Problems with TSNs new video player

Hi all,
I live in Sweden and have been following the CFL for 4-5 years now using different online services. The last two years I've watched the games in the TSN video player. This year there seems to be no pay to view service and the I just cant get the TSN Video Player to work. I've tried 7 different computers both at work and at home, installed, removed and reinstalled so many drivers for different things I think I'll puke.

The main problem is audio. The video lags behind audiobig time in all clips I watched in the new player. This is the same across different platforms and computers. I've contacted the tsn support but havent gotten any answer of any kind. I even wrote their webmaster as the FAQ for video player problems was missing. No answer.

With the season looming I'm becoming a bit desperate! Has anyone else had similar problems and were you able to fix them?
//Mattias

Sorry I can't help you, but someone should know. I'm curious. Are you Swedish and if so, how did you get attracted to the CFL ? What team do you cheer for and why ? Great that you're a fan !

Hey,
well long story but here goes.
I was an exchange student in the US in 94/95 and I played football while I was there. Fell in love with the strategies and the whole chess with muscles bit in gridiron football. When I came home to Sweden I watched NFL games off and on but I didnt think watching the game was as much fun as playing. When you're not on the sideline involved in the going on, all those long drives and such typical of the american variant became abit booring. It's like sitting around waiting for the next big, ortherwise cool, play. I lost interest in it and only caught a few games. In -05/-06 I was reading a forum where there was a threat about dropkicks(I played P/K) and in that thread someone made a comment about the crazy canadians where dropkicks in the open field during play, as in rugby, still is legal. Technically at least, even if no one actually does it. Intrigued I read up a bit on the differences and decided to check a CFL game out. There was a site back then where you could pay for online access to individual games. I bought one and was instantly in love! The "small" differences on paper makes for a completely different game. The boring parts of the american variant are just gone. I love the dynamics of how plays develop and the fact that it's a lot easier to follow what's going on.

As for a team. The site had an option to buy a full season all games, full season one team or just individual games. The "all season" was just too expensive. So was randomly buying games so I opted to buy the one team option. But I had of course to select one. At the time I didnt know all that much about Canada. Well, there's a tower in Toronto, there are french speaking people in Quebec, John Candy was a funny huy(rip) but that was about it. I had followed DeGrassi street while growing up, i was in the right age to follow it from start to finish(It aired in Sweden a few years after it aired in canada) but that had little bearing on team. Anyhow, in the middle of this I was online flirting with this girl who I new was from Canada. So I asked her were in canada she was from. She was from Regina, Saskatchewan. A town that rimes with vagina and in a province who's name was near impossible to figure out how it should be pronounced. Saskatchewan was on the list of team names and the team there were even based in Regina so I chose them for the team option to buy. Green ever since and haven't regretted it. Apart from a chair I really liked that "died" at the end of the 2009 Grey Cup.

Anyways, for the last few years it's been free to watch the online games on TSN so I've followed the riders and have tried to watch a few more games every week. It's really frustrating that a ridiculous video player is keeping me from watching the games and that TSN seems not to care at all.

Well, it was a long story... :slight_smile:
//Mattias

We like to say it rhymes with FUN :smiley:

[b]morphriz wrote:

When I came home to Sweden I watched NFL games off and on but I didnt think watching the game was as much fun as playing.

When you're not on the sideline involved in the going on, all those long drives and such typical of the american variant became abit booring. It's like sitting around waiting for the next big, ortherwise cool, play. I lost interest in it and only caught a few games.
In -05/-06 I was reading a forum where there was a thread about dropkicks(I played P/K) and in that thread someone made a comment about the crazy canadians where dropkicks in the open field during play, as in rugby, still is legal.
Technically at least, even if no one actually does it. Intrigued I read up a bit on the differences and decided to check a CFL game out. There was a site back then where you could pay for online access to individual games. I bought one and was instantly in love!
The "small" differences on paper makes for a completely different game. The boring parts of the american variant are just gone. I love the dynamics of how plays develop and the fact that it's a lot easier to follow what's going on.[/b]

always a pleasure to hear of fans abroad who follow the game Mattias.

There should be a few posters here who may be able to help you regarding viewing CFL games online, as I have only watched on TSN cable.

Anyone know if this is a credible site for CFL webcasts?

http://www.footballwebcasts.net/cfl.php

*and I fully agree, with unashamed bias, that the CFL is much more a dynamic game than the NFL. :cowboy:

Great story Mattias. Thanks for sharing it. Good to see someone who watched the NFL and then saw the CFL and became a fan. I hope you solve your problem because the Riders are playing their first preseason game right now. Hope to hear more from you. Cheers.

