Punting rule question

Punting Rule Question

If a punter punts the ball within his own end zone and the ball is shanked out of bounds in flight at his own 10-yard line, is this a penalty?

I guess it would be plus just cut his useless butt.

:lol:

I believe half the distance to goal line is the penalty. Sure 50%

However how about this. A punter kicks ball into end zone which is caught by opposing team and is punted out of the
end zone but goes out on the 10 yard line with no time left. Is there no penalty?? A penalty with a additional play???

I believe half the distance to goal line is the penalty. Sure 50%

However how about this. A punter kicks ball into end zone which is caught by opposing team and is punted out of the
end zone but goes out on the 10 yard line with no time left. Is there no penalty?? A penalty with a additional play??

It should be a penalty. Once the punter kicks the ball they are a defensive unit and the game can't end on a defensive penalty.

The illegal kick (punt) out of bounds in-flight applies to "kicks from scrimmage", any other kicks during the play are "open field" kicks where no penalty applies for a punt going out of bounds.

Not quite true
A punt that goes directly out of bounds between the 20ies is a 10 yard penalty If it bounces then goes OOB there is no penality