Proud to like disco and the BeeGees

You can call out what you think is “crap” whenever you like. That’s totally fair. What’s not fair is criticizing others for what they don’t think is crap. That’s music snobbery.

...I’d agree with you there but only up to the line where that music portrays a message that is counterproductive to society...Someone who supports with their dollar music that glorifies murder, mistreatment of women, illegal drugs I think I have a pretty good idea about that person and my first impression isn’t probably going to be favourable...

...now to be fair, probably 10x the number of deaths have occurred in country and western songs than ever have in rap songs, but most of those were sad stories, or Justice ones...I suppose there were a few sheriff incidents though...ah hell, there goes my whole point...

1 Like

Soon I hope. The more I’m being tortured with rap, the more my personna becomes one of those irritating animals. Don’t even call that stuff music. Antongistic sounds is a better adjective for it.

1 Like

Disco KILLED good music. :grin:

Is this Rap?
Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues - YouTube

Bluesy Folk Music. It the rhyming couplets that make it sound rapish

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :-1: :-1: :-1: :-1: :-1:

:slight_smile:

Perhaps it’s just the “Stayin’ Alive” part you like?

It’s a genre known as spoken word song that goes back a long way and of which rap is but a part… but a BIG one now.

a few more parts as well like just these few

List of songs recorded by the Bee Gees - Wikipedia

Well I guess i am a music snob then. Funny how other people put down movies and restaurants and plays and books and sports and they are called critics… AND I can’t see where I put anyone down personally.

I cant seem to find it either

1 Like

100 Top 10 Hits Written by the Bee Gees

(Probably hitting the top 10 only if the chart was compiled at a Gibb household. :grin:)

Only had to be top 10 for one week … prolific song library

I think both Steve Dahl and Mike Veek are still alive, so if you want to settle the score…

well, I have a family now so got to stay out of trouble.

also, I am more mellow now and in really bad shape physically.

I have no passport and never will bother.

So I guess they are safe now :slight_smile:

1 Like

...send them a scathing letter...

no thanks, I am trying to quit :slight_smile:

Are you feeling guilty? Nobody said you did.