QB Adams hit in the back of the head with a head shot !

And even body against body contact.

And aren’t blows to the back of the head generally considered more dangerous than blows to the front? Isn’t that why shots to the back of the head are banned in MMA?

Just watched the hit. I will be surprised if at least a 1 game suspension is not given.

Here’s a link to what I posted on this topic around six hours ago.

I added a timestamp so if you click to watch the YouTube clip, it shows the play
where Tavai makes a mighty attempt to end Adam’s season. Montreal’s pivot
is now listed as ‘mild concussion’ – info just as credible as “Alouettes have a new
owner” i.e. I’ll believe it when I see Adams take a snap in the next game.

I think the word “disgusting” is more suitable here. Not BS. It has dawned on me
that almost every starting or starring QB has ended up unable to play, and this is
the evidence that the CFL is BS, in this day and age. This is unwatchable football.

http://forums.cfl.ca/alouettes-de-montreal/2/redblacks-at-als-08022019/108912/msg2264177#msg2264177

Related linkexplaining the difference between a liar and a bullshitter.

Yes when anything goes against Cats, itz the CFL or Refs or the world has it in for Cats! Never about us Cats deserving it!

Tell us where the Cats deserve it and where they don’t.

Two of their roles are to look for uncalled RTP penalties, and to check whether an uncalled unnecessary roughness penalty was the direct cause of a fumble. From what I saw in the replay, there should have been an UR penalty, and it may very well have been the cause for the fumble.

Maybe they didn’t want to rule on that second part, and ruling on the first would bring into question the second?

From this I learned that bullshitting is slightly more ethical than lying. ;D

Also then the league is trying to BS (persuade) us that the Adams hit wasn’t worthy of discipline. I would imagine that after enough backlash they will eventually suspend Tavai.

Hit was with intent to injure IMO. The QB was already going down.

I think a minimum 1 game suspension even if it is just for optics is in order.
Also makes this player a repeat offender if it happens again.

On Friday night, Vernon Adams goes through concussion protocol and this loss of playing time to his team becomes a big factor in Montreal losing the game. So, on two occasions last night, both head coaches plead to the officials that the opposing quarterback should undergo concussion protocol. Is this just a brand-new ploy by two of the CFL’s most well-prepared coaches?
No! I’m sure it’s just concern for the health and well-being of their fellow man. Cynicism has been washed from heart and my soul is restored. Peace be with you, Jason and Dave.

I didn’t see the EDM-CAL game - is that really what happened? Send your goons after the opposing QB and then urge the officials to force medical care on them?

Dickenson and Maas are the coaches to watch if you want a preview of rules that will be changed next off-season due to abuse by coaches.

As you said, you didn’t see it, so I have to tell you they didn’t exactly send in their goons. Both instances were pretty typical contacts to a quarterback - nothing outrageous - which is why I thought coaches calling for concussion protocol on the opposing players was outrageous.
But you’re right on to imply that Maas has a history of pushing the envelope. See how the coach’s challenge rule has evolved. That’s all Maas. He is a pretty bright guy and a pretty quick study too.

Dickenson is great at creating such circumstances. He would have receives run purposely into DBs, so if a play didn’t work he would challenge for illegal contact, usually away from the play and get his first down.

He had a high success rate on challenges because he set it up.

Now that you can no longer challenge illegal contact, his percentage of success has dropped.

I guess some would call it clever, I think of it as lying and cheating. Of course, D Dickenson gets to wander up and down the field of play and whine at the officials. Never understood that either.

My dream is to see Dickenson go 0-18. 8)

You can clearly see the Helmut to Helmut contact of the Head shot Adams took to the head !

[url=https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/alouettes-share-their-opinions-on-tavai-s-hit-on-adams-jr%7E1746348]https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/alouettes-share-their-opinions-on-tavai-s-hit-on-adams-jr~1746348[/url]

Just watched it again a few times. It’s a bad hit. Definitely not as bad as Simoni but should have been flagged and fined for sure.

Nothing more than gamesmanship. Concussion protocol is an independent spotter isn’t it?

Yeah, that’s pretty bad. Like Simoni, Tavai had to significantly alter his trajectory in order to ensure that he could make contact with the QB’s helmet. And like Simoni, he only changed directions after it was clear the QB was going down. Completely wrapped up, in this case, and sliding, in Zach’s case.

(I believe the consensus on this board after week 1 was that a tackler has no control over his own body in such short a brief span of time. I am in the minority who disagrees.)

I didn’t realize until this most recent viewing the extent to which Tavai also snapped Adams’ neck forward. In my non-medical opinion, the potential for a broken neck on a hit like that is real.

If the league doesn’t step in with disciplinary action I will be shocked.

So based on this it’s your belief that he anticipated where Adams’ head would be when he started his hit to make sure he got the head/neck area?