Q.B-Undrafted?

excerpt from Buamen Q.&A re-dave says- Hi Chris, good luck with the ticates on every other day then when you are playing the Riders. How much of your success do you attribute to a high calibre quarterback in Teale Orban?

Chris Bauman: "Whenever you have a guy who can thow 65-70 yards, it make my job a lot easier".--------------- ? who is Teale Orban and where did he play -Was he drafted, -anyone know

He is a strong QB who holds a couple impressive U of R records..

I don't believe he was drafted. Canadian QB's are rare, scouts see all the talent in that position..all south of the border

He seems like a strong QB maybe he will be picked up down the road..

re-. "Canadian QB's are rare, scouts see all the talent in that position..all south of the border"
-- only in Canada EH-pity-

He's actually up for the next draft (2008). He will be playing in the east-west bowl this saturday for the 'west' team. Whether he gets selected or signed as a free agent will depend on the year he has.

Are you saying pitty the Canadian Quarterbacks are not skilled enough to play in the CFL or are you saying all of the CFL pro scouts under estimate the quality of Quarterback talent in the CIS?

I don't know the answer to that, do you?

CIS quarterbacks are generally not very good. The only guy I would even think about developing is that guy out of Laval... and even then I don't see it happening.

re--Are you saying pitty the Canadian Quarterbacks are not skilled enough to play in the CFL or are you saying all of the CFL pro scouts under estimate the quality of Quarterback talent in the CIS?

I don't know the answer to that, do you?--------- We wont know till a few Cis Qb,s get a real chance to show what they can do, IMHO----- My take is that if the lineman they play against, and the receiver,s they throw to are good , why not the better QB,s?

Any CIS QBs ever declared for the NFL draft?

Massdestruction. The problem is that these "highly touted" CIS QBs are usually not that impressive statistically, even for the CIS. Adam Archibald (who has been mentioned on these forums) only had a 56 comp. percentage. That's not very good at all, no matter what league you play in.

Yes Archibalds stats are weak, but there are other good qb,s in Cis-eg-http://cis.infinityprosports.com/2004/index.php?page=rosters&sub=player&sport_name=football&player_id=939

It's a matter of numbers. Every year only about 3-4 CIS QB's are draft eligible. On a good year, One of them may be able to convince a team to draft/sign him. Remember there are only 27 teams in the CIS, 10-12 of them worth anyone's time. 5 years ago it was 25 teams.

Even in the NFL highly touted QB's are winning QB's. Matt Leinhart and Vince Young won championships. Brady Quinn broke records. For a QB to get noticed he cant just be good, he has to show that he's great. Denison was sort fo there but was cut. Noone has shown it since