QB Index: Collaros, Reilly set to battle

The QB Index is a weekly power ranking of quarterbacks across the CFL. The ranking reflects recent performance, historical value, statistical indicators, team success and overall on-field evaluation.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/09/28/qb-index-collaros-reilly-set-battle/

No way Reilly should be #1 right now... Collaros, Fajardo, Reilly...and the rest. One could argue Bo should be behind MacBeth as well.

based on what?

I'm pretty OK with that assessment, I don't see it as 1 2 & 3, I see it as 1A 1B & 1C. All of which could be rearranged with no distinction.
Arguments could go on for hours, %'s totals, opponents, yards, TD's / int's......

if they based it on performer of the week/month, it would be Fajardo, Reilly, with Collaros some not on the list.

I am not dissing Collaros, just questioning someone ranking him first.

1 Like

Based on Collaros' body of work this year. Stats wise he may be slightly behind Reilly, but he has his team in first place, and beat the Riders twice, where as Reilly has lost twice. I'm not "dissing" on Reilly, I just think Collaros has the edge based on the wins.

wins can be counted for MVP, but has very little to do with MOP on a team game.

BTW, BC offense is number 1, it is WPG defense that is more responsible for their success. Number 1 D by far.

Reilly is the best QB in the league. With a running back the Lions would be up there with Winterpeg. When evaluating a QB you throw out wins/losses. It has nothing to do with wins, it has to do with stats. And on top of his talent, he's also proven he's the toughest and most durable player in the league... period.

not taking away anything from the others, it's just they are not ... Reilly!

1 Like

My top 3 are-Mike Reilly-Cody Fajardo-Zack Collaros who I hope all can stay healthy and focused for the remainder of the 2021 season.

This is why he's ranked #1, not anything to do with where the team is positioned: CFL Stats - CFL.ca

He leads in EVERY category! and apparently on the lowest ranked team of the top 3!
RK / NAME / COMP / ATT / % / YARDS / TD / INT / EFFIC / INT % / AVG
1 / REILLY / 148 /199 / 74.4 / 1870 / 10 / 1 / 117.9 / 0.5 / 9.4
2 / COLLAROS / 140 /199 / 70.4 / 1731 / 10 / 4 / 105.3 / 2 / 8.7
3 / FAJARDO / 154 / 213 / 72.3 / 1644 / 7 / 7 / 91.8 / 3.3 / 7.7

1 Like