Prospect Central

Both look amazing and if they can adapt to the CFL field could be dangerous especially with Halls size and speed, has some excellent moves, i never thought i would say this but he reminds me of Milt alot. Franklin is still has good size and blazing speed. :rockin:

Well I wouldnt say that… but I do think we will have a very good group of recievers for Buck to throw to… a good offensive line to give him more time than he’s used to, and a crazy good run game doesnt hurt either.

agreed. if buck can stay healthy i think were looking at a bit of a switch from last season... i think that off the hop the offense will be the strong point and the D will be trying to catch up and gel...however i am excited to see what both sides of the ball can do and how fast they can gel....
im most excited for the fact that the guys we are bringing in are fresh and younger...if they can pull it together and have some success this season we could have a very solid team heading forward over the next few seasonas..

im glad were not recycling players anymore for the most part

i dunno about that. cant excpet a new offense to come in and click right away. gotta give it a few weeks. wonder if we start off 0-1 or 0-2 how many people will be calling for lapo's head. u know its gonna happen eventually.

i would think tho since the offense is based on timing and routes and all that stuff, it will take some time for them to come together. the defense tho should be able to gel right away aslong as they all do what they are supposed to do. defense is more 1 on 1 or u know.. u take this guy, ill take that guy, we gonna blitz the qb and boom. thats pretty straight forward.

gotta give buck and the 1 or 2 maybe 3 new receivers some time to gel and gotta give them some time to gel with the guys like edwards and bowman also. that doesnt happen over night. takes a while to learn a guys tendencies thats for sure.

patience people is the key.

definately agree here… I think the offence will come together and be one of the better offfences in the league… but its gonna take a few weeks…

However, I think the defence is not going to be super weak like other teams fans are trying to convince us its going to be… I think with the new LB’s we brought in, our LB’s will improve this season Despite losing Simpson and Shabaaz, how much remains to be seen…

Our secondary wont be as good as last year… but it will still be better than in 2007. I think once we get Hefny back(which will be sooner than most think) our secondary will still be in the top half of the league, and our front seven will definately be a huge asset in helping that.

Glover, and Craver will provide two solid DB’s on the field side… and we will have Jovon and Hefney to shut down the short side. Plus our ever improving Safety in Ian Logan, who will soon be an all star IMO.

not to mention Brandon Stewart… I cant find much on the guy, but you have to keep in mind that he was picked over Guys like ex NFL DB Ronyell Whitaker, and Calgary starting DB John Eubanks… also made guys like Kelly Malveaux(who was an all-star the year before) expendable.

We also have a couple of cast offs, as it were, from BC and Montreal in Donald Brown and Clint Kent… However, Kent really held his own and there was an article mentioning how well he did in Montreal’s TC. maybe Madjack or Disciplinandpush could give us a bit of a rundown on Kent? anyway they have experiance in the league… and what I am Trying to say, is that even though we lost Lenny Walls, we will still have a good secondary.

Also, I was going to move onto the Defence in this thread when I had more time… But Mike over on Ourbombers.com beat me to it… and I must say he did a super good job… Heres the link:

[url=http://ourbombers.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?p=370787#370787]http://ourbombers.com/messageboard/view ... 787#370787[/url]

be sure to watch Chris Kowalczuk's Highlight vid. looks darn good

Also more on Hinds, Hashem, all our new linebackers and Kenny Strickland and Terrance Jeffers-Harris

that shelton kid looks impressive on his youtube videos.

just gonna add, if u look close the qb throwing shelton the ball in most of the vids is.........adam dimichele. :slight_smile:

i dunno u know i dont want to hype these guys either but.... with that being said.. every one of these guys have a chance to make the roster and honestly, i think they will have some tough decisions to make.

the qb brink.. weak arm? dude was 38/47 for 469 yards and 5tds in that highlight video. i dunno.

i think im gonna go ahead and say the bombers are gonna be alot better than most people think.

gotta love the clint kent video highlights aswell......basically OWNING the bombers there lol.

…Travis Shelton looks like a nice find…that kid can move…very elusive as well…look-out for this guy

…One has to wonder why the Als. parted company with Clint Kent…he covered well and made some nice tackles…Looked to be a keeper for Mont…then again we might have been that bad and made him look awfully good… :roll: :lol:

or montreal were already set at the defensive back position? :slight_smile:

Considering how many vets were let go, you have to think some of these prospects must have looked pretty darn good.

Can't wait for camp.

Me either...my only caveat is that I was pretty darn excited at this time last year too! LOL

Here's to a better year!

im excited for the upcoming season too. was last year also. doesnt mean much just means really you're a true fan.

everyone should be excited about the coming season. :slight_smile:

dont see why being excited would be considered a bad thing.

Got to be honest, SaMario Houston doesnt really impress me all that much.

Clint Kent should be a pleasant suprise tho!

Chad Nkang and Rian Wallace are the two LB's im most excited about

A co-worker of mine is friends with Chris Ioannides (he's a WR from Queen's) and she told me that he signed with the Bombers. I've scoured the Internet trying to confirm this, but all I found was stuff about him signing with the Lions last year. So I come here (enemy territory, lol) to ask if anyone here has heard anything locally about this. Thanks.

He's not on the roster and I haven't seen anything in the papers yet. If he signed recently maybe the contract hasn't been filed yet. I'll post something if I see/hear anythig about him.

She told me on Friday (tho she said he was “drafted” which I know isn’t true) so I have no idea when he may have signed. Maybe he’s just a training camp body? If you (or anyone else) finds anything, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

I wouldn’t be the least surprised if they did sign him.

They picked up Guillaume Senecal in the supplemental draft, and this story makes it sound like they took two selections.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have selected Laval running back Guillaume Senecal as one of their two post-draft Canadians, sources tell the Winnipeg Sun.

Senecal had 26 carries for 180 yards for the Rouge et Or in 2009. The 6-foot, 200-pound tailback also had two catches for 31 yards and a kick return last fall.

[url=http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/football/2010/05/07/13874046.html]http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/footb ... 74046.html[/url]

Pigseye, do you know when the Sup. draft was held? I'm guessing it was Thursday based on the article. Also, that could be what she meant when she said he was "drafted by the Blue Bombers."

Senecal wasn't picked in the supplemental draft. He is one of the Bombers non-counters. Non-counters are draft picks and two additional players not selected in the current draft year.