Pres Mitchell is responsible for this season

[b]

Uhmmm, I never said that, you quoted the wrong person there. That was from the thread starters “personal letter” to Scott Mitchell

Hmmm… This is an interesting dilemma, indeed.

Personally, I believe we’ve had far too many personnel changes since Bob took over - 3 Presidents, 4 General Managers and 4 (going on 5) Head Coaches.

However, this said… the reality is Scott DID promise a playoff berth.

I’ll have to sleep on this one…

Agree 100 per cent. But I’m not sure Lumsden wants to play here and I can’t blame him. When he is in the game, they don’t use him properly. He could have a lot more yards in the games he has played if they got him the ball more. He knows that, his dad knows it and most fans know it. Ticat management talk about getting the ball to him but when the game starts they have no imaginative way of getting him the ball. Instead they pound him up the middle over and over again. (Wonder why he’s injured).

Justaguy, in case your sleeping on this dilemma
didn’t produce an answer. It’s a non-issue because

when one makes a promise about something
that one is not 100% in control of, in good faith,

one makes oneself accountable by offering up
a consequence which one has 100% control over

which benefits whoever one made the promise to,

in case whatever one promised does not get fulfilled.

You won’t see Scott fire himself like Sheila Copps did
because he didn’t make that guarantee, she did.

Sheila’s promise was as dubious as all the other promises her party made. She had a lock on that riding; knew getting re-elected wouldn’t be a problem. It would be like quitting a job you alone are qualified to do and then walking into the HR office to re-apply for it. However, that stunt cost the taxpayers money which was typical.

There has been too much change in the TiCats these past few seasons. Continuity is a hallmark of successful organizations. However, so is the ability to recruit and retain good people which sometimes requires change.

Its been a money issue with bob as owner the whole time. Printers signs and maas is given away for next to nothing the same day when winnipeg offered up gavin walls, auggie a few days later, money. Flick asked to take pay cut, leaves, produces elsewhere......money. Armstead closing in on 3000 all purpose yards and special teams player of the year for winnipeg.......money. Kenton keith signed but I would guess if canada would have come here that keith wouldnt be here, money is behind almost every personell move this team makes except for the front office where they throw it around like its nothing.
Lumsden will leave and sign somewhere else but it wont be for any reason other than the other team offers more money to him. Players leave here all the time and the only constant through bobs era has been that its because of money. Every player move this team makes is directly related to money, not whether they help the team or not. The minute a player has an off year they are asked to take a cut and if they balk they are gone..............to another team where they prosper of course because its not always their fault anyways. The problem is the low ball offer the cats give the players is as much an insult than anything else and nothing reasonable that would make them want to stay. Flick said it, it wasnt reasonable and he could understand it if it was.
Bob has been the champion of the salary cap since he became owner. I personally think it was his plan to build a team and win the grey cup and then show everyone else that it can be done cheaply, without spending as much as all the other teams. It cant.
I am not sure its scott mitchells fault at all, he is just working for bob doing what bob wants. Obie makes the player moves.
There was a post a while back asking how edmonton recovered so fast from the last few seasons and the main reason that teams do it while the cats dont is because they put money into the team and what is on the field and build that first, while the cats are putting flowers in the washrooms, waving a big flag, getting a huge scoreboard, sponsors, changing logos, replacing mascots, making promises... etc etc. The football team has taken a back seat to all the other crap in this organization from the moment bob took over and until the players, coaches, gms and teams performance matters more than flowers, logos and flags this team will stay where they are, basement.
Put football first and all that window dressing crap they have shoved down the fans throats since bob came here can take a back seat cus until this team wins its not fooling anyone anymore.

I agree with beetlejuice this problem started at the top and must be addressed there.
Too many good players have left and a few prima donna's have been hired in their place.
Let's get back to the Sasio philosphy -a team of nobody's who work their tail off.

Crash: Oh Oh…I feel a post from ronfromtigertown with another one of his silly posts containing song lyrics. This one will likely be a Perry Como song " Dream Along with me…I’m on my way to the stars…"

I will stick with Chuck Berry's 'Around and Around,' mr62

because that's where the, 'this guys no good,'
'that guys no good,' fire the bum crowd'

would lead us if they had their way.

I am glad to see you are dropping to
the middle of the pack in that crowd,

and if you don't recognize it,
that's a compliment, mr62. :smiley:

Ron I agree with Just A Guy Scott should Step down or Be Dismissed…
Again Scott has presided over a sub-par football team
for too long and he is losing the fan base.

He should be held accountable for his
playoff promise and either resign or be fired

He had 2 years two fix it Times Up…

The playoff guarantee wasn't..."Scott gets fired if the team doesn't make the playoffs." It was that season ticket holders would get 25% off the following year.

The wins haven't increased but this team has improved big time over last year. They went several games without even a TD last year. I really think people under-estimate how bad last years team was. Obie has done a good job bringing in some guys this year and outside of a couple players this team could turn it around.

Hey Onknight… I didn’t say, “(Scott Mitchell) should be held accountable for his playoff promise and either resign or be fired.” It was said by mr62cats. I said I would have to sleep on it.

2 turtle-doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

12 days of Christmas, 12 CFL football players on a defensive, offensive or special team.
 Coincidence? I think not.
 Think about it - 12 receivers receiving, 11 guards a-guarding, 10 tackles tackling --  I may have missed a few but isn't that approximately the number of warm bodies we have tried at those positions since training camp opened?