Printers Returning to CFL : talks with Argos and Ticats

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=217498&hubname=cfl

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060822/printers_57306.jpg

According to CKNW in Vancouver, Printers did not accept a practice roster spot with the Kansas City Chiefs after clearing waivers Sunday. The Chiefs cut the DeSoto, Texas, native on Friday and told him that there would be an offer coming to stay on the practice squad but it couldn't formally be made until today.

CKNW is saying that the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Toronto Argonauts have both contacted the Printers camp in the past 24-hours and the Ticats are prepared to make a serious offer for his services.

There were other NFL teams that expressed interest in him prior to the cut down date, including the Arizona Cardinals, but any team that brought him in at this stage would have to put him on the active roster.

Printers was also cut by the Chiefs last year but was later placed on their practice roster.

His last played in the CFL with the Lions in 2005. His best season came in 2004 when he threw for 5,088 yards and 35 touchdowns while completing 65.8 per cent of his passes. Printers also rushed for 469 yards and nine touchdowns that season.

All this says his CFL teams made a call. How do you get "returning to CFL" and "contract talks" out of that?

It's reasonable to assume he still wants to play football, so I suppose the Argos and Ti-Cats didn't actually call him up to discuss the weather.

....i bet Popp is pondering this one....and checking his chequing account as well....IF the Cats are successful in landing Casey...i hope they cut Chang....he'd look very good in BluenGold...and he'd actually have a receiving corps to throw to as a solid back-up to Glenn....welllllll i can sure dream can't i........heh heh... :lol:

...just confirmed on cbc....Cats are in serious negs. with Printers....hmmmmm i wonder how much they're gonna kick out for him..... you can bet it'll be BIG dollars to sign him..... :wink: :roll:

i pretty much took the headline from the tsn page.

imo Hamilton needs him more and i hope he can sign with Hamilton and get that team moving. Its all hamilton needs right now.

Hamilton definitely needs him more. Toronto is set with Bishop and Butler. And I think Chang is going to be a flop... Sign Printers. Move Maas to back-up.

....Chang should be cut immediately.... :wink:

Hamilton needs more than just a starting QB.

Just got back and like I have been saying for a while, we have our QB who will lead us to the GC, its the Cats who need one among other missing holes to fill.

sprotsnet’s ticker is reporting that Printers has denied being interested in returning to the CFL

Exactly.

Let him try out for Atlanta then... :stuck_out_tongue:

Timmy Chang > Jason Mass... all he needs is a Competitive team to play for and some seasoning.

Lets hope Hamilton gets Printers...or anywhere but Toronto

I was gonna say almost the exact same thing Dentor.

Bob Young needs to get creative and get Printers signed. Work in some marketing money or something considering the SMS. He would bring instant credibility to the franchise and a playoff spot this year is not impossible.

The Ti-Cat Defence is playing well enough to win. They just need their offence to be more consistent and score some points. And that all starts with the QB.

sounds like the same thing people were sayin when the ticats brought in jason maas.

DG, great sig!

Playoff out of reach. Just winning a couple games would be cause for celebration in Hamilton right now.