Q's year is next year

Agreed 100%

We dont know where the ceiling is for QP so the comparisons are useless in my opinion.
Useless but fun, like the rest of this forum. :wink:

Correct its agreed that stickng with AC was out of the question and no Grey Cup in 1999 would have been the result had we. The decision to sign McManus and his sidekick Cody Ledbetter spelled the end of Calvillo’s days here.
AC’s out right release was what always frosted me, how we took this young sought after player and made his value zip, notta, nothing !! The fans wanted Calvillo removed, the debate much like todays Porter debate was dicated alot by the demands of fickle ticket holders. I guess our power is in the lack of our numbers in this case.
Regardless, In todays CFL, there is no Danny McManis on the horizons, theres Jason Mass and Cassy Printers, maybe a Kerry Joseph and guys like Bishop. Kevin Glenn falls into this group of ok QB’s who may be available , so after Glenn , is it our turn to give Joseph a shot or Bishop, I hope not.

We have a diamond in the rough in Quinton Porter. But sadly we are way to picky fuzzy and impatient to wait and cheer him on as he develops (while playing) into what will be one hell of a great QB.

Winning it all this is a long shot at best, winning it next year not such a long shot if we stay on course, MB is doing it the right way, and sitting Porter Sunday is the right thing at this point of the season, but its to be remembered, we dont have a new starter, we have a back up playing in relief.

Lots of fans need to cut Porter some slack, the attack on him personally and his abilities is just plain stupid.

still on the fumble thing,theres a quarterback in pittsburg who fumbled 14 times last year. and no i'm not comparing qp to big ben

“Lots”?

I think those occurences are few and far between, They are the exception rather then the norm.

The way I see it is the concensus is that Porter is a keeper whether he starts Sunday or not. Fans are not asking for him to go.

Comparisons, are how decisions are made, every week when we play the game its one team comparing its skill and ability to another. Its a D line and how it stacks up against an O line. Their receivers vs our DB’s.

Lets compare last weeks results to get next weeks odds.
All those before me have set the bar, so I know how high to reach and how hard to press to surpass, we do this by comparisons every day of every one of our lives.

Many say, let Porter sit and and watch, gee isnt that comparing his ability to that of whom he is watching?

Life is comparisons and the comparison of Calvillo to Porter (the situation) is remarkable.

Dare to compare !!! Because you ll get alot smarter doing so I believe.

The sky is always the limit, if one wishes to reach for it.

I too remember watching Calvillo stumble and fall in Hamilton. Maas and Printers had similar results. There are statistics and there are perceptions. Danny Mac arrives and we go to two Grey Cups, winning one. Calvillo is released and goes to Montreal and wins one Grey Cup in eleven years. Anthony is a great Montreal quarterback and Danny was a great Hamilton quarterback. When I think of what Matt Dunnigan could have achieved in Hamilton, I think of greatness. Faloney, Danny Mac, Ealey, and Dunnigan looked like TiCat quarterbacks should look. When I see Porter behind centre it looks right to me. :smiley:
Pat Lynch(the old guy in section 7)

Hall of fame quarterback ? Lmao In what league ? This guy makes mistakes that will cause a very serious injury to himself ... Porter WON'T be around that long to bring greatness to this team or any other in the world ...

I remember that 500+ yard game.
In fairness to Porter, he did have that one great game against Montreal last year.
I’m a bit tired of the Calvillo comparison’s though.
Let’s wait and see what Porter may or may not develop into. I don’t like the fact that Marcel ordained him the starter at the beginning of the year. You have to earn that title, especially as a virtual rookie.

Lets use the 5th Quarter call in show for example, where 90% of the callers rag on Porter.
Of that 90% that aired their ugly views how many would ever get or make the effort to speak with Porter or any one from the team face to face? I d go with 1%.
That leaves 89% that left their views and opinions out there without rebuttal. The show ends all has been said and the object of their attack knows no different, all we can do is assume he brushes it off.

Fragile egos fragile CFL and fragile TiCats, all this plays a factor in decisions made by fans by management and by media as to how to play out a situation.