First off - Welcome to the forum, and also mad props for your choice in teams :smiley:

As for the player issue. It looks like TSNs player is flash based, so my first suggestion would be to re-install or update your Adobe Flashplayer. You could also try downloading a slightly older version of Flashplayer to see if that resolves the issue. What browser are you using?

I been having problems with lag on the video player (all my video software is up to date) since last september... getting a good recording of the grey cup game (or any of the games now) is impossible (even for tsn it seems, Toronto Season tickets holders got a dvd of the game as their seasons gift and it is plagued by this problem from the 4th quarter to the end of the awards ceremony... the most important parts IMO).

Funny you should post this. Just this morning I went to the TSN on demand for the first time this season to see preseason highlights. The player does not work. The ADS work great but then the actual piece you want to watch just sit there and load forever. You see nothing.

I guess the new player doesn't work.

I never got why people think that REgina rhymes with VAgina (we can say vagina on here, right?) They don't rhyme if you say them correctly. A few years ago a roommate and I got into a disagreement when Rick Mercer did a bit on his show about going to a CFL game and he went to a Riders game and he introduced the segment by saying "I'm in the city that rhymes with fun." She said the joke was because it rhymed with vagina and I said that was silly because they don't rhyme and they joke is that everybody says Regina is boring and he's playing on that stereotype. I guess it turns out she was right?

Anyway, on to the problem at hand. I've never watched the PPV videos on TSN before but I've watched the VOD (video on demand) videos if I've missed a game. Have you tried that?

[url=http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=cfl-gamesondemand/latest/1/0/127339]http://video.tsn.ca/?dl=cfl-gamesondema ... 1/0/127339[/url]

I don't know how things are outside of Canada with TSN videos (restrictions and such) but this player has always worked for me within Canada.

You can also be sneaky and try http://www.firstrow1.eu/ or http://myp2p.ec/. They are streaming sites where you can get all sorts of sports. The videos are often crap quality but they're free. (You can even get the UFC PPVs on them.)

The downside of those sites is that sometimes the CFL streams aren't listed and often when they are listed they don't work. (You also have to click close on a bunch of ads to get to the player and the ads always cause a window to open.

Justin.tv is also a site where you can usually find the games being streamed if you search CFL or search the team names. But Justin.tv has really been cracking down on sports event streaming the last coupla years.

Hope one of these options works for you.

And it rocks that you're a Rider fan! Awesome! When I lived in Australia for a year, I went into a bank to open an account and the guy behind the counter was a Rider fan. Knocked me for a loop to hear that! And it's funny that a vagina made you cheer for the Riders. They're what really rules the world, I swear.

Like I said above, this does not work. Oh, the ADS work, :roll: but not the content.

I just clicked your link to confirm that my previous experience was correct. I was just subjected to a mind-numbing IQ lowering Gilette ad and as we speak my 'video will (STILL) begin shortly'.

Broken. Not working. Kaput!

Can't even watch highlights, interviews, nada.

Player works fine. It's your connection or equipment that's faulty or possibly out of date. I'm not really much of a computer guy so I don't know the ins and outs of what you could do to make it work.

Try a different browser maybe. Or try a different computer if you can.

The TSN videos work fine for me. If you right click on the video, what version of flashplayer does it show you? I've got 11.7.700.224

Hi Morph

I have the same issues with the player here in Bangkok. It looks like they've downgraded the software within Flash since it's just ridiculously choppy. In previous years, I was able to watch each game without a hitch on the same bandwidth I have now. Now? It just stutters and stops and has ever since the 'upgrade'. I can watch NHL GameCentre Live in high definition but I can't watch more than 30 seconds or so on the TSN player without it stalling.

One 'solution' I've found is watching on my iPad. Since the iPad doesn't support Flash, the iPad version of the TSN player uses Quicktime which has a much better buffering mechanism.

I just wish the CFL had some equivalent to NHL GameCentre Live for those of us living overseas! I'd pay at least $100 a year for it if it was reliable.

Sites like this are scams. Also, if it tells you that you need to d/l their player, in general, run! NEVER CLICK THAT

If it is a site that auto starts some d/l, stop it, proceed immediately to an antivirus scan.

Here is but a sampling of scam sites:

best-tv-reviews.com
central-football.info
central-nfl.info
directsatellitepc.com
downloadweb.org
dtvforpc.net
easytvsoft.com
football.livetv.com.es
football-center.info
football-time.info
footballoncbs.info