Price Increase

I am a loyal fan and have stuck with the team through the good and the bad, i’ll i ask is that there is no price increase on season tickets the next couple of years.

Oh ya and a reduction in beer prices :smiley:

Just give me better Football ,thats what I'm in the seat for!

Hey, if the Cats start winning, I won't be coming to any more TiCat games at IWS.

:wink:

An Argo fan

Ticket prices are already pretty much the lowest in the CFL.

NEWSFLASH.........Beer has been raised to 20.00 a cup!!!!!Sorry thats next season!lol

They should be the way they are playing[or is that not playing].

I dont get the logic??? 'Lets all cry and complain about the team. Lets all scream for them to sign this guy or that guys. Then, lets all yell to keep ticket prices below the majority of team in the league.'

If you want a healthy and competitive team you will have to pay competitive prices. Its as simple as that!

If a price increase will help turn the team into a grey cup contender, then im all for it.

I know Bob always comparer’s the ticats to the Eskimos for talent, attendance etc. so why not season ticket prices?

http://www.esks.com/default.asp?V_DOC_ID=1283

I think we are around the same price for a season ticket as compared to the Eskimos.

So you have to ask yourself, how does Edmonton always seem to be a contender, when there season ticket prices are among the lowest in the league?

Those prices do include a $30 stadium fee plus taxes. Edmonton probably has thousands more season ticket holders plus have had many years to become sustainable. But yes the Esks are a good mold to follow.

Commonwealth Stadium holds about twice as much as IWS.

They also have no provincial sales tax in Alberta. For every $100 in ticket sales in Ontario, the province picks up another $10!

10% PST on tickets

Mark

[i]

[/i]

I consider myself a loyal fan also and have stuck with the team through all the thicks and one heck of a lot of thins but.....I believe I've already received the reward you're seeking.
My ticket prices havn't gone up in three years.

I'm still not impressed with Bob saying he's going to target me and jack my seats up as high as "the market will bear" but such is life, when it becomes cost prohibitive and I'm forced to turn over my seats to a man with more money then I'll do some fishing and get an AM radio.

After three years with no increase (tradition club members) I think demanding, or requesting a fourth is pushing it.

For anyone wondering, I’ve heard that there are about 25,000 season ticket holders in Edmonton.

My mother & I have 3 tickets in the wheelchair section behind the Ti-Cat bench. We signed up for the three year plan as well, but our tickets have gone up every year. I feel this is wrong. The disabled live mostly on fixed incomes & it is hard to justify paying a huge amount for seats where we have trouble seeing the play because security will not move people that are blocking our view.We usually pay for our tickets before the end of the current year but this time we are going to wait.

We are already overpaying for the poor calibre of football we've been subjected to over the last four years. Before a price increase is put into place, the team should give serious consideration to rebating money to season ticket holders.
Of course, this idea, though appealing to some of you, isn't about to happen, but in view of the horrendous play we've been exposed to over the years, I would definitely have to challenge the idea of a price increase at this stage.
The team has been at or near capacity crowds since Bob Young's take over, so don't suggest to me that they need more money because there is no way I'd believe that.
It's time to put a good product on the field with the monies that should be available, for at least one season. Only then, should a price increase be considered.
Our games take place at Ivor Wynne Stadium, not the Air Canada Centre or Commonwealth Stadium. If prices in these facilities are a little higher than ours, that would be normal since their overhead is also much higher.
I truly hope our Ticats don't shoot themselves in the foot with price increases because I'm certain it would have an adverse effect on attendence.

For God sakes, if you don't like the price of beer.....DON'T BUY ANY!!!!

Gotta pay for all the heads with contracts we ran outta town.

(The Godfather) For God sakes, if you don't like the price of beer.....DON'T BUY ANY!!!!
I enjoy a beer now and then, but I find it easy to get through 3 or 4 hours of football till I either get home or go to a pub where the prices are reasonable. I'm proud to say I haven't spent a dime on beer, pop, coffee or any other liquid at Ivor Wynne this year. Ever since the first game of the season when I was told to through out my 500ml of water, this became my permanent policy.
(rocky123) Ever since the first game of the season when I was told to through out my 500ml of water, this became my permanent policy.
Actually, I DO know how to spell, "THROW". Starting with the second home game, I bring (smuggle) my own 500ml bottled water into the stadium.

Rocky wrote:

the team should give serious consideration to rebating money to season ticket holders.
Never should or would happen. You can never guarantee the outcome of a game or a season.
don't suggest to me that they need more money because there is no way I'd believe that. It's time to put a good product on the field with the monies that should be available, for at least one season.
I think that is what they attempted this season and doesn't look lie it worked. And there is no way this team is making money...note to people that think so: The CFL is not a cash cow! I dont care how many people are in the stands you can not bring a CFL team from bankruptcy to profitably in only 2 season (almost finished a 3rd season) If this was possible owners would not go bankrupted so frequently. You need to be very business savvy over many years before this is possible.