Provincial Election

yea well, they’re going to be your govt on Nov 7th… so get used to it.

I dunno... I think the NDP will pull it out whether anybody likes it or not...

then if that's the case.

Saskatchewan will continue to slump and people will continue to leave the province! cause nobody wants to do business with the NDP govt.

...except that we are not slumping now, and people are actually beginning to return...

Speaking of NDP Governments, anyone want some Fast Ferries?

The Arrogant Worms can use them as a prop for their "Saskatchewan Pirates" song! :wink: :wink:

If the Sask Party becomes the next gov’t- I will strongly consider moving out of Saskatchewan.

Wow, talk about an uninformed statement.

And what exactly is it you mean by that?

I am one of the “natives” you speak of. Believe me, I pay taxes. I pay PST, I pay GST, I pay federal tax off my cheques.

You say we are all brainwashed, then you go off on a rant, that of which you really don’t know the context of.

He is dumb T, dont worry about it…

Agreed. And their proposed “Enterprise Saskatchewan? sounds eerily like Devine’s “Open for Business? back in the 80’s.

Take away the drought and the collapse of the farm economy at the start of the 80's and it is possible there may have been a different outcome with Devine in power. His problem was that he trusted too many people he shouldn't have. To put the SK party in the same category of the PC party would be the same as saying today's NDP are like Blakeny's NDP. Both are stupid uninformed comments.

What would happen if one of the NDP or Sask Party promised to help fund a new stadium... would that sway votes?

Agree BigU…lets put it into further perspective shall we.

Big difference is what Devine inherited during a recession - Oil, wheat, potash, uranium were depressed mostly over what Oil did to economies, he tried to instill growth, But instead overspent and nearly bankrupted the province without that mighty tax base, intent was good the method was brutal.

Now Flip forward to today…we have some of the highest prices ever on the 4 resources dear to Sask economy, NDP govt is awash in tax dollars.

Yet they are tripping over themselves laying claim to the recent boom…It was the World demand resurgence of these commodities that spurned a economic boom, ESPECIALLY OIL.

I have a small business… we did XXX amount of business before we got involved in the Oil sector… thats 2 years ago… we now have tripled those XXX dollars which in turn tripled our employees and tripled the amount of money we spend in Saskatoon… We are small potatoes.

Now attract 100 companies similar to ours…you are now greatly ensuring future economic growth.
People are returning to Saskatchewan becuase there is actually a shortage of tradeskills and were forced to leave in the first place because we lacked those jobs
Saskatoon boasts the highest growth rate of any city in Canada… I do not want the Alberta Boom & bust days. I want Sask to maintain and grow.

The NDP did a ok job… they dug us out debt but the province has been in stall mode ever since the CCF got into power until now. Blakeney ruled the 70’s because of a booming farming economy he was more like the Old CCF which appealed to farmers.

ITs a known fact that NDP supports unions over business, its there power base. They no longer have the Farm support. I have no problem with unions if they do not affect economic growth.

9 of the last 10 years have experienced negative population growth.
Why? No new Investment + No new Money + No new jobs = Migration to Alberta.

The Sask Party I think is more attractive to new business’s.

So Please stop the fear mongering, if the Sask party wins the Sky will not fall the Sun will rise.

Its time to give someone else a chance…

and please… if you want to disprove what I say… use something other than Chicken Little theories

I thought that was an Arius post, because of the length. Way to go Dentor!

Normally I don't get carried away, but really this is a none football issue and getting further out of control... it should be locked :slight_smile:

If there's one thing that I hate about Canadian Politics over the last 10 years, it is that we have invariably resorted to the Chicken Little Debate.

"Don't vote for Party X!! They'll RUIN the country!!!"

No, they won't. You know why? Because just like football temas, Political parties want to win all the time. Not only do political parties want to win one election, they want to win them all. They want to win this election, and the one after that, and the one after that, and the one after that... They are smart enough to know that if they screw things up badly, then they won't win the next election.

Now, back to football...

either way I just think that which arshole is gonna be best for sask. I have read the NDP and Sask party platforms and I must say Ive heard it all before from the NDP so im gonna give sask party a chance our roads sure couldnt get any worse hahaha

oh well. Sask Party Wins Nov 7th.. you heard it here.

You must have been captain of your debate team.

You don’t know how to reply to anything anybody says because you don’t know what you are talking about.

For you politics is a competition, you want victory. You know nothing other than the “we must conquer” attittude.

It is fools like you that are slowly destroying our society. You are an ignorant fool.

i’ve actually been trying to avoid most political topics, because if you think my football posts are long…
Anyway, I’ll try to be brief…

Dentor makes a few good points.
The world will not end if the Sask Party is elected.

But at the same time, they are ideologically driven, just like the NDP is.
So predicting performance based on those ideologies is fair game.
And ideologically, the Sask Party will look at selling off Crown Corporations, no matter what they say now.
The Sask Party will look at implementing more private health care, no matter what they say now.
It isn’t fear mongering, it is the ideological truth of the matter.

Blaming everything that went wrong in the 80s on Grant Devine is unfair. But they definately deserve much of the credit/blame.
But then so is blaming many of the things that occur on the NDP is unfair as well. Such as population decreases.
Grant Devine was not the brightest bulb in the room, but he meant well.
But we saw what can go wrong if your only mission is to push forward an ideological agenda.
The NDP are also ideologically driven, but frankly, the left wing agenda is generally more solid and sensible than the right wing agenda.
The Calvert government is old and tired.
We likely will get a Sask Party government.
And we will see.
As Sheep says, Machiavellian principles guide parties.
They don’t just want to win now, but they want to win the next election as well.
But just like in football, sometimes teams sell out the future to take a run today.
Devine did that.
Hopefully Wall will not.

But Machiavelli also says you do and say what you must in order to get elected.
So if people are skeptical of promises and assurances by the Sask Party, that seems reasonable.
Rather than fear mongering, it is “better the devil you know”.

Anyway, tired or not, the NDP have actually done a good job. I doubt any real change to the positive will come from a Sask Party government any more than anything real negative is likely.

All that said, vote Liberal.
I will be for the first time since the debacle with Linda Haverstock. They have some good candidates, and some good, common sense policies.
And they don’t have the baggage or the ideological certainty of either of the other two parties.
They won’t form government, but if given a beachhead in the Legislature, it will be a positive move for Saskatchewan politics.

Okay…so not brief…but by my standards…