QB Index: A pivotal meeting in Vancouver

The QB Index is a weekly power ranking of quarterbacks across the CFL. The ranking reflects recent performance, historical value, statistical indicators, team success and overall on-field evaluation.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/09/21/qb-index-pivotal-meeting-vancouver/

Bo Levi needs to be no higher than 7 on this list. His numbers and production are well below 7th, but, it's Bo, and this league seems to have a hard on for this guy. He has been hot garbage since the middle part of 2019...

2 Likes

Agreed, he's been mediocre at best for quite a while now. He does of course have the potential to get his game back but right now he is NOT the 4th best QB.

1 Like

I see Nichols has dropped right out of sight. Matt? Matt? Anyone seen Matt?

2 Likes

As a confirmed Stamp fan, I have to say Mitchell is ranked way too high as 4th QB. Since signing that $700,000 contract he hasn't performed better than mediocre . Only so much can be attributed to the high number of rookie receivers.

1 Like

I know right? Matt is REALLY tough to spot this close to Halloween. I'll give you a hint:

(He's in Ottawa masqerading as a quarterback) :grin:

I fully endorse the top 3 picks. Cody Fajardo is one very tough Quarterback, after taking a good head shot with the turf in Week 6. He was able to Pass & Run effectively in the Riders big road win versus my hometown Argos. He showed some promise even when he was with the Double Blue.

I posted here recently his star wasn't shining very brightly these days but I really didn't think it would disappear altogether. Just another blow for Ottawa, so sad.:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

No Jake Maier on the list? List is crap.

During the 2019 season, B(u)M was consistently ranked in the top 2 or 3, in spite of his sub-pro level performance throughout the year. As is the case this season, he should never have ranked higher than 8 or 9.

I'm hoping Matt recovers and plays again but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they give up on him in Ottawa and O'Shea brings him back here to Winnipeg to finish his rehab. He might make a nice comeback this year... wearing a Bomber jersey. :grin:

He might make a nice comeback this year... wearing a Bomber jersey.
[/quote]
Interesting scenario. I don't think we've seen the last of him either but he needs to get both his health & his mojo back on track.

1 Like

Yeah wouldn't that be a story book ending eh? Nichols returns just in time to lead his former team into the playoffs as Collaros goes down with an injury. We get to the Cup again thanks to Nichols 'game managing' the final for us.

As icing on the cake, Collaros heals up enough to start in the Cup and we defeat the Cats in an epic battle that wouldn've happened had Nichols not fallen into our laps. :smiley: :+1: