QB SITUATION FOR 2009

Let's start this post out with the Quarterback Situation in Bomberland....... As it stands Kevin Glenn looks like he will not be starting next year (just heard through the grapevine+he wasn't even sure..lol) but still has this year on his contract, what do we do? well we can bring him in TC and see if he has a new attitude and maybe his hand will be thawed out by then .. lol ... OK all kidding aside, this is my thoughts agree or disafree it's up to you ..... We just signed Randall to a new contract, he is only 25 years old and IS the QB of the future, so we pick up another QB that will drop out of the sky such as "Bishop" and we have 5 guys and maybe 6 in TC battling fdor 3 spots with no number one QB named.

example in no particular order:

1. Glenn
  2. Dinwiddie
  3. Bishop
  4. Chang
  5. Randall
  6. whoever

If that does not motivate any of these guys to play there hearts out, then nothing will!! That would a be a QB battle for the ages

I would not assume that a QB change is on the horizon. We still have incompetant management in both Bauer and Taman. Taman has not found a good QB in the ten years with the club other than Khari. Both Taman and Bauer are high on Glenn and feel that a new coach will motivate this bunch of has beens. Any coach that takes over the reins will have to be a miracle worker trying to make something out of nothing. He will also have to work around the circus atmosphere that has taken hold of this team. Remove Bauer and Taman and just maybe the new coach can make a difference. :cowboy:

first point say no to cishop. he in no way shape or form will help this team. i say we cut glenn or maybe keep him just for tc. but randall dinwiddie and chnag to battle for number 1

I say try to sign Durant if he becomes a free agent, keep Randall and Dinwiddie, trade or release Glenn and let the battle begin!! Don't touch Printers or Bishop!!

..I doubt very much that Glenn will be the no 1 qb. next year....or may not even be on this team for that matter....The new coach/gm will be bringing in a new face i'm sure...to compete for the no. 1 job....someone with CFL EXPERIENCE :wink: :rockin:

I wonder if Wally will be in trading mood after their loss to the Stamps ?

Either way, I agree that we need to bring to camp at least one more QB who has starting potential.

The candidates available right now, as I see them are:

Bishop/Durant
Printers/Williams

Possible candidates available through trade, could be:

Joseph/Jackson

Priority is to get at least one if our current crop is returning and two if Glenn is dealt and or released.

And to housedog, the decision will be the NEW GM/HC's not Taman's.

i say we try bring in durant or willams. joseph, bishop or printers woudl jus tbe wasting our time and our money. none of them are exactly consistant. to many picks and not esactly good at moving an offence.

Everybody here have some great ideas about our future Qb situation. Someone who we could probably get our hands on would be Stefan Lefors from Edmonton. He can scramble, has a decent arm and showed alot of smarts in the games that I saw last year when Ray was injured. Then again Durant showed similar talents. In my opinion, Glenn is not the answer! This has been proven! Time to move on even if it means a 50/50 season in 09.

..I'm beginning to warm-up to the idea of Printers.....i only say that because i know the guy has all kinds of raw talent ,that was wasted in the hammer......I don't like the kind of money he's being paid ....and if we COULDN'T get by that...i say he's a no-go...HOWEVER....with a new coach/gm such as Kelly (not confirmed yet but almost) Mike could extract the best out of a Casey Printers....especially with Printers knowing this guy is a receivers' dream coach and could lift his game dramatically...He's mobile and with our receivers and back-field, ...we could be down-right dangerous..I know a lot of people have written off Printers as a one-season wonder, flash-in-the-pan...I don't believe that's the case...I say take a chance on him...we could be doing ourselves a big favour... :wink:

I don't know papa. He's becoming injury prone but Hamilton didn't have much of an o-line either. He does have alot of raw talent but I'am just not so sure he'd be worth the gamble.

...you will notice scotty i said....'COULD' be doing ourselves a favour.... and you could be right ...it's a chance a lot of people would have to weigh out :roll:

First of all, i would like to say, housedog... please stop, taman obviously has found a good quarterback, because we had the leading passer of the league in 2007, so you bandwagon jumpers can stop blaming everything on taman, just because we have had one bad season which i beleive is more of an issue with our coaches.

As for the quarterbacks, i am getting tired of Kevin, and mostly because he never sees his reads, last game Romby Bryant was wide open long on the last 2 plays and would have been gone for a touchdown if he had just seen him and made the pass, also that should have been his first read, and with less than 30 seconds why was he looking at the rush or up the middle? Was this the offensive coordinator kit cartwright, who did this and that was his first read or is kevin really that stupid?

In my opinion we should keep all the guys we have and try out printers, durant, or jackson, Or 2 of them if possible.
And as some1 said here before, have a quarterback tryout, no favorites coming in, just purely talent, and performance in preseason.
I wouldnt even mind coming in to the season with Randall as the starter if he plays better than the other qbs.

First of all Milt you had better change your name cause Milt is toast, As for Glenn don't get your hopes up regarding any change in QB. On OB the other day it was mentioned that Taman is still very high on Glenn. Look forward to another disatrous season courtesy of your hero Taman. Forget Durant as he has stated to Rider Management that he wants to stay in Regina. The Bombers cannot afford Printers salary. He is a flop anyways so why bother throwing away good money. Bishop is at the best a 2nd string QB. Randall at the best would also fit into the category of 2nd string QB. The Bombers as a business don't have the luxury of spending another 3 years grooming another QB as this will effect attendance which effects the bottom line. The Bombers need to sign a first rate QB. However there is none available in this leaque at this time. I would bet my season tickets that Glenn will be back at the helm next season. If Taman had such a great eye for talent we would not be in the situation we are in. :cowboy:

....YOUR GONNA LOSE THAT BET HOUSEDOG.....so before you coughup your season tix....read what's going on in the media....and if you have...what part of ..TAMAN WILL NOT BE THE SOLE MANAGEMENT PERSON DOING THE HIRING IN 09 ,,,,do you not understand...In fact his role with the club has been radically diminished..But you keep arriving at your conclusions...i'll keep being informed and arriving at mine....Glenn will be struggling to be the no 1 qb. on the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 09...IF he's in the Peg at all....based on his play in the just completed season ...i would say its the latter//// :wink:

Papa you are wrong. As much as I would like a new quarterback Glenn will be back. People such as yourself are being fooled. The higher ups have stated they have faith in Glenn. Also Taman stated that he will have a say in hiring the new coach, What does that mean ?? It means that you have been had. The same garbage we were fed about Asper being a white knight. Do not believe the FP sports writers as they get so many freebies from Bauer they will write anything.

Sanjay and Housedog, how many times do i have to argue with you two? (edit) and don’t know squat, you are not fans of the Bombers you’re just (edit).

First off i’ll respond to housedog, you say there will be no new QB’s Coming to the PEG, i’ll bet my gold zone season tix that you’re wrong. You also stated there will be no talent available, NEWSFLASH (edit) , in the offseason EVERY QB is available, wether it be through trade or FA. When Kelly signs as COACH/GM, he can pretty much get Maas or Lefors from Edmonton as they are all tight and Maas has STATED in past seasons that he wanted to return to Edmononton and his reason was KELLY. Jarious Jackson may be available for trade as BC pissed the bed again, let’s see Jyles or Durant (oh by the way last interview i heard by Durant, he would WELCOME a new team, a team he would have the best chance at starting) … ummm … THE BOMBERS, Printers is a gamble but WILL be available and HE knows he won’t get the amount of Money he is making in Hamilton, common sense as The hammer are pretty much sold on the new kid as there starter, which also means Ritchie Williams WILL wanna move to a new team. Bishop is already on waivers, Joseph is Likely trade bait in T.O, and Montreal may wanna get more talent for Brady.

