QB Index: A familiar face rises up

The QB Index is a weekly power ranking of quarterbacks across the CFL. The ranking reflects recent performance, historical value, statistical indicators, team success and overall on-field evaluation.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/11/16/qb-index-familiar-face-rises/

Reading between the lines here... being on the right team at the right time is the difference between playoff bound top-ranked Collaros and Reilly, "one of the league’s greatest QBs". No argument there.

Drop Reilly into the Bombers offense and he'd be ranked at or near #1 every week. Drag Collaros kicking and screaming behind that ruin of an offensive line in BC and he'd wind up in the infirmary and completely off the list.

2 Likes

Mute button Suitor must have written the Bo Levi part.

I'm more of a "what have you done for me lately" kind of guy, so these rankings are all out of wack for me.

Mike Reilly should not be in the 3 hole. Cody Fajardo should be in the 3 hole. Delvin Hodges should not be in camp in 2022, and Sean McGuire will probably not be a Bomber next year. They both are not worthy of being on this list.

1 Like

I agree with your list of those who should not be on the list. :smiley:

1 Like

Reilly and Mitchell - SO SO overrated.
Masoli and his man-bun - should be #9.
where have all the good QB's gone?? why did Ottawa and then Toronto trade Arbuckle?
Why is Dane Evans not starting in Hamilton?
Collaros is easily league MOP of 2021 - and he was booed out of Hamilton for above mentioned man-bun Masoli. Hey Hamilton - like what you got ???

McGuire and Hodges have both started 1 game.
Give me a break. Give them a break.
You can't expect a star after 1 CFL game - you guys are judgment queens.
Look at current Ottawa starting QB - brilliant 1st game (lucky) and horrible for 6-8 games thereafter.
You can't judge by 1 or 2 games.

BUT, that is fantasy and reality is different... The bomber QB is where he is and so is everyone else on that list

1 Like

Which is exactly why neither one of those guys should be one this list, Even Nichols should bump one of these guys & why add a tenth spot when you're hard pressed to even find 9 decent QBs in the league?

1 Like

That is not a bad point. I always wondered why they sometimes drop someone off the list when he is hurt and seem to place someone on the list at the bottom after one game. I take it that is part of their framework but I don’t think it has been explained, as far as I am aware.

1 Like

Reality often sucks. Just ask Reilly after the next beating he's going to have to take playing for BC. Collaros must be pinching himself every day after having miraculously wound up in Winnipeg... injury free since the last three games of 2019. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Yip. For example, BLM has to remember he's on HUF's team, not his. When Jon Cornish, for example, ran for a zillion yards, the holes in the line were so big I could have walked through them. It all starts, and ends, with the boys up front. (Oh, and Reilly, you gotta up your autograph game.... :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I couldn't agree more. This Saturday I'm pretty sure Collaros gets his twin towers, Stanley Bryant and Jermarcus Hardrick back anchoring the best line in the CFL. If Collaros had a tail it would wag so hard his butt would fall off. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like