Puzzling reaction

Yup, Johnny don’t get why Hawkins has to be a dick! His incompetence cannot be helped, but he could surely make an effort to not be a jerk…

The Riders will beat us by 30 points on their field, by 20 in Montreal. Johnny ain’t looking forward to those games :frowning:

I can’t see it. Their key is Sheets and he’s not going to run against us the way they’ve been all season.

LOL. Attack? I’m merely defending myself and others here from your tiresome attacks. Threads like this one are case in point. It’s not enough for you to talk football. No, you have to attack, undermine, and ridicule other posters for disagreeing with you. Incidentally, almost no one was arguing the position you were attributing to everyone in your initial post (that we’d be happy just with a win). I mentioned it before but as usual with you, no response, because a good troll is never happy when his strawman argument is exposed and he’s forced to admit that he’s wrong. Fundamentally, you’re incapable of having a disagreement without making it personal, and that’s the problem. If and when you ever demonstrate that you can be a courteous board member, I’ll treat you like one. Not before then, though.

If Johnny or sheldon or I or anyone else (yes, that includes even Senior Ah Me) want to express our displeasure with the season thus far, we have every right to do so without having to deal with your barbs and personal attacks. If you want to be optimistic, by all means, go for it! I’ll never belittle you or anyone else for having a dissenting opinion. What gets my goat is blatant personal disrespect. That is unacceptable and I’ll call you out on it every single time. If you don’t like it, don’t act like a smug, superior a$$. The people who post here are a smart group of football fans who can get along just fine without your attitude, thank you.

Not in the early going of the game, but once our offense goes into its predictable torpor and stops being able to move the football, the D will get tired, and the Riders will start to knife through us.

I really hope I’m wrong, but honestly, can you see any reason to be optimistic about our offense’s ability to be productive through 60 minutes? They haven’t done it in five games against weaker teams. Why would they be able to do it against the top team this year (SSK)?

I’m not saying we’ll be productive, not saying we will win. I just don’t agree that they will lose by 30 points. Which in effect means they would score 40 to 60.

Fair enough. I don't think we'll get blown out, but I also don't think we'll win or be able to generate much offense.

Faux. Ce qui n’existe pas ne peut être “in shambles”. (Je ne sais pas trop ce que veut dire “in shambles”, mais ça ne change rien à la conclusion.)

Ohhhh snap! :lol: Nicely done!

A week or two ago I would have agreed with you, but there do seem to be tiny signs of life. Not in the passing game, which remains as moribund as ever (Miller has heard of the concept of a pick or rub, right? right?), but the running game has stabilized and the additions of Ola and Bomben to the line have improved the protection for Calvillo. Now, whether this is due to Popp telling the coaches to revert back to Trestman’s offense (and possibly Meyer’s zone-blocking scheme) or not, we have no way of knowing. But at least we’re scoring field goals now! A few weeks ago, I’d have given my eye teeth for a drive that ended in a field goal instead of a two-and-out-and-punt or a turnover. :wink:

such a piece of work. You have opinions. I have opinions. There was no attack in my post. Just give it a rest. and I have to laugh when you say “even” Senior gets to post. “Even”… You get to make that choice? Listen. It is clear you confuse your assumptions with facts and then launch. I’ll post, you can ignore but quit labeling me with your insults.

Hopefully it will not be that lopsided. They sure do have allot of weapons on the Riders. O line has been giving Sheets allot of room to work with and now with Berry out, will the Als D line be able to clog up the middle enough to prevent him from breaking runs for big yards.

Their offensive line is very dynamic when they run the football. They really head downfield and pick on a spot on the dline. Sheets just looks where the breakdowns occur and picks his blocks as he goes. Almost like kick returns.

