QB Index: Setting a big stage for LD Weekend

The QB Index is a weekly power ranking of quarterbacks across the CFL. The ranking reflects recent performance, historical value, statistical indicators, team success and overall on-field evaluation.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/08/31/qb-index-setting-big-stage-ld-weekend/

Nichol's star isn't shining too bright these days but no one seems to be trusting Davis to pick up the slack. Hard times for Ottawa fans(which thankfully I'm not).

1 Like

Gotta feel for Lapo. He's stuck with Nichols (unless Ottawa trades for Masoli). I hate seeing a top level quarterback rot in reserve while at least one team in this league needs a better starter.

Also, I'll bet Collaros has way better numbers next week if his recievers sober up for the game. Seriously, if those guys can't hold their liquor the least they can do is hold onto the ball. And where does Calgary get off coming up with all those bonafide starters whenever they bloody well need 'em? I say pass John Hufnagal around to the rest of us. You've hogged him long enough. Harrumph. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

If I ran the Cats I wouldn't be trading Masoli, they probably have the best 1-2 punch at QB in the league. Trade either one & you lose that advantage. There seems to be a lack of experienced talent for the back-up spots at QB these days.

1 Like

I don't blame you. That was our attitude too when Nichols was starting. Thank gosh we had Streveler to sub in whenever Nichols suffered yet another boo boo to whatever part of his fragile bod. But in your case I think you NEED to protect your quarterback(s) better in the first place. Your offensive line is in need of some serious upgrades. Evans is young. I'd roll the dice and build a huge line for him through a Masoli trade and take another run at the Cup. How many more chances will you guys get before you wind up in 'rebuilding mode'? THAT's what I'd do. :four_leaf_clover:

Not my Cats (I'm a Lions fan first & foremost) but I get what you're saying. We'll just have to wait & see who's prediction comes to pass. Advantages & disadvantages to both scenarios but I'd love to have one of these guys to back up Reilly.

Hey... you already have a good backup in the making there. Nathan Rourke looked better and better as the game wore on. I think he's going to break out 'big time' in his next start. You'll soon be asking, "Reilly who?" :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Rourke could well be our guy moving forward, but right now his inexperience is a concern for me. Of course there is only one way to fix that, I just hope we can break him in gently & not under fire. I would have absolutely no concerns here if he was our #3 in depth, but current rules prohibit that option(dumb rule in my books).