PRINTERS IS A GAMBLE

Als4ever wrote.

And BTW...with the exeption of Armstead,there isn't one Ticat receiver that could make the Als.
Total garbage,

I think the Als would gladly take Ralph, Bauman and Curry, Along with Armstead

Lets start a poll

Armstead Bauman Curry Ralph
vs.
Cahoon,Thurman,Watkins,Stala or Ashland Davis

What a joke

As far as garbage, you really want to see garbage...check your guys stats

Now now, Air Maas has gone on to other things than being the starting QB equivalent of the Bolivian navy. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/bustersbattery/militrivia/MILITRIVIA60.html]http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/bustersbat ... VIA60.html[/url]

(Psst...it's that being completely landlocked thing. LOL They DO have a seagoing vessel, but it's apparently docked in Argentina!)

So yes, as far as the Als receiving corps goes, I do think that Ralph or Bauman would be in Popp's radar if available. Stala's recurring foot problems are one thing, Watkins's dropsies at times another. Not saying they would be picked up, but I do think those are two concerns the Als would have. Cahoon is a lock, Davis looks like a keeper, and Thurman is playing very well.

The issue has boiled down to QBing in comparing the two teams, IMO. The Als has been atrocious at times in pass protection as well (ask AC in a non-recorded private moment, I'm sure).

Apart from the now-Dominguezless Riders, no passing offense has really impressed me apart from those lucky enough to play against Helen Keller, I mean Ed O'Neil and his secondary. It's been a down-year league wide at least doing the eyeball test.

Oski Wee Wee,

Or we could check your grammar. :wink:

:D

I don't think the gap between the TiCat and Als receivers is THAT large, but it is there. On the other hand, it is really hard to tell if your receivers are any good when Maas has been so consistently poor. I think Curry is good, but Ralph is not someone I'd want on my team.

I'm excited for Ti-Cat fans, I hope the Cats become a power house in the east.

2008- Stampeders - Ti-Cats grey cup!!!

Now you're talking!!!!!!

I love Calgary..........been a few years since i've been there too.

My buds out west would love to see that happen!!!!
It won't......LOL....but would be cool non the less!!

Cheers Brother!!!!

I really don't Believe Case is Gamble..
He are my Reasons.
(1)Monday Case spent 3 Hours with Charlie Taafe
Learning the Playbook .
He did this in Spare Time. Charlie Can't force him to do it on his day off .

(2) Spend 1 Hour after Practice Throwing Passes to Every Wide Receiver.

This after Practice again Casey Stayed.
He got all the WR to Stay too.
This HUGE Change from Jason Maas.

This what is going to win us Games Casey Deduction to the Craft of QB.

There was more than one calling for Maas' head on here. Some have eaten a lot of crow the past two games after Chang started. How can you expect a lot when he is 22 and has no CFL experience? Yet "some" felt that he could lead the Cats to the promise land. I believe that Jason will have more luck in Montreal because they have a better O than Hamilton. I, for one, hope that Jason plays against the Cats and lights it up.

Speaking as an Als fan, I have to dispute the notion that we have a better O-line than Hamilton. That just makes me laugh and then cry. Our O-line is horrendous, has given up the most sacks in the league, and can't pass-block for crap. Last week it played one of its better games with some personnel adjustments and maybe a fear that their jobs were on the line. But right now, we can't stop anyone. Calvillo was injured by a vicious but clean blindside tackle from a blitzing BC defender that NOBODY picked up. He's been taking that pounding all season long and it's a wonder he wasn't injured sooner.

LOL

What do you expect him to say

"He only signed here cause the Cats offered him a big signing bonus and he is a prima donna who has quickly worn out his welcome everywhere he has been?"

If he really was a winner don't you think he would have signed with a contender?

Please don't tell me that you think that the Cats are going to make the postseason...

Not this year but next we well the Al's won't

Hi Als...

this is getting a little bit tiresome. Let's keep the cross-team trash talking to the general board where it's expected and lots of fun.

I don't want to sound like an old fogey but cross-team arguments on home boards seem close to the dreaded 'T' word.

Thanks.

firstly, Other than my beloved Als, the cats are my favorite team.

I'm sorry that you find my posts tiresome, however I wouldn't even presume to call you an "old fogey". That, dear sir is reducing things to a personal level...and there is no room for that kind of stuff on this or any other board.

Secondly, I travel to IWS from Montreal at least 5 times a year and spent my hard earned cash in Hamilton stores, eat in Hamilton restaurants, stay in Hamilton Hotels....I am as much a cat fan as most who use this board except when they play the Als. Each one of the teams 9 losses hurt me as much as it hurt you.

Thirdly, the purpose of this board is to communicate and exchange ideas and to discuss events surrounding the cats and the CFL....I felt it necessary to make this post because I detest platitudes and clichés.

