Printers released

Argos not interested:

[url=http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/cfl/argos/article/875032--argonauts-not-interested-in-casey-printers]http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/ ... y-printers[/url]

LaPolice also told the WPG media yesterday, that he's not inerested.

Can you really believe that article?
He says they are happy with there qb's :roll:

I think it wouldn't be a stretch to intepret "were happy with the qb's we have" as they'd rather stick with what they've got then bring in Mr. finger pointer to a locker room. He could have went pretty far in this league if he would have just shown some sense of 'team'. Printers pro career could very well be done due strictly to a crappy attitude.

[url=http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Francis/2008/07/17/6184211-sun.html]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Columnists/Fr ... 1-sun.html[/url]

An older article but it doesn't seem much has changed.

Because he can't scramble anymore, when he was MVP he would throw a loop into everyone game plan with his happy feet.
I bet you he also was Toxic in the locker room blaming everybody but himself for the Lions troubles. :thdn:

AAFL could be your last shot MR Printers :lol: :thdn:

[quote="cats99"
I bet you he also was Toxic in the locker room blaming everybody but himself for the Lions troubles. :thdn:
[/quote]
actually I don't think he was...
a lot of the lions were interviewed after he was released and they seemed sad to see him go. everyone thinks printers is some evil guy but honestly the guy just wants to win.

[quote author="Makaveli"]

actually I don't think he was...
a lot of the lions were interviewed after he was released and they seemed sad to see him go. everyone thinks printers is some evil guy but honestly the guy just wants to win.

He was toxic in Hamilton that's for sure. I think what players say on the record is just lip service what they say off the record is what the y really think. Drew Edwards reported yesterday that off the record a Ti-Cat player called him a giant d but the same player said all the right things on the record.

I didn't get the feeling that a lot of players were sad to see him go. I heard what Angus Reid said (man that guy has something to say about EVERYTHING) and he didn't seem sad at all. He was actually quite ticked off that Printers would act that way. I'm sorry Casey is such a jerk. I have no problem at all with wanting to win, but he acted like an idiot again. If you have something to say to a player you say it in private. Absolutely right that he is the anti-Danny Mac. More along the lines of a Craig Yeast response "It wasn't me". Would it be ok for his receivers to finger point at him for all the times he has hung them out to dry? I don't think so.

8) Casey......A one year wonder headcase !!!

That is hilarious. I'd love to know who that was...

I often defended Casey when people claimed he was a bad team mate. I just felt that there wasn't enough proof and that all that talk was generated by the media who were gloming on to a rumour and blowing things out of proportion to make a story. After seeing his reaction after that last game and hearing that he was released for the after game stuff in the locker room, I was clearly dead wrong. Too bad; so much potential wasted with the wrong attitude.

I actually did too. Kind of stinks, but I guess a leopard can’t change his spots.

We could make up quite a list of players who fall into that particular category. . . all the talent in the world, but their career goes nowhere because their head isn't screwed on right. . . Printers wasn't the first, and, sadly, I doubt he'll be the last either.

But it's a good thing the Tiger changed his stripes to become a Lion.

Buono gave him an amazing opportunity and he just didn`t come through. Casey needs to go away and look at a new profession and I would recommend on that does not demand any Running, Talking or Leading.

http://www.caseyprintersinc.com/home.html

From today's Nat'l Post. Printers was an ass and had to go.

An Argo-Cat fan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

By Cam Cole

VANCOUVER — The old saw says that if you cut off the head of the snake, the body will die.

B.C. Lions general manager Wally Buono insists that scaring the daylights out of the other me-first authors of Monday’s colossal collapse in Winnipeg was not what was behind his shocking decision Wednesday to lop off the head of quarterback Casey Printers, four weeks from the end of the season. He says his release of the much ballyhooed 29-year-old, who had been backing up Travis Lulay of late, wasn’t any kind of warning, and if we think it was, we’re missing the point.

Who cares.
I wish we had his $500,000/yr salary back. Then maybe the Bobster wouldn't be crying about his million dollar losses so much after the 3 years we put up with the 3-15, 3-15, and 4-15 seasons. Did I mention Kenton Keith?.... or how much the costs of the Jarvis St. address has improved the team?
McHattie and Merulla got it right! $30 million to make Ivor Wynne structurally sound for the next 45 years plus. That's only 60 Casey Printers a year...... that would take care of the stadium issue for the next 45 years paid up front withouth inflation and at last year's costs.

Yes, that's what I said.
The cost to make Ivor Wynne Stadium structurally sound for the next 45 years plus is equal to the amount Bob paid Printers times 60. Or we could saddle the taxpayers of this great city and province with Printer's Tiger-Cat salary times 300 which is what Scott Mitchell/Bobster and the Pan-Am Committee want you to buy into.
Then we get the BMO metal-type, bare-bones structure. We already have a bare-bones structure but at least the engineers have shown it could support 78 more private boxes, etc and last another 45 years plus. We could have a Super-Property with the incorporation of Scott Park and Brian Timmis into a Sports Complex/Entertainment/Hall of Fame district (Scott Park could be the recreation centre to accommodate much of East Hamilton, including gyms, a skating rink etc.)
But, of course nobody on this Council besides Merulla would actually get the logistics and economics of this.

Oh Ya, Sorry Casey it was all Bob Youngs fault.
How can you possibly fault the Caretaker for Caseys' crappy attitude? YEEEESH!! :roll:

You think all this is doable without $102 million from
the senior governments and the Hamilton Future Fund?

I don't believe you get the economics
of the big project you are proposing

but your man Merulla certainly would, synthcat,
he would turn it down in a New York minute.