QB Rakeem Cato Signs

Merci de cette précision! Ça se tient mieux, maintenant.

I like this lineup going into camp. Competition everywhere, all kinds of body types and experience level. Coaching staff obviously will have to make choices but this is a "rebuild on the go" and I like it. Herb has been taking shots at the age of this team. But nothing wins more games in the CFL than experience but they have to stay healthy.

Really good point made about the NFL and lack of QBs. It is evrywhere not just the CFL Accuracy is the major word you hear about almost every QB in whichever pro league.
The spread offense at least in the states have guys racking up numbers but can't translate that into the pro games. It may look and play more like the CFL than NFL. moving from college to the CFL is a big jump. These are pro DBs in the CFL. Many of whom are as good as any NFL DB but are often chucked aside because of their height.

-Crompton at least for now will be the QB. He does not posses that great arm or running ability the escape pressure.
What he does have is the willingness to play and work hard. He has the leadership and cool demenor that a QB needs.

-He benefited greatly by having Garcia and Shonert. Will benefit even more by having AC now.

-Knowing what they had/have at QB Crompton was on the same page with the coaches with priority of taking care of the ball.
You here it all the time. Better to throw the ball away than force something and throw an int. Punt it away, keep the defense out of bad situations of field position, and live to play another down on offense.

-Thorpe and the D are stout so they can lean on them a bit.

-Like Kavis Reed or not he is there to focus on teams something that has not been the case in awhile. The Als always had and have the players for coverage teams. Popp has stepped up and brought in a few return guys that are considered to be good. As well a rookie and a vet big leg kicker that both punt and Kick Off for distance that can flip the field as they say.

Yeah, I have no problem with adding veterans on offense when our de facto starting QB is young and unproven. AC could turn a broom into a 1000-yard receiver; Crompton can’t do that. So we need to spend more at receiver to help him (or LeFevour or whoever) out. And we’ve got young players too, depth at every position that I can see. I think Jim’s done the right thing. It’s now up to the coaches to put together the team and to show that the playbook is sound. I’m sure Jim is tired of having to fire coaches midway through the season and airlift replacement players in.

Yup. The NFL is an absurd league IMO. They’ve created a situation where the most important position on the field, QB, is impossible to accurately scout and develop at the college level. Enough articles have been written on the subject of scouting QBs and how it’s an art, not a science, and teams frequently get it astoundingly wrong. To me, the only constant in developing QBs is that an established system with a good QB coach / OC and a mature offense will be better at breaking in young QBs than other teams (see Calgary). If Bo Levi Mitchell had been on, say, the Als under Hawkins or Worman, I doubt he’d even be a starter today, let alone a Grey Cup champion at such a young age.

I agree. I think Popp has gotten his coordinators and offensive staff in place. He had to relieve the HC he did not hire of the Special teams duties. Actually having a FT guy who focus is on Teams to generate some big returns and coverage teams pinning teams back to win Field position battle.

JMO but I can see Shonert and AC using more TE sets especially in red zone where AC found success late in his career with Lavoi. Bedard and a couple of young guys from last years draft.
even work Vet RB Volney in as a pass catching Hybrid RB/SB.

Giguere is not getting much ink with the all star name vet signings. Playing him in the Slot. Strong and fast yac yards with him and Green.

Pointless info if somehow both Cato and Skelton make the active roster.

Als would have both the heaviest and lightest quarterbacks in the league. Closest to Skelton's listed weight of 258 would be Brian Brohm at 236. Closest to Cato's 178 would be Drew Tate at 191.

This will be both the most interesting and most important TC since 97.

Discipline says that the NFL has only enough legit QBs to count on one hand.
Nonsense.

The current NFL has 5 (or one hand) sure fire HOF qbs
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Ben Roelisberger

It has another 5 Prow Bowlers 0r better:
Andrew Luck
Philip Rivers
Joe Flacco
Tony Romo
Matt Ryan

Another 5; Super legit starters
Russell Wilson
Cam Newton
Carson Palmer
Eli Manning
Andy Dalton/Kaepernick

Minimum 3 hands needed for far more than just "legit starters."

En français, on appelle ça une figure de style.

Inutile de faire une tempête dans un verre d’eau.

Oh, is the troll hoping to be fed again? :lol:

Don’t worry, LeStaf, he’s been on my Foe list for a long time now. :slight_smile:

I would not be surprised to see either of those QBs make the roster somewhere. For Skelton will he have the dedication and want to continue his football career. Like a Briam Brohm, John Beck who have seen more than the minimal time in the NFL or fall by the wayside like Troy Smith and others like him.
Tanner Marsh was brought in during the short Hawkins stint. He was passed over by Popp for mid season addition Troy Smith who did play well under Popp. Then Garcia and Shonert moved in a much more pro player in Crompton. now the addition of Lefevour an NFL vet who may or may not have the right mindset and a young top QB looking to prove himself in pro football in true rookie Cato

Might as well throw in another one. Andrew Manley from Eastern Illinois signed earlier today.

Source?

I see it`s on the Eastern Illinois website:

[url=http://www.eiupanthers.com/news/2015/5/22/FB_0522152156.aspx]http://www.eiupanthers.com/news/2015/5/ ... 52156.aspx[/url]

The Alouettes hold a closed rookie camp starting Wednesday, they usually bring in several names we haven`t heard of as yet, so there are no assurances Cato or Manley make it to training camp. But I guess they are really doing their due diligence on QBs.

I think Hfx said it best: it’s very clear that the team has not “settled” on Crompton as the no. 1. They know that his status is far from proven, so they’re bringing in as much QB talent as possible to give the coaches options. This should be a very interesting training camp.

Presently and for me,the number 1 question remains: Who will be #2 QB-until Dan LeFevour is OK- and who will be number #3. I will not be surprised if both Tanner Marsh and John Skelton are released before 2015 season begins.

Richard

What if LeFevour is gone for half the season or so? Furthermore, I do not believe it is definite that Bridge will be in training camp. If so, who would be the backups then? Are you expecting another Crompton this year (signing a CFL backup(s) who gets cut before opening day)?

Should Dan LeFevour be not available for the first half of the season, I would then expect Tanner Marsh to be on the team along with Rakeem Cato.

As I wrote " I will not be surprised" does not necessarily mean that I expect that both Marsh and Skelton will be released. I definitely expect Skelton to be released before season begins.

Richard