Printers May Start For Lions This Weekend

I'll be interested to see how he does. I'm not sure about "we never should've let him go" even if he does do well in BC. The Cats chose to go a different route and I think it was a salary cap thing. They knew they paid a little too much in a desperate time but they needed to go another direction. It may have been the right direction at the time. Bruce came with a big salary and I don't know if we would've been able to pick him up during the season if we still had Printers. I wish him luck except if we meet him in the playoffs!

At one time I was disgruntled how we bailed on him but I am over that now. I think Glenn is coming into form and will be a fine QB for us down the stretch.

Well, keep in mind that close to a quarter of Bruce’s $170K salary was paid by Toronto and Keith’s two stints on the 9-game list have taken his $190K off the cap. Couple these with Lumsden’s FA departure to Edmonton and there was enough room to make these acquisitions. Look at the coin that Ray, Calvillo, and Burris make. Printer’s salary was not beyond the pale in terms of what an expected elite QB in the league can earn in today’s market. Simply put, his output didn’t justify the price tag. The Cats were not crippled by Printers’s salary IMHO, I think that it would have taken away from some of the flexibility in allowing for the quick retooling of the O-line and the LB as two examples.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