QB predictions for 2022

I have a buddy who held off getting the vaccine until his employer Purolator gave him an ultimatum a few weeks ago. He is now double vaxxed.

Unless Masoli has another $400,000 a year job lined up then he will also get vaxxed.

5 Likes

Farhan Lalji today puts the odds of Michael Reilly retiring at 75%. If that happens, BC wants to give Nathan Rourke the 1st chance at earning the starting job. (I say it helps his cause when he counts against the ratio and that his contract calls for a maximum of around $130,000)

Lalji says while Jeremiah Masoli would be interested in playing in Vancouver, the Lions might not feel the same. Instead, BC might prefer to sign Trevor Harris because nobody seems to want to give Harris their undisputed starting QB position. Hence, Harris might accept a heavily incentive contract and become BC's Plan B should Rourke stumble.

Collaros back in Winnipeg on a 1 year deal

I don't want to see Harris here in any capacity. Remember what happens to him with a couple of hits/sacks? Falls to pieces. As proven admirably by our own defence.

2 Likes

This didn’t age well…

1 Like

At least you owned it. :smile:

1 Like

Odds getting better every day Masoli is back in the hammer as a backup. Still Ottawa out there, but he might want to be on a contender.

1 Like

I guess these holdouts aren’t all that concerned about the vaccine after all, just being difficult.

2 Likes

That would be sweet. Without Masoli how else would we maintain proper decorum around here? :wink:

4 Likes

Was apparently better out of camp.
Was apparently better all year.
Took until the second QTR of the East Final (Game 16) for our coaching staff to make a change.

Whats changed?

If they signed Masoli wouldn’t they still think he’s our “best chance to win”, what did Evans show in 2.5 games that he didn’t show in 2019?

If not, what the hell were we doing for an entire season?

Now is anyone gonna believe there wasn’t truely a “competition” and maybe this was a predetermined plan?

3 Likes

To put some numbers around it, if Reilly retires and Harris signs in BC: odds of Masoli ending up in Ottawa may have increased from 40% to 75%, while his odds of staying in Hamilton may have increased from 2% to 5%.

Biggest remaining variables are Macbeth, and Chris Jones.

Jeremiah T Masoli could very well play for the Anchors in 2022.....
If you were GM wouldn't you sign JM ? The Anchor's rode is worn out at QB , upgrade needed after losing the Eastern final again , JM signs a one year deal while they wait to tie down Zac in 23....

2 Likes

I think the Argos will just go with MBT if they are even considering Masoli. Similar age and experience in both QB’s. I agree Masoli is a an upgrade but not a significant upgrade.
My money would be Masoli to Ottawa at this point, while they continue to develop Caleb Evans.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you’re suggestion. If Masoli does come back, they may well still see a split of some kind. It’ll just be with JM making much less.

But , but , but MBT was chosen as the Eastern QB selection on the All-Star team last season . So that means he must have been the best of the best . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

To be fair my suggestion is that it was predetermined and never a competition, otherwise Masoli would have been their top priority this offseason.

If he does come back (and I don’t think thats gonna happen) it’s to be firmly planted on the bench unless injury.

2 Likes

And that’s the ideal scenario for us. Jeremiah is an upgrade for a few teams right now and would be the best backup in the league. Dane has also had a few injuries as well.

Cant spend too much on a backup though - cant remember the last time it paid off for a team that won the GC. Maybe Harris/Burris but they had a losing record.
2019 doesnt count because Dane wasnt a veteran backup.
2021 would have been the exception, but did it hurt is signing other guys?

Tracy Ham & Anthony Calvillo were a pretty good Alouette pair of QB's in 98,99....
I can see the Anchors releasing MBT after signing J. Masoli , MBT is bumped to Ottawa and so on....

2 Likes

He’s also an excellent ambassador and shows well when representing the Argos. Like at Raptor’s games or with camera men. :smile:

3 Likes