Prevent Defence

May have been a corner blitz, but my opinion stands on double-teaming Geno.

1 Like

That’s tough one. I get what you’re saying about Lewis, but Harris threw for 340 yards and spread the ball around to just about everyone in the Als’ receiving corps. I think if I’m in Washington’s position, I do what you suggest, double-team Montreal’s top receiver, and dare them to beat Hamilton in other ways, but I can also see the logic in trying to send pressure. Unfortunately, it required good form tackling on Lewis to prevent YAC and that didn’t happen.

I do not envy coordinators in situations like this!

Problem is he doesn’t really call a true prevent defense or a regular aggressive defense but rather a half-assed, half way, loosey, goosey defense.

1 Like

Here’s the thing. There are multiple Cats fans posting here, and just as many opinions. Way more opinions than facts. It is not a contradiction if different fans have different views. Completely expected and inevitable.

4 Likes

Absolutely. Maybe I got it wrong, but it seemed like some of the same fans who were critical of what they saw as Washington’s prevent defense were also critical of him sending pressure at the end of the game.

But yeah, opinions and contradictions abound. It’s a forum, after all. :smiley:

I would still not be surprised if Hamilton rallied and won the division TBH…

1 Like

If the Cats do rally then this division is the right one.

1 Like

When we win Friday evening we’ll be tied for first….

based on what I saw in Toronto last time, I'm not holding my breath.

I would love to see Santos Knox play MLB . Often he lines up at the end of the DLine in order to blitz . He often is neutralized at the line of scrimmage , leaving the middle wide open for the run or the pass .
At the end of games , his presence in the middle might deter layered pass routes in the middle or shallow crossing routes that can become big gainers . Strength down the middle is a constant goal in baseball , hockey, and should be in Hammer Football .

2 Likes