QB Brady

In the loss to Winnipeg, I thought Brady played an effective game and his statistics would have been better if not for a few dropped passes. Winnipeg was lined up, I believe, with the objective of denying Brady the ends in which he usually can effectively run or pass. This forced Brady to use the pocket to set up to pass and, I thought he was effective throwing from the pocket. It appeared he had the time in which to pass from that position. There was not the frequency of QB sacks we have seen in the past two years. When the inside pass rush became too heavy Brady was able to run outside with a run-pass threat. I am becomming an admirer of Brady this season and, I do believe he will have a more active future with this club.

Hopefully they will use AC to groom him like Ham did with AC

I think in the next game if Winnipeg does that with Payton and Carter in the backfield, The Als will be able to run the ball quite effectively up the middle and use screens. Normaly linebackers can't release to the edge until they account for the ball carrier, during the last game they rotated defenders to spy on Brady. I would have the two running backs take turn spying the spy...

Sorry guys, but with our atrocious O-line, Bellefeuille calling the shots, and the Popp Star continuing his "Let's Pretend to be a Head Coach" comedy act, it doesn't matter how much improved Brady is.

It still comes down to playmakers on the field. This isn't EA's Madden. They've lost 3 games to Winnipeg but by a total of 14 points!

If Flutie could win TWO Grey Cups with some pretty average Olines. Brady can beat Winnipeg. Winnipeg and montreal are both 3-6 in their last nine games.

Cheer for the players. You can piss on these other guys later if they lose.

Flute had real coaches when he won the Grey Cup with an average O-line. And why are we comparing Marcus Brady, who hasn't really proven anything in the CFL, to Doug Flutie, one of the greatest QBs the league has ever seen?

Of course I'm cheering for the players. But this deck is stacked and I think they know it. When your O.C. is an idiot and your H.C. could get outcoached by a chimpanzee, you aren't going to approach the game with much confidence.

I believe that the odds are heavily stacked against the Als but I will say this: I am getting more comfortable with the idea of Brady being our future QB.

With better, more imaginative coaching (as pointed out by discipline) and some tutoring from AC (as pointed out by ro), I believe that he could have a great career in this league.

Yes, with the right coaches, I think Brady could be a great starting QB. Too bad we don't have the right coaches.

About 37% completed passes last game!!

Did you count the number of droppes passes?

And those dropped passes would not only improve his completion percentage, but in most cases would have given the team a fresh set of downs with which to work. Who knows how things would have turned out?

I can also recall a couple of passes which were called back re penalties. Brady has to show he can put several good games together-what if the impossible happens and the Als make it to the Grey Cup???

I can also recall a couple of passes which were called back re penalties. Brady has to show he can put several good games together-what if the impossible happens and the Als make it to the Grey Cup???