? never heard that one, to bad if so, KJ as starter for the Bombers in 2010 and Bishop as backup, as much as I don't care for Bishop he seems to be a better player when he is backup position.

I havenā€™t heard that about Maas either but I doubt he would leave Edmonton. Heā€™s pretty entrenched there with his home and business and he didnā€™t want to leave when he was traded a few years ago. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he did retire if the Esks didnā€™t invite him to TC next season.

I could be wrong... but I thought I heard someone mention it, or I saw it in an article... I can't remember. The guy is 34, though...

Why would he retire, plays 5 minutes once every 5 games and gets payed very well as a back up. He may have the best job in Canada.

I was just gonna say that....Is the clipboard made of stone? If not, why retire? Where else can he make 6 figures for doing almost nothing and no one bugs him about his giant ears?

Oh, and for whoever thought KJ makes sense in Winnipeg, I'm don't believe even Kelly would be dumb enough to reunite KJ and Bishop. Besides, what part of Kelly's 4 receiver, two-back, take the snap from under centre every play offence Kelly runs do you think would fit with Joseph's sandlot style of play?

...Joseph ain't on the Bombers radar....Jackson or Pierce could be??????..IF we signed Pierce i would certainly be tentative about his health....Jackson ...not so much....It would be interesting to see what Bishops status with the team would be, if signing either, were realized.. :roll: :roll:

Kellyā€™s offense was designed for a mobile QB, not a pocket passer. Joseph is a mobile QB. Iā€™m not saying that Joseph should be brought in but I think he would do better under Kellyā€™s offense than he did in TO since the Argos offense under successive coaches was designed for a pocket passer.

With KJ as a running QB and Reid in the backfield it could be a great partnership, KJ did not fit in the TO offence because he is not a pocket passer, he plays his best games when he's on the run throwing or running for that extra yard, I think he would fit in perfect in Winnipeg. Of course there are other options around the league. We will wait and see what happens

Thatā€™s mean. :lol:

....the rumourville market is getting geared up, with murmurs out of Edm., that Ray wants to leave the schmoes...Can this have any merit or does it fit the 'wishful thinking' category of some....Apparently Ray does not like the present offensive co-ordinator and would like to move on....I think a few teams will be getting a contract offer ready if they smell any truth to this ....hmmmmmmmmm :roll: :roll:

.....Dancing Danny has also said that the esks. are quit a bit over the CAP.....hmmmm could Rays salary be a factor... :roll:

The rumours about Ray being traded do seem to be gaining legs. . .

So let's narrow it down; who would be a likely trading partner?

Montreal? No. Hamilton? Possible but not likely as they appear content with Glenn and either Porter or Tafralis being the QB of the future. Calgary? No. Saskatchewan? No. BC? No, they have quite enough QBs as it is and will themselves likely be looking at trading one or two.

So. . . that leaves Winnipeg and Toronto. Toronto certainly is in desperate need of a decent starting QB (and a decent offensive coordinator, a receiving corps, an offensive line. . . but I digress). So is Winnipeg, although not quite as desperate I think.

Winnipeg might have an 'in' being that Kelly used to work there and knows the powers that be. On the other hand, the Eskies might feel (quite justifiably in my opinion) that they got taken big time on the Ellis for Shabazz trade, so they might be a bit wary of trading with Winnipeg.

So I think Toronto is the most likely candidate. They have a history of trading to acquire a decent QB as opposed to finding and developing one for themselves. They've got a good defence there, Edmonton was suspect defensively this year so the Argos could part with a couple of defensive starters, say one off the line and one from the secondary, and then throw in Kerry Joseph to sweeten the pot (Joseph perhaps being used as a mentor for the young kid in Edmonton).

So were I a betting man, if Ray gets traded my predictions of where he'd go would be, in order:

1. Toronto
  2. Winnipeg
  3. Hamilton

I would think WPG would have a lot more to offer then TO... word is EDM is looking for young Players, I wonder if Dorian Smith, Phillip Hunt, Ryan Donnelly and otis Amey along with DJ shockly of our neg list and Stefan Lefors back would suffice for Ray and Campbell

Three of those Guys would probably start for the Shmoes, and they would get a promising young reciever, whos shown he can play in this league... and apparently esks brass are quite high on Lefors... well they were before we got him anyway ha ha

This trade would really benifit WPG to, as we arnt really gutting our team, maybe im just dreaming