Problem for CFL: Brandon Isaac

I do not know if anyone will see it this way but Isaacs latest Helmet to helmet Hit on Duant was actually Isaacs facemask to Helmet hit. He was standind stright up when he made the hit but kept his head up to see Durant while making the Hgh tackle thus it was a face mast to helmet hit along with en entire body to body hit on Durant this is what may be leading to the confusion in interpreting the rule by different officials. This is an interpretaion of the rule that will have to be discussed with the officials to make sure that everyone is on the same page while interpreting the rule.

A stellar observation,Steve...

In actuality,a perfect tackle by leading with the front of the helmet...Exactly how one is taught to do...

Thats what I thought a text book tackle even if there helmets collided it was not spearing as Isaac kept his head up. The high hit also kept Durant from getting the ball out of his hands as Isaac wrapped Durants arms keeping him from unloading the ball to avoid a sack. Helmets will hit as long as the tackler is not leading with his helmet and head down then the force of the blow was to the body not to Durants Helmet.
Just my view of the situation and how the impact of the hit was not to Durants helmet but just pumped during the follow through of the tackle.
The rules comittee as I said will have to provide a more clear interpretation of the rule

When you are talking about quarterbacks, it is not a simple question of whether or not it is “spearing”. There are separate additional rules to protect the quarterback.

Can’t find a free PDF of the 2012 rulebook, but from the 2011 rulebook:

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/uploads/assets/CFL/PDF_Docs/CFL_Rule_Book_2011.pdf]www.cfl.ca/uploads/assets/CFL/PDF_Docs/ ... k_2011.pdf[/url]

Emphasis in bold below is mine.

Rule 7, Section 2, Article 4 - Roughing The Passer

[b]Because the act of passing puts the passer in a particularly vulnerable position to injury, special rules against roughing the passer apply.[/b] Once the ball is released, defensive players must avoid all unnecessary contact with the passer. A player shall be penalized for any act of Unnecessary Roughness to the passer, including but not limited to: (a) Contacting the passer in an unnecessary manner, including stuffing him to the ground, violently throwing him to the ground, and landing on him with most of the defender’s weight, [b](b) Any blow above the passer’s shoulder,[/b] (c) All rushing defenders must attempt to avoid forcibly hitting a passer in the pocket, at or below the knees, either if their path to the passer was unrestricted, or if they are coming off a blocker, (d) Attacking the passer who, after releasing the ball, is either standing still or fading backwards and is obviously out of the play and remains out of the play, (e) When the quarterback slides feet first, all unnecessary contact must be avoided. The slide must be done in a timely manner to allow the defence to avoid such contact. [b](f) Contacting the passer if either the initial source of contact, or primary source of contact, is the defender’s helmet.
[/b]

Doesn't matter if it's 2011 or 2012...

It's all overzealous protection of Qb's...And it's changing the game for the worse...

No matter which way they choose to go about it they need to make this a point of emphasis for the interpretation of the rule so that every official has a consitant interpretation on how it should be called. I can see why it could have been called and i can also see how it was not called.

:thup: