Printer's Heart ???

After Printer's injury I watched him closely on the sidelines. The injury was deemed to be nothing more than a bang on the thumb. He didn't appear to me to be anxious to return to play at all. He cradled the ball in his arms while walking the sidelines, not attemtimg to squeze it or even a few practice throws. I have to believe that if you are a leader on the team and you are in the middle of a 3 pt. game you are going to be doing everything to try and get back in. This did not appear to be the case, I also noticed very litle discussion from ther players and coaching staff with him. He stood at the end of thee sidelines by himself most of the time. Danny Mc'Manuus stood right beside him and barely said a word. Is their trouble
brewing? Is our leader a quitter?

I believe Casey is sick and tired of running for his life. The O LIne - Coach Bleamer - is a horrid coach with NO CFL experince. He is a persoanl buddie of Charlies - hoop tee doo. I suggest we bring in Coach Sal ..... there is a man with a ton of expience and go people - communication skills.

Have you ever seriously jammed your thumb?

Then try throwing a football with that same hand,

Thats why we have a talented 2nd string QB like Richie,he made a difference out there..............
quiter my butt!!

The medical staff quickly determined he was finished.

It was a no brainer really, Mark77.

He couldn't grip the ball with
a painful, badly swollen thumb

He kept clasping his thumb with his other hand

likely because it was throbbing in pain so much.

P.S.

He sure wasn't anxious to come out of the game.

He rammed his hand into a helmet
on the follow through of a pass

yet he stayed in for the next play
even though he had no feeling in it.

Ridiculous. Didn't you see him on the field when they were working on his thumb, he was in obvious serious pain. He also looked like he was about to take a knee but didn't - I'm guessing because he didn't want to have to sit out three plays.
Really I don't think I've ever seen a guy as positive and full of heart as Printers, given what's happening around him every week.

Don't cloud the issue with facts, RFTT.

It's not like he needs his thumb to throw or anything. :roll:

Mark77.. ..Have you ever tried to throw a football with a jammed thumb? Probably not!...let me tell you ,,you have little or no control..

His night was done!!You are reading way too much into what happened..

People have been quick to blame Casey for whats been happening and questioning his heart. The O line was falling apart and he was running for his life. We gave up 8 sacks last night. Watching him on the sidelines, you could see the pain on his face.Casey would have went back in if he could.

Ticat fans wouldnt have it any other way.

I have an idea. How about everytime we get a new qb we get on his case and try to run him out of town! Wait a second... that is what happens with every qb we have! How about we look at the terrible job our offensive line does! They couldn't protect a baby from crawling onto the QEW!

Mark calls it a “bang on the thumb”. That’s the type of injury that could potentially cause a dislocation. It happened to me only, on my pinky finger and it was badly disjointed.

Being the thumb it has a lot more stability so that’s probably why it held up. Nonetheless, it’s very painful and I would be suprised if Casey could bend his thumb even. It is impossible to grip a football with that injury. I’ve had that one as well. Of course you didn’t see him gripping the football and throwing on the sidelines :roll: . But who needs thumbs right? If you’re a “real” leader you go out there - thumbs or no thumbs!

One more note: It’s disturbing the way people degrade football players when they have an injury. The get called every name in the book and then someone says they have no heart. This is the “playing with pain” myth. Some pain you can play with, sure. Some you can’t. This wasn’t a case of just “pain”. This was a physical impossibility even if you wanted to play with pain - you can’t grip the damn ball!

Coaches do not waste their time focussing on injured players during a game. And injured players do not whine and cry to get the coaches attention after getting injured. The team doctors/medical staff make a diagnosis and then everyone goes on minding the business at hand, winning the game. It's not sandlot ball. The people involved know and respect their boundries. What you think you saw young fellow, had nothing to do with leadership or quitting on the team. Your question indicates a silly notion is present.

printers is a loser! a quitter! and he sucks! and not worth the money were paying him, he obvisouly never hurt his thumb that bad he was to scared and nervous to go on the field because he would throw an int or another incomple pass or 2 and out...

HES A QUITTER
KEEP WILLIAMS IN!

And you're obviously NOT the same person who signed up a few days ago as micheal something else and blasted Printers. No agenda at all :roll:

Well he's no Matt Dunigan but I don't think he's a quitter. This was a top-to-bottom team collapse. However, I do think that Printers could help the team and himself more by staying more focussed and poised on the sidelines rather than stomping around amd getting in people's faces. He should be concentrating on what needs to be done on the field rather than going into his highschool QB rah-rah routine.

An Argo-Cat fan

yeah i always thought football was the ultimate team sport?
i'd really be suprised if the reason casey came out of the game was anything more than his thumb.
pro athletes don't usually make it to this level by being quitters, especially a quaterback.

I question his smarts. I question his maturity. I question his attitude. I may even question his character. But I dont question his heart. The guy wants to play as much as he can, no matter what.

He wants to play, he wants to win, he wants to be the star. In fact, his ego needs it even. He is not going to quit so easy, not even close. Especially not as long as there was still a chance he could still be the hero of a still close game.

Doesn't have the heart??????
This guy wants to win and perform well...badly!
He realized his mistake last year by coming in and trying to take over as a leader too soon and was harshly criticized for it.
He also knows the financial investment the team has made in him and is trying to fulfill the role of leader/marquee player by trying to encourage teammates and provide entertainment.
True, he hasn't been overly successful on the field, but he does a great job marketing the team with public appearances and doing his radio show on CHML. He is also paid to do just this. So, give the guy a break, IMO he is earning every penny of his paycheque.
PS:
There have been flashes of the 'old' Printers. Perhaps I'm deluded, but he gives me a little more hope than the guy we had last year.

Yes, yes, yes!

Remember when they brought him in temporarily a couple of years ago?

The O-line responded instatnly, having a great first game for coach Sal.

(barneyfife) Well he's no Matt Dunigan but I don't think he's a quitter. This was a top-to-bottom team collapse. However, I do think that Printers could help the team and himself more by staying more focussed and poised on the sidelines rather than stomping around amd getting in people's faces. He should be concentrating on what needs to be done on the field rather than going into his highschool QB rah-rah routine.

An Argo-Cat fan

Good summation, barney. He should follow the example of Danny McManus in this regard.
Danny was almost like a recluse when he went back to the bench. His team mates generally knew enough to leave him alone. He would separate himself from his team mates by sitting at one end of the bench by himself.

On rare occasions, and probably with good reason, we'd see him talking to other players, coaches or the spotter's booth, via a head set.

Printer's definitely needs to settle down a bit when he goes back to the bench. This should be a time for him to reflect on positives and negatives of the game and make decisions, either with the coaches or on his own, as to how he could improve the momentum of the offense.