The original poster stated that Mr. Printers was a team player. The fact is that Mr. Printers has never done anything to show that he is, not only now but throughout his career. In fact he has proved to be very selfish.

Like als4ever, I am a Montreal fan with Hamilton as my #2 team.

My two cents? I agree with als that Printers had a well-earned reputation in BC of NOT being a team player, but I suspect that his US experience may have helped him mature into one. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, and let's see what happens.

firstly, Other than my beloved Als, the cats are my favorite team.

I'm sorry that you find my posts tiresome, however I wouldn't even presume to call you an "old fogey". That, dear sir is reducing things to a personal level...and there is no room for that kind of stuff on this or any other board.

Secondly, I travel to IWS from Montreal at least 5 times a year and spent my hard earned cash in Hamilton stores, eat in Hamilton restaurants, stay in Hamilton Hotels....I am as much a cat fan as most who use this board except when they play the Als. Each one of the teams 9 losses hurt me as much as it hurt you.

Thirdly, the purpose of this board is to communicate and exchange ideas and to discuss events surrounding the cats and the CFL....I felt it necessary to make this post because I detest platitudes and clichés.

The original poster stated that Mr. Printers was a team player. The fact is that Mr. Printers has never done anything to show that he is, not only now but throughout his career. In fact he has proved to be very selfish

Hi Als-

Thanks for the response. Because in your original post you spoke to 'ti-cat fans' (thus verbally distancing yourself) and your name and some post content certainly indicate an Als connection, the presumption of the intent of the posts being to incite some (hopefully) cross-team trash talking is at least somewhat warranted.

What I found tiresome - and I obviously didn't express myself well - was the conflict that was being generated. there has been SO much of it on this board that many have left. I hadn't intended to comment upon you personally. I'm sincerely apologizefor gving that impression. As for me? I AM an old fogey!

I believe that people - not knowing your interest in the 'Cats - were responding somewhat negatively to your presence and assumed tone RATHER than primarily to content. Does this help explain where I was coming from?

As for Printers.... I agree with you. On the day of the trade I began a thread that indicated my concerns.
He showed greatness, no doubt, but there are still questions that will undoubtedly be answered soon.

All I can say is from what I've seen from Printers he means business; I never got that impression from Maas, who always seemed to look befuddled and pouty. Maybe Printers is an arrogant, self-centered prick, but many great people are; they wouldn't be able to accomplish what they do. I can't wait to see him play.

Don Matthews was arrogant.....but he won.

If Printers wins for the Cats, I don't think many will object to any personality flaws he may have.

To Mark..

Thanks for the response...I love the Cats and ADORE going to IWS. Molson Stadium is good and intimate but climbing up that #%## hill every second week is going to kill me!!!

You are right...this thread has probably run its course so Ill paraphrase and get the hell out!

Casey Printers gives the cats instant credibility at QB. He will certainly be a top ranked QB almost immediately, and if he will commit to staying here could be the next Warren Moon...when he's interested hes that good....

All I am saying is that his character does'nt seem to be the type that will take well to losing, which is a GOOD thing. Now it's up to the front office to get him a receiver or two, and shore up the D.

Looking forward to an Als/Cats Eastern Final next year?

Now that we aren't bashing one another, its a moment to suggest that Mgmt will be looking hard at the receivers nd who run routes correctly and "in time" with Printers, let alone to stretching to hold onto the vall. fighting for it (all the critcisms of Maas need not be repeated)

Because this team's Mgmt/Ownership is really dedicated to deliver a winner to the seat buyer.

While the Al's do have one or two guys (Cahoon, Payton) that rank right up there, the Cats have guys that, with the right coaching or QB can exceed them...

Yes, yes, I know, lets see it on the field, and, eventually, we shall, but my "cyber-nickel" is thrown out here in favour of the Cats, against the present day Al's, given we give Casey a couple games to get in tune with the Offense, and the new "patch" of the D Line and DBackfield comes to fruition...

Montreal is more seriously "hurt" by the temporay loss of AC than people understand...bringing in both Maas and McMahon at their salaries will lift the Als into "penalty country" with the League at end of season, and you don't do that unless it's serious hurts for AC...thats a whole ton of salary you are trading into and picking up...a serious "budget re-write" to be considered and either they had a half million or so in "cap room" in Montreal (they wouldn't be paying a FB from Rosetown Saskatchewan any big ton of money!) or were well prepared to "cheat" the salary cap and "hope" to finish well in the Eastern Division...

Last weekend was a conundrum, and Brady excelled...this weekend is the "eye of the needle" for Montreal...everyone knows who is coming, and who is in relief and what to do about it...

It may be a bit of an intersting back half of a season in the Eastern Division!