http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passer_rating << CFL's is same as the NFL's

My rating system:

W = 158.3
L = 0.0
T = kick in the ass and pat on the back + 79.15

;)

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

If you want to calculate this rating without the need for scotch, sharpened pencils, and a smoking calculator in tax-report mode, you can plug in the stats to an online QB rating calculator at http://www.primecomputing.com/ …wheeeeeeeeeee! LOL

Remember: the CFL has adopted the NFL methodology.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

This isn't nearly as hard to figure out as a QB rating, but it's fun anyway.

http://www.dack.com/web/bullshit.html

Good find!

You do realize that Rod Black is six degrees separated from that page, Steve?

:D :D :D ;)

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Probably!

http://brucey.net/nflab/statistics/qb_rating.html Great little tool

Here's How:

1. Divide a quarterback's completed passes by pass attempts.
  2. Subtract 0.3.
  3. Divide by 0.2 and record the total. The sum cannot be greater than 2.375 or less than zero.
  4. Divide passing yards by pass attempts.
  5. Subtract 3.
  6. Divide by 4 and record the total. The sum cannot be greater than 2.375 or less than zero.
  7. Divide touchdown passes by pass attempts.
  8. Divide by 0.05 and record the total. The sum cannot be greater than 2.375 or less than zero.
  9. Divide interceptions by pass attempts.
  10. Subtract that number from 0.095.
  11. Divide that product by 0.04 and record the total. The sum cannot be greater than 2.375 or less than zero.
  12. Add the four totals you recorded.
  13. Multiply that total by 100.
  14. Divide by 6.
  15. The final number is your quarterback rating.

if your trying to figure out porters rating i can just let you know it sucks :stuck_out_tongue:

According to this week's CFL Stats:

It's 79. Ahead of him are Cody Picket 82, Glenn and Jarius Jackson both 89, Burris 92, Ray 99, and Calvillo 106.

Below Porter are Durant 78, Pierce 77, Bishop 67, Joseph 64 and Lefors 61.

Tafralis' rating is 132 but he's only thrown 6 passes (completed 3).

Even more important than the rating for me is the following:

1. Wins by the starter
  2. Interception and personal turnover (e.g. fumbles and muffed handoffs)-to-TD ratio
  3. Completion percentage in the red zone + FD in the red zone divided by possessions in the red zone that do not result in a major.
  4. FD passing-to-attempts ratio
  5. Completion percentage on second and third down
  6. FD differential vs, opponent over the entire game
  7. FD differential vs, opponent in the fourth quarter

The rating is an overall barometer but can be skewed at times. The above list of stats tells a more complete picture of situational efficiency as it impacts game management. The league doesn't go into that much detail in the public stats it releases. I'd be interested to know if the Cats break at least some of this information down in-house.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

[quote="oski-oui-oui"]Even more important than the rating for me is the following:

1. Wins by the starter
  2. Interception and personal turnover (e.g. fumbles and muffed handoffs)-to-TD ratio
  3. Completion percentage in the red zone + FD in the red zone divided by possessions in the red zone that do not result in a major.
  4. FD passing-to-attempts ratio
  5. Completion percentage on second and third down
  6. FD differential vs, opponent over the entire game
  7. FD differential vs, opponent in the fourth quarter

The rating is an overall barometer but can be skewed at times. The above list of stats tells a more complete picture of situational efficiency as it impacts game management. The league doesn't go into that much detail in the public stats it releases. I'd be interested to know if the Cats break at least some of this information down in-house."

Russ: QB percentage ratings are for the birds. Statistical irrelevance. You can win with with a below average rating and if you lose...who cares what the QB rating is?
What you have written here makes much more sense.

Porter :thdn: