Pressure shifts back to teams after productive combine

TORONTO — After a pressure-filled weekend for the prospects of the CFL Combine presented by New Era, they can all exhale, with the pressure shifting back to the nine teams of the CFL.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/03/27/pressure-shifts-back-to-teams-after-productive-combine/

You’d have to think Chris Jones would have a hard time passing up Tyrell Richards. He had a 5 hour day deciding to line up with the LB’s, DL & DB’s. And excelled. Just the kind of guy Jones likes. Some impressive performances at the combine.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d be shocked if the Elks pick anyone else at #1.

Yeah, I agree pantsonfire – watched some of his tape - he is quite the talent, his versatility alone might be too good to pass on with the first overall pick. In a previous conversation we had on an earlier article, I thought C. Jones might drop down to pick up extra draft picks. With this guy – it might be a 50/50 scenario – Jones will have to weigh the risk/reward by trading the top pick and dropping back.

You nailed it JB. It’s going to be an interesting draft day. I wonder who Elks get as the territorial. Rodeem Brown, OL out of U of A, isn’t in the top 20 but was great. He’d be a good territorial pick should he be around for their #19 pick. See comment below:

“…he was nothing short of spectacular in the one-on-ones. Brown didn’t lose a single rep in a drill that the defence is designed to win, getting two full-value pancake blocks and completely stonewalling Canada’s top lineman Deionte Knight with his surprising anchor and natural leverage.”

Yes - I watched Rodeem Brown too - the guy is tenacious, scrappy, and light on his feet! He could still be around for #19. Edmonton’s OLine is quite solid as is - - but he would be a great pick up. Cheers!

Why does everybody say Tyrell Richards ran drills with the DB's? I never saw him warming up with them or in the 1 on 1's against the WR's.

Explained on Ferguson’s latest posts. You’re right of course, Okie.