Get that jerk out of there coach, cut his ass NOW, Porters a pussy, you stink !! … I walk west to east across the north stands every game a few times, and if I was Quinton Porter or a few others down there, I’d climb the stands and pay visits to a few of the loud mouths that think its their right to sling insults because they paid 10 bucks for a ticket.

I repeat LOTS

Copy it post it on the wall and look me up in tens years …

lol So if the same fans that were yelling these comments and slinging our mouths off payed 55 a seat does it make a difference ? Is it ok ... Pro athlete cant take a little heat from the fans then oh boy oh boy ...Cry baby better get a hanky and go sit on the bench ..It takes a strong will thick skin player to be a leader . Those boo's should piss ya off more to achieve more . Your taking the hole situation and turning into a hate thing ...

No it was you I was talking about … 10 dollar ticket boy !!!

Pro athlete, bus driver, Doctor, or Steel worker, all humans, insults are not part of this and your comments arent something I am interested in so avoid responing to my posts as I am trying to have intelligent converstaions here and with you thats not possible.

I agree with viewpoint.

lol wow your pretty upset that people got to watch the same game you did for fraction of the price ...
'
Now i will respond to every post you make just to make you feel like im your fan ...
You made a claim that Porter will be a Hall of fame Qb one day ....
I disagree and let the games begin i'm sorry cry baby i dont agree with you but im not the only one ..Just the one that spoke up .. When your done your hissy fit ......Give your head a shake and realize these posts are to talk about what is going on in on and around are team ...And obliviously this topic burns your ars . Did you buy a porter jersey ? lol ......

Thanks for being my fan :rockin:

I vaguely recall many of us out here who were drooling over Timmy Chang who is probably selling real estate or teaching Phys-Ed now.

There is absolutely no "formula" to predict how well or poorly a young QB will do over the course of a career. You have guys like Flutie who were too short and with too weak an arm, who found a way to become one of the best CFL QBs ever (in a relatively short career). You have other guys like Timmy Chang who come in with great pedigrees and then have difficulty tieing their cleats.

Porter looks great....laid back, seemingly composed, tall , can run, good arm (at least until this year...is he hurt?), in general kind of a prototype for what you want your QB of the future to look like. Too bad then in real life, when the pressure is on, the composure goes out the window and he struggles....

As a QB, Porter has alot to learn....he has to learn how to cycle through his reads, decide where he is going and then do it...most of his fumbles are due to him hanging on to the ball to long or trying to do too much all by himself. On the TD that was scored on his fumble, the guy who sacked him had enough time to take a pee and was able to catch on to Porter from the rear...

He better learn quick cause if he does, he won't be around for long...

On that fumble the guy who sacked him should have been knocked on his ass.

The one thing that everyone here talks about is Calvillo going to Montreal and learning from Tracy Ham, which by extension allowed him to mature and develop. Who is Porter learning from? Glenn? Khari? Porter showed signs last year that he had the tools (good arm, willingness to deliver in the face of a rush) to develop. I'm inclined to say that they have failed to provide the schemes and game plans that best suit Porters abilities and potential.

On that fumble the guy should have been blocked better your right … But when you step up and away from a defender and then stop dead to make a read or throw you dont expect that guy to be breathing down your neck …? He should have new how much time he had at that point . He had done a great job at that point of avoiding the sack. Then failed to make a quick choice of getting rid of the football … he made a mistake at that point where he had beat the defender by steping up maybe he should have kept running …It is easy for us too sit here and say this but that is the more logical ending to that play instead of haven a defender you just beat come back and strip the ball and help his team get an easy touch down …

The question about Porter should be...has Obie given up on him as the future QB?
Will be be in training camp next year to compete for the job?
Both Obie and Marcel have been around the game long enough to make the judgements needed re potential.
I don't think Porter has been as bad as some posters here are saying. But I don't know yet how much potential he has.
The rest of this offence is not not playing well. Is it because of Porter? Could anyone else do any better with this offence?
I guess we will see tomorrow.