So in your post you are wasted, (edit) , there are alot of QB’S available or potentially available and that’s only the CFL, there is also Canadian and U.S College and NFL CUTS. Learn your (edit) before you post, cause every time you look like a (edit) .

AND … to complete my rant, Sanjay and Dog, don’t you read the newspapers or if you can’t read at least listen to the comments and interviews from Taman on the Bombers Website, TAMAN HAS NO PULL ANY MORE, HE WILL NOT BE GM BY FEBRUARY AT THE LATEST, HE IS NOTHING BUT PLAYER PERSONAL/SCOUT AT BEST. AND THE BOMBER TEAM IS NOT SOLD ON GLENN, AS FAR AS THAT IS CONCERNED, THAT WILL BE THE NEW COACH/GMS DECISION, NOT ANYONE ELSES, SO I AS YOU, HOW AND WHERE DID YOU HEAR THE COACHES AND BOMBER BRASS ARE SOLD ON GLENN? HOW AND WHERE? ANY ONE CAN SEE WE DON’T HAVE A COACH/GM (KELLY) TO MAKE THAT DECISION, YET? AND YOU THINK KELLY WANTS TO COME HERE TO START GLENN AND LOSE AGAIN AND AGAIN? HE IS A WINNER, HE PROVED IT WITH THE BOMBERS IN THE EARLY 90’S AND WILL COME IN AND CHANGES WILL BE MADE.

SO BEFORE YOU TYPE/POST, KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT, YOU BOTH KNOW (edit) AND THAT HAS BEEN PROVEN TIME AND TIME AGAIN, BANDWAGON JUMPING NEGATIVE (edit) . THAT SAID BE PREPARED FOR AN ANNOUNCEMENT VERY SOON ABOUT A NEW STADIUM AND NEW OWNER IN ASPER, CAUSE IT IS ONE STEP CLOSER TO BEING A REALITY AS HE HAS STATED THAT BY JANUARY, IF THE FEDERAL GOVT. WON’T HELP OUT HE IS WILLING TO POST THE REST HIMSELF, THE CITY LAND AND THE PROVINCE ARE ALREADY ON BOARD, JUST WAITING TO HERE FROM THE FEDS, SO DON’T BE SURPRISED WHEN, AND I STATE WHEN YOU ARE BOTH PROVEN WRONG IN MANY ASPECTS INCLUDING:

A) A NEW QB IN CAMP IN 09 WITH EXPERIENCE
B) THE SHOVELS HITTING THE GROUND AT THE UofM IN 09.

STOP TRYING TO LOOK SMART WITH YOUR POSTS AND JUST STOP POSTING PERIOD, I CAN SPEAK FOR THE REAL FANS, YES I WILL STATE THIS AGAIN, THE REAL FANS LIKE MYSELF, PAPA, PIGGY, MILT4LIFE AND BY THE WAY FINISHED OR NOT WHY WOULD AND SHOULD HE CHANGE HIS NAME ON HERE? HE SUPPORTS THE GREATEST RECIEVER IN THE GAME AND THE TEAM, THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING YOU CAN TELL SOMEONE DUDE, YO’RE JUST A COMPLETE (edit) WHEN YOU SAY (edit) LIKE THAT. IT’S HIS USERNAME AND A DAMN APPROPRIATE ONE, STOP WITH YOU’RE (edit) POSTS BOYZ AND GROW UP, LEARN YOUR (edit) AND THEN POST. THERE SOMEONE NEEDED TO DUMMY YOU’RE (edit) !!

i couldn't have said it better myself! :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

da, blue that was a beautiful thing to read.

And i pretty much agree 100%. the bomber have a great chance to get a experienced qb or a highly touted prospect.

Blue&Gold watch your language and the name calling or I can gurantee this will be the last post you make on this site. And I know you have been spoken to about this by the mods in the past.

...wow, 13 edits in one post...you've been warned about language before (by me even) and that was ridiculous, someone needs a timeout, I'd say 1/2 a day for every edit ought to work well, see you in a week I guess b&g4ever....