while you stir this news[?] out of Hamilton into the pot

....Not!!!

Ken 'goosebumps' Peters

Hamilton Spectator

http://catchat.thespec.com

Ken says

"[i]A win [also] sets up Richie Williams
as the bona fide Hamilton starter.

C. Printers didn't even make the trip out here.

As poster Joe states correctly,

Printers' $500,000 salary is guaranteed
for the rest of the season

if he makes it past game nine.

That seems to be Printers' main priority at this point.

Otherwise, I think he would be here,
at least dressed and on the sidelines.'[/i]

You didn't see him grasp his thumb in pain
after firing a hard pass after practice

when the coach wasn't watching, did you Ken?

Your theory of Casey faking an injury
to make his contract binding

is full of holes anyways, Ken.

I hope the goosebumps you get
thinking about Casey being cut

before the Labour Day game

aren't getting goosebumps on them

because you think his contract

won't be guaranteed in full
for the rest of the season.

The Ticats can cut him now anyways,

they just have to pay the medical bills
for the injury he got while on the team.

Look it up.

I am sure they ask him to take a Pay Cut 1st
But I Can't see this being True..
The BC Media is Still Not Please with Printers.

:)

Hmmmm, doesn't seem like just the BC Media, Ken Peters (Who I know nothing about) makes reference in his column about the Guarantee salary angle.

Why isn't Casey going to Winnipeg? As we have been "Trashing" Joe Smoth for not being a team player by staying home and not even watching the games,why didn't Printers make th trip to the Peg?

My opinion they aquired him paid him well to be there! I would not think that they would bale on him so quick! at least wait till the end of the season! but in the CFL you really never know! I know printers caused what ultimately contributed to a blow out season due to the QB Gong Show! I hoped he would have found his groove by now but....something exists with printers that is below the surface of what we can see!???????????

LOL considering he has a cushion (going over) LOL.

Hamilton is sure unlucky in signing star quarterbacks. Previously, Maas surprisingly underperformed for years and Printers might be next? After investing so much in quarterbacks, Hamilton is naturally reluctant to let them go. But this time may be different because Hamilton seems to have an adequate replacement in Williams and the big money saved is strong incentive. Oddly, Winnipeg (with former MVP finalist Glenn) is a desperate team and frontrunner. Surrounded by superior personnel, Printers should play better. Toronto has too much invested in Joseph and Bishop to change quarterbacks. If salary demand is lower, perhaps BC might give Printers another chance because he overachieved at BC?

Knowing the Cats luck, they would cut Printers and then Williams would slip in the bathtub and be injured for the rest of the season. Then what, Porter, Timmy?

I say keep Printers and reevaluate at the end of the season.

http://tigercatatonia.blogspot.com/

Well it is interesting....Bombers sit Glenn and out comes Dinwiddie and he beats a team tied for last in the west. He is proclaimed the next football god by fans and media. He stinks up the next game. Then they are back to Glenn.

Lets see how good Williams is this weekend before they write off Printers.

Williams Cant win every game !! but printers is just to much of a crybaby ?? it seems., earlier in the season i saw Cavilo Dislocate his finger, he was back in the next series, imho Cut printers and get some help on O line and d line Ti Cats.

the finger that calvillo dislocated was on his non-throwing hand.

Printers’ injured thumb is on his throwing hand.

big difference there.

If he was emo, then he'd cut himself.

:rockin:

I don't know why everyone keeps saying BC fans are bitter about the way Printers left. It's not true. Most BC fans were glad he left, and took his attitude with him.

In case you all forgot, we won the cup that year, so it's not like we were missing him in any way.

can i get a synopsis of what happened?

..I wonder if the Cats are stumbling all over themselves to cut Casey ,after watching Williams so-so performance in the Peg.. The only thing going for this Printers rumour is the money situation...and if looked at in those terms, could make sense...The Cats could bring in some much needed help, for the dough they're kicking-out for Casey?????..

His attitude started to show up at the end of 2004, his MOP season. He got hurt in the west final and Buono chose to start Dickenson in the Grey Cup, which was the right decision imo, since Printers was not 100%. We lost the Grey Cup game, and Printers started to publically question how he was being utilised.

2005, Dickenson won the starting job at camp. More whining from Printers. We started 11-0 under Dave, and when he got hurt and Printers took over we lost 6 of our last 7 games. He basically whined the whole year, creating a huge QB controversy here in BC. The questions was, give the young gun his shot, and hope he settles down and returns to his 2004 glory, or stick with an aging, but far more effective Dickenson.

Buono obviously thought Printers was the way to go because we offered him a 3 year deal worth 1.2 mil at the end of the 2005 season. Way too much imo, considering he was down with shoulder and toe injuries for most of the season, and when he did play he didn’t look that great. Stats were 131 of 216 pass attempts for 1671 yards, 9 touchdowns and 6 interceptions, with 336 yards rushing and 2 rushing TDs.

He didn’t think that was enough, so he left to take his kick at the NFL can. We went on to win the Cup that year. He was supposed to compete for the Chiefs starting position, but his play in the pre-season games was just like he did here in 2005, not great. 12 of 23 pass attempts for 109 yards with one interception and rushed 5 times for 20 yards.

He was cut before ths season started, and accepted a position on the practice squad. Later that year he was promted to the regular roster, but he never saw any action in a regular season game. They cut him for good in Sept 2007. He then came crawling back to the CFL where he continues to alternate between being hurt and playing mediocre football.

If you look at how it all played out, BC fans have nothing to be bitter about. The only reason BC sports radio talks about him is because he once played here, and they need to fill air time.

...very good synopsis Retrievil...the million dollar question right now is....Do the Cats cut him or let him play-out the year....Something only Obie knows....O'Billovich certainly knows Casey as he was in B.C. during Printers tenure there...I'm sure curious about which way he's gonna call it??????

You have to let him play until the end of the year and then make an evaluation.
Maybe he comes out of this funk and plays like he did in BC.
Regardless, it sounds like from the last interview I saw on CH in Hamilton how Taffe will be starting Casey against the Argos. Williams can always come off the bench.

If it's true that he won't get paid if he gets cut past game 9, I would cut him. Hell, I would never have paid him the money they did in the first place.

You have to look at his performance post 2004.

He had all the same elements here in 2005 as 2004 and he was mediocre at best. Redgardless of his 'chicken salad out of chicken poop' comment about the Chiefs, he had plenty of talent backing him up there, and he could not get anything done. Hamilton may not have the best recieving corps, or o-line in the league but still, he has done nothing for them.

My opinion is that the guy is done. What happened to him I don't know, but he doesn't have the magic he did in 2004 anymore. I don't know if it's attitude, or his injuries have altered his play style or what, but he just doesn't have the game he once did.

Printers received a very substantial signing bonus last year, which was a large portion of his contract for this season…in other words, the money is mostly already spent and cutting him now will just make the Ti-Cats look stupid and not really save that much money.

Contrary to the popular opionion, I think Printers has played pretty well this year, and was “great” in one game so far. But the media keeps harping on his “no touchdown passes” stat, which makes him look bad…But consider that Printers scored 4 rushing tds in the first few games, plus his running back was scoring multiple majors from 40 and 50 yds out…the Cats offence was scoring plenty of points with Casey at bat, so there was little need to risk passing for TD’s.

Printers just ain’t that bad and I would take him over M. Crandell as my starter…And I would put him at least on par with K. Glenn, K. Joseph or J. Jackson. Printers is still quite young and has more upside than those QB’s. He still could become a dominating QB in this league if he stays healthy.

He is also not the highest-paid player in the league as the media has claimed. Ricky Ray’s new deal has superceded Printers contract and I beleive A. Cavillo has a clause in his deal which automatically increases his salary to insure he is among the highest-paid QB’s in the league…which also would probably be more than Printers reported $450k deal, which includes his signing bonus and maximum performance bonuses.

Ricky Ray’s old deal included a $250,000 signing bonus plus a $400k salary over 4 years, which worked out to $460k per season. That was his base salary. It was reported that Ricky’s performance bonuses were on top of that amount. We should assume that Ricky’s newly-signed contract extention provided for a reasonable salary increase, despite the team’s mediocre performance.

I don’t think Hamilton would be better off without Printers this season. I doubt he is a cancer on the team. He just wants to we’in, real real bad, and has put too much pressure on himself to be the saviour and leader of the team, rather than just be a cog in the wheel.

hamilton should just cut him, the cfl teams are stupid to throw so much money at QBs, if oyu have a solid run game and a lights out defence, there is no reason to spend a majority of your cap on QBs, the riders are proving it, the riders are winning games with QBs that would be gym teachers or delivery drivers if the cfl never existed. Casey Printers is just a one year wonder, he is the cfl's version of timmy smith and ickey woods. nothing more than a circus act. With richie williams the ticats should design a run heavy offense, with a short passing game, that allows him to make mobile throws, move the pocket, and use his athleticism to rush for yards, in all honesty the ticats should probably only sign athletic mobile QBs that fit into system, instead of wasting 500K on a nfl reject.

on a side note, if printers couldn't even make KC's rosterm then how good is he? Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard are garbage. Also 31 other teams passed him over.