Printers To Attend Bombers' Mini-Camp

If they do take Casey I am sure Mr. Milt “perfect” Stegall will come out of retirement to get that GC ring.

Prechae is very raw, you are right. In the last third of the season he was hitting his stride and getting better at doing something after the catch rather than just being a “jump ball” guy. I expect him to continue to improve this season. For having such little in football experience anywhere he was great but still has a lot to learn. I’m sure he will. The other receivers were also young and inexperienced in the Canadian game especially and when the play broke down it was a train wreck. Hopefully that will be ironed out in training camp. I’m still sceptical about the receivers this year because it’s pretty much the same group besides a couple of signings which weren’t exactly block busters, but maybe the continuity will count for something.

I’ll give you that one. Jason Goss said the reason he was able to pick off those four passes that one game last year was because of this. He had watched the film and he knew Casey’s patterns. He was jumping the routes all day.

I still think Casey can do some damage with an experienced receiving corps. I think our guys will come along and there are a couple bright ones obviously. I just think they were definitely not ready to improvise last year. Winnipeg still has some dangerous receivers even without MIlt, so it should be interesting if Casey ends up playing there.

.....papers are reporting today that Kelly is 'soft-shoeing' around any Bomber interest in Casey....When a coach does that...it usually means 'somethings up'....Ya just never know sometimes with Kelly....he's certainly proving out to be ' not your run of the mill' type coaches....We''ll have to wait and see where this one takes us...
A team meeting to discuss 'finances' was held last night.....this thing could come down to money....anyones guess right now.. :roll: :roll:

papa put yourself in Bauer’s or Kelly’s shoes…it’s your decision to make; would you invite Printers and give him a look-see?

On balance, I think I probably would, just to see if there’s something there…

You guys dont understand the circumstances, casey printers is only coming in like just another prospect off the streets and will have to compete for the job.

With a good receiving corp, and a firmiliar running back in joe smith and fred reid i think he could have the tools to compete well in the league once again.

...And about kelly, i dont know why people are so quick to judge him, he has made some great moves for canadian talent and the season hasnt even started yet.

1. Oh I think we do, clearly, understand the circumstances; no one has suggested signing Printers to a contract and annointing him as the starter......the question is do you bring him to this camp and let him try out?

2. Printers will not be familiar with Joe Smith...........Smith didn't arrive in BC until after Printers had left, I seem to recall.

3. Quick to judge Kelly? No, I don't think so. All I have done in various posts is to point out some bonehead things he has done. From trashing Taman to blowing his chances of getting something of value for Glenn, to this latest kafuffle. That said, he's done some good things, and first thing on my list would be the trade to get Shabazz..........that was a real steal. Judging time won't come until the season, and where is neck is out a mile is with respect to starting QB. If LeFors can't get the job done, Kelly will come in for a lot of criticism (and, conversely, praise if LeFors lights it up).

The biggest problem with Printers.....is Printers, himself.
Profootball is a team sport. But in Printers world.....it's all about him, and nothing else.
Unless he is able to deflate that part of himself...that started to surface, back in his collage days....
Who would seriously want any part of this guy.
Not many.....if any.
Bringing him to Steeltown, was a very...very...big mistake.
And I'm glad that horror show, is over.

Cheers.

…I think you’d be doing yourself a disservice if you didn’t give Printers a ‘look’…Certainly i would want to examine the merchandise before i kick-out a bunch of cash…Kelly is taking the wise route here…I would want to see if the Casey Printers of old was still there…and not a guy whose self-confidence has been destroyed or has lost all of the tools that everyone knew he possessed…at least at one time :roll: :roll: I think Caseys approach has to change as well…There doesn’t seem to be a huge demand for his services as of now…and the Bombers may be the only one’s who’ll take a chance on him…It’s a tough call… However like someone said…IT doesn’t cost anything to look…

:roll:

Unless you were in the change room all season with him, how can you know this? Because some hack writers say that it is so? How can they know? Do you believe everything that you read on the internet or in print? I have never heard a teammate say anything bad about Printers publicly. Some have said that there was a split in the dressing room in BC but that MAY have had nothing to do with the personalities and all to do with who thought what QB should start. Printers’ fault? I’m not so sure. From what I saw, on TV and at the games, the guy played his heart out and left it all on the field, EVERY game. THAT is playing for your team.

I wasn't in the Ticat locker room, but you are out of your mind if you think Printers played his heart out for Hamilton. His successive series of "injuries" that kept him out of many starts tells me that he is gutless and doesn't care about for his teammates if it means playing with pain.

printers and joe smith ..hmmm ricky ray and lumdsen hmmm ... in a perfect world these combos seem very dangerous.

Definitely has skills...size, a good arm and running ability, but definitely not a team player.
What's your opinion of Kevin Glenn from a Winnipeg fan's perspective?

…Kevin Glenn never quite got the respect he deserved…always fell a little short of the no. 1 status …BUT his play was ‘competent’ in my book…His best year was when he got the Bombers to the Cup game…He could make you feel that he was the answer at the pivot spot…then he’d commit a bunch of stupid errors (mostly badly thrown balls that were intercepted at crucial times) to the point where you wanted his scalp…Very frustrating at times …Recently ,injuries have added to his woes…His mobility is restricted …BUT he does possess the ability to astound the hell out of you by coming up with some terrific plays and execution (not enough of those)…The last- second play to Stegall, when he put the ball right on the money, to beat the esks., was a great example …I think if the Cats are patient with him (patience ran out in the Peg) and he can regain some of his old form…you’ll have a good qb. to look to, in tight situations…He does have a lot of experience… :expressionless:

So papa have you heard any news as to whether Printers is, or is not, going to be in attendance at this session?

…apparently we sent Casey a ticket…Kelly says …in a coy kinda way…that he ‘could’ be interested and he’d be foolish not to have a look at Printers…Where this one goes from here is anyones guess…My feeling … First of all…Printers will have to show-up at Kellys camp …brandishing the type of attitude that would meet Kellys expectations…Secondly …he’ll have to show he can still execute at a high level (that’s not automatic after witnessing some of his play of last year) Thirdly…can the Bombers come up with enough cash to keep everyone happy…ALL IN ALL…Printers signing in the Peg is still a long-shot… :roll:

See , this is were I have a bit of a problem . on 1 hand I’m perfectly happy to go with 1 of our 2 young guys( lefors or din ) I do think one of them , maybe both will step up . BUT , on the other hand , I would also be curious to see what printers could do with some of our recievers ( bryant , armstrong , edwaeds , etc etc ) . just dont know if printers is worth the effort . chow .

It looks as though Mike Kelly has chosen to go with mobile, roll-out style quarterbacks in LeFors, Dinwiddie and Randall. Printers has mobility and he probably suits the roll-out style better than Kevin Glenn. Printers has a stronger arm than LeFors, Dinwiddie or Randall but he has been having trouble reading CFL defences quickly and accurately. His on-field confidence has diminished and his play has become tentative. His recent spate of injuries over the past two years and the real or imagined locker room issues may have also played a role. Time will tell whether he can ever regain the CFL stature he had five years ago but he is worth a look.