Qb going forward

Even if the Riders did sign Dolegala, the Patriots could still scoop him up via the NFL window.

2 Likes

Dolegala was a shining star for the Riders this year. He is not responsible for a defense that could not stop anybody. When your defense gives up 36 points a game on average and your offense scores 29 points on average it is no wonder the riders were a losing team, but Dolegala looked impressive at times this year against the Bombers and the BC Lions.

I have no doubt the Patriots are looking at him again. I was not aware the riders could sign him but still lose him to the NFL. Was not sure how that worked exactly but that would explain why they are waiting on this NFL window you talk about. Losing Dolegala would be a tough loss for the riders.
He was starting to show why they signed him this year.

1 Like

Exactly, and if these players gave up on the team, it would be a bad idea too. Bring any of, Them. Back. Mean while Cody goes to Montreal and wins. A grey cup. And we’re stuck with another rebuild. It. Seems like over my 60 years of watching this team, that’s mostly all we ever do around here,. Maybe it’s time to see if a private owner would take over the team?

1 Like

agreed, only problem is if a private owner wanted to own the team it would have found a way to happen. When this team has been successful it was because someone had the balls to keep the board of directors away from the day-to-day football shit and the actual running of what happens with coaches and managers and players. Look at the debacle in EE…they finally got a manager and coach(same person) who told the board to go pound sand when they wished to meddle. Same issue in Riderville…the board has way to much sway and power.

3 Likes

In terms of Green quarterbacking, I would not at all be surprised to see Shea Pattterson rise to #2 on the depth chart ahead of Fine.

2 Likes

I think this is entirely possible if last year’s training camp repeats itself. I was somewhat surprised at the team not giving him a shot last year. No way Pipkin is #2 and Fine just did not impress me through all of last year. I am super hopeful that Harris can stay healthy all year and the number 2 spot is just semantics.

1 Like

Well, between Harris, Patterson, Fine, and Pipkin, someone’s moving on after training camp I’d suspect.