Printers DONE with the LIONS

I still think Greene is an excellent QB. I'd love for him to be given the controls for the rest of the season.

True we cant afford him…Mass is more realistic…and Crandell is 4-0 …so I am not giving up on him.

WOOHOO! CHRISMAS HAS COME EARLY!!!

Winnipeg willl get him or the NFL.

GO RIDERS!!!

if he signed on with hamilton, then they are instant contenders!

from the LIONS to the TIGERS...lol

His uncle the agent was at it again this morning on CKNW. Apparently Uncle agent says Printers will never take a snap with the Lions.

I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but its a good example not to hire relatives as you usually get bad advice.

Lets rewind the tape to May/ June. Printers was in a cast with toe surgery. He couldn't COMPETE for the #1 job. Dickenson won it. At 75% passing, how can you justify replacing Dickenson. Then the shoulder injury, and, well we know how the rest of it played out.

The best thing Casey can do is fire his uncle and get a real agent that will give him GOOD advice.

I like trading him to an Eastern Team. Toronto could afford him. Damon should be retiring soon. Hamilton too!

Could’ve afforded him if they’d dumped Greene. Which is what he wanted - a guaranteed starting spot.
As for Printers and the Riders regarding his attitude - he didn’t have one when he was actually PLAYING for the Lions, he has one now because he feels he’s earned the right to play… and I agree with him. The man is a competitor, once he’s in the starting position, he’ll aim his competitiveness (if that’s a word) at the other team… this is the only weak position on Sask… if they don’t chase him (assuming he dnesn’t make the NFL) then they’re just stupid.

I, for one, will be very surprised if Casey Printers ever makes it in the NFL at any point in his career, let alone next year. I have nothing against Printers personally and wish him well, but the NFL aside, I have grave doubts about his ability to become a premiere quarterback in the CFL. With apologies to Mark Twain, the rumors of his inevitable success have been greatly exaggerated.

Maybe it was because he played hurt last year, but down the stretch Printers became less and less effective. In key games late in the season, an injured Dickenson came in for him in the dying minutes to turn defeats into victories. So did Wynn on one memorable occasion.

As for those who doggedly and unequivocally state that the Lions would have won the Grey Cup last year had they played Printers, my question is, and you know this how? Buono is not Barrett; if he thought Printers was his best chance to win he would have traded Dickenson to white slavers for beads and trinkets. Remember how Damon Allen got to TO?

Can’t wait until Printers wears double blue next year!!!
GO RIDERS GO!!!

Think Printers is in damage control mode. He even admitted, he didn't know why his agent made the comments about being done in BC. Printers says he loves it in Vancouver and I think he is just trying to say the right things.

Neil70 - Your comments are pretty much bang on but I think Printers is a good QB and needs more time to develop. Sure, he is the reigning MVP but he was also an unknown when he came in. As the season progressed, the teams started to figure him out, thus Printers faltering a bit.

If Printers were smart, he would tell his agent/uncle to shut the hell up. He's making Printers look bad. I got to meet Printers in person on a flight to Regina and I believe he is still committed to being a Lion as long as he is under contract. I called him a whiny little baby but as I thought about it, it was his agents comments, not Printers, that made me mad.

Lionbacker: You may be right about Printer’s development, but it is precisely WHAT opposing teams figured out about Printers that causes me to wonder about his future in the league. The recipe: play contain to keep Printers from getting to the outside, stay in zone so that his receivers can’t flat out beat you one-on-one, and take advantage of his inability to read the defense and find the open man. The worst thing that could have ever happened to CP was winning the MVP as a rookie (okay, almost rookie). It shot his expectations (and those of some fans) way ahead of his development. I suppose my original post was a reaction to those that think their teams would be getting the whole package if they traded for Printers. They won’t.

With more game time, Printers will start to read defences and figure out that he doesn't have to run and can find a receiver quicker if he reads the defence correct. It's a learning process and I would love to see him stay but if he and his agent feel he needs to go elsewhere than so be it. He's an athletic player and needs to hone his skills a little more before demanding so much from the Lions.

I also think it's unfair to have Printers as a back up to DD. The CFL would benefit from having DD and CP as starters, as well as Jason Maas.

Imagine,

Dickenson, Printers, Maas, Ray, Burris, Calvillo, Allen as starters for 7 of the 9 teams.

your forgetting KERRY JOSEPH if he had good o-line protection

I have to admit, I took your prediction a few months ago with a grain of salt. But as the soap opera develops, I think you may be correct on him moving to Toronto. Toronto could afford him.

But NOT for Avery…Wally doesn’t like attitude and last years whine of "I don’t like playing in the snow wouldn’t cut it with Wally. Maybe a trade for some Offensive Linemen could work.

too funny jmo2! it takes alot to make me laugh and you did. Well, yes, hellothere makes me laugh with his nutsy comments but yours made me chuckle. Can you throw hellothere in with the trade for Printers?

Okay, I was trying to be tactful. I don’t do tactful very well so why don’t I just say what I really think.
First, Casey Printers has a ton of athletic ability. So does Michael Bishop who is not a very effective CFL quarterback at the moment nor is he ever likely to be. What makes you think Printers is any different?
Second, every defense makes adjustments in order to take something away from their opponent’s offense. To do this, they give up something else defensively elsewhere on the playing field (elementary football 101. You have played this game haven’t you?). The ability to read defenses well and exploit what they are giving up is a special skill possessed by few quarterbacks. That ability is not automatically acquired by taking more reps. Dickenson has it, Ray has it, but there is precious little evidence to this point that Printers has it. And finally, if Printers “learns� that he doesn’t have to run, then he is getting some pretty bad coaching advice. The ability to run is a serious weapon that has made average quarterbacks good and good quarterbacks great (Burris and Allen come to mind). If Printers learns that he doesn’t have to run then he should also learn plumbing or some other trade because he is going to need it.