How did the Cats do with the game-day experience in the preseason game? Any problems the management should know about? Any changes for the better? This 'report card' is my impression. Agree? Disagree? Add stuff I missed.
- Generally good, but getting 2/3 of a cup of coffee is a bit off-putting. This seems to have been related to a single booth in the North concourse.
- Volume. Much improved, although a bit variable. Still loud, but not painful.
- Announcer. Much improved, but still has a tendency to overdone hyperbole. Sounds like he's auditioning for a spot announcing WWE or Monster Truck rallies.
- Objectionable canned noise and messages. Much reduced. Despite the small crowd, people were actually getting into the game.
- Choice of music. Much improved. Edgier, more suited to a football game.
- Amount of music. Much, much improved. Mostly, it complemented the game, instead of competing with it.
- Scoreboard. Now using a normal aspect ratio. I was really bothered by the distorted images last year, and am glad to see them gone.
- Poker game. Too fussy, too cutesy. Too much trouble to keep track of the card, especially in the wind. Too many cards at once in the first part, and too hard to quickly spot which cards matched your playing card. People around me were getting confused, especially those with multiple cards (for spouses, children, etc).
- Flypast. Nice. Obviously a bit of a problem with timing....
- Half time show. Nice idea, poor execution. Honour the Bulldogs, definitely. The video compilation was good. The sappy MulchMusic style interviews were bad. They felt like Leslie was trying to kill some time. Surely the hockey players could have been paraded around the field on a Gator or something.
- Helpful and friendly. Keep up the good work.