The riders do have weapons but not necessarily more than other years imo. what I do see is they play HARD and committed. Their confidence is so high. Their ability to roll out, a trait of all Cortez offenses , is causing troubles. He has done this for years. He did it with Buono in Calgary, Buono took it to BC and now Dickenson has it going in Calgary. In the NFL Mike Shanahan's teams have always used this approach. Success is dependent on QB mobility. Not necessarily scrambling but just to get outside a bit. If you look at Als opening successful marches recently Calvillo has had great success rolling 5 yards outside the pocket. However for what ever reason Sask is miles ahead in physicality to all teams, save maybe Calgary. They are very good no question.

Their Oline is very young and every OL that Picard has anchored has always ran the ball better than most if not all other teams. If we can get a split with them that would be great. Let’s start by dealing with Toronto. Things change quickly in the CFL.

Yes indeed.

it'll be fascinating to see how they come out of the break. Time to catch their breath. coming off a win. practice. I think they'll be very good vs TO. Two teams play.one team wins. but I expect them to be more solidified.

With the Eastern teams so weak and, because of Whitaker"s abilities, the most realistic aim for this season should be at a playoff game in the East. Hamilton and WPeg are not showing greatness so we do have, at most, the possibility of hosting a playoff game at the he Big O. I would not place a large bet on this but, as the economists say ", there are some" beginning roots" showing in the field. Taking all of this into consideration and, looking at our financial position, I take it as highly unlikely that Popp will be looking for coaching changes this year.
Our strength is our defense which is composed of a group of excellent athletes. Our offense has been horrible to date. Our passing ability is very poor. AC has shown moments at times of rolling out and thereby creating his own passing space. He cannot stay in the pocket and throw but, must rise to the occasion and use his own motion to connect with receivers. The immersion of Ola and Matte into the offensive line has helped. If the offensive team can do a proper share of ball control and, be longer on the field, this will indeed create a better balance between offense and defense and, prevent a tired defense from the 4th quarter rout that we witnessed in the last game. The emergence of Whitaker is a game changer and, will help this process. I have read that Popp will be touring the NFL for talent but, I don't believe he will be able to find another QB ( AC is loosing his effectiveness ), most likely he will uncover a few gems for 2014. In summary, I don't anticipate coaching changes and this team will struggle through this season with their existing talent. If our offensive team group can step up somewhat, the fans might have the satisfaction of cheering them to a playoff position. The weakness of the East indicates this as a possibility. Next year we will have some coaching changes and, additional QB strength.

On a vu passer plusieurs prospects au poste de quart depuis 2009, mais nous avons présentement Neiswander et Marsh sous la main.

On voit plusieurs jeunes quarts émerger, dont certain semblent pouvoir avoir les dispositions qu'il faut pour émerger.

Je pense que Reilly est un de ceux-là. Par ailleurs, j'ai hâte de voir Collaros demain. Willy a bien paru. Nichols n'était pas mal, mais semble taxé du syndrôme Buck Pierce, tout comme Drew Tate.

Bo Levi Mitchell a connu une assez bonne partie aussi.

Ceci pour dire qu'il y a sûrement d'autres espoirs à révélation tardive qui pourraient se présenter à Popp dans un avenir plus ou moins rapproché. Seulement, voilà, il va falloir que nous, les supporteurs, réalisions que :

1. on ne trouve pas toujours la perle rare du premier coup;

2. même lorsqu'on la trouve, il peut prendre un certain avant que le talent prenne son envol;

3. les chance que le successeur de Calvillo soit du calibre qu'il aura été sont minces.

Une chose qui m'a frappée dans ces dernières années, c'est l'importance de la qualité du coordonnateur à l'attaque et de l'entraîneur des quarts-arrières. On n'a qu'à faire le tour des équipes des dernières années pour réaliser que l'influence des bons coordonnateurs a été plus importante que le talent brut des quarts-arrières eux-mêmes. Oui, pour un succès durable, il faut les deux, mais un bon coordonnateur peut faire plus avec un quart moyen qu'un mauvais coordonnateur peut faire avec un quart de premier plan.

Je dis donc que même si Popp découvre une perle dans sa quête actuelle, ce n'est pas Miller qui va nous révéler son vrai talent.