Pres Mitchell is responsible for this season

oskee:

Pay no attention to Zontar.
I think your letter reflects what the majority of fans believe.
We've been calling for heads to roll all along but you have started to point the finger at the where the buck should stop....Scott Mitchell. He has presided over a sub-par football team for too long and he is losing the fan base. He should be held accountable for his playoff promise and either resign or be fired. Like Charlie, his time is up.

At this point. Bob Young needs to grow a pair and take over the direction of his franchise. I think the fans will be receptive to that and its really his only option now.

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

But what does that mean exactly?

Hasn’t Mr. Young decided the direction of the franchise through his hires and actions? What’s he gonna do - take over the GM job and find talent/coach the team/ play QB? All he can do as owner is hire the right people, spend money and talk.

He’s wisely backed off the talking because, when the results aren’t there to back it up, talk gets old fast.

He’s proven that he will spend money - whether the Printers signing or the Keith signing turn out ot be good ones, the fact will remain that he allowed his people to spend what was required to make these two marquee signings happen. (Some may argue that he should spend for every name player in the league - but why should he have to dramatically outspend the other seven franchises to have his franchise compete with them?)

He’s hired a president that has hired a GM that will presumably pick a coach for next year - that’s what he is supposed to do.

I don’t want a more active owner - I want an owner that delivers. And I think that, although there are still problems to overcome, he is doing the right things to be able to be that guy.

M.D MUST SAY THANK YOU SCOTT MITCHELL FOR FIRING ME......YOU NEVER GAVE ME A CHANCE LOOK WHO WILL WIN THE GREY CUP...........M.D BEEN VERY SUCCESFUL WITH THE ALS.....AND AGAIN HE IS....HIM AND POPP KNOWS HOW TO FOUND TALENT....MR PRES ARROGANT (MITCHELL) FIRED HIM BECAUSE HE COULDNT LET HIM DO HIS OWN....NOW HE GOT AND OLD PERSONNEL GUY NAME OBIE WHO MESSED UP WHEN HE WAS THE GM AT TORONTO....ALSO I THINK HE IS OVERRATED BUONO DID MOST OF THE PERSONNEL DECISIONS IN BC...AGAIN MITCHELL NEEDS TO BE FIRED.... HE HAS NO MARKETING SKILLS AND NO FOOTBALL AWARENESS......HE SHOULD GO BACK BEING AN AGENT...........OHHHHH WAIT WOW THE TICATS HAS A FORMER AGENT HAS PRESIDENT...HAHAHA.....LOOK AT LARRY SMITH THATS A PRESIDENT

True :rockin:

Thanks to everyone so far for their responses. It was the kind of talk I was hoping to generate.

I’m a diehard so I still hold hope until mathematically eliminated, but I am also a realist and believe we have to look ahead to next season and beyond.

als4ever - thanks also for your response. You started out with “Ah come on” and go on to say that Jesse should be compared to an Eric Lapointe. Agreed to a point - Jesse hasn’t put up the numbers YET. I said that the trading of Lumsden “could” be a disaster should he go on and do what I know he is capable of doing. You are right that he hasn’t yet earned the right to be mentioned along with Jackson, Gabriel and Young. But I will repeat - NOT YET. I don’t want him to go onto Edm or Tor and become the next great one. Mark my words - it will happen. The injury bug will eventually go away - it just has to…This kid is great. I’ve watched him since game one at Mac. One word unbelievable.

So, to speak to the Lapointe comparison, I have to disagree. Jesse means much much more to this community than Lapointe ever did here or in Mtl. Jesse can sell tickets. He is marketable. Even Mike Morreale, working for the CFLPA, has stated numerous times that the most marketable player, and most important player in the CFL, is Jesse Lumsden. He then mentions “It’s too bad he has played for a losing squad”.

Folks, Jesse has the potential (and please, please, please forget about his Cdn birth certificate) to become the best 'back we’ve ever had. Potential is a strong word, but a team in the building mode should not give up potential.

Give it up to someone who knows how to run a CFL Football team

please tell me…who is going to win the GC ?

MONTREAL WILL WIN THE GC

Let me guess Supercflfan, your an Allouette fan, right??

I totally 100% agree with this. Keith is a great back but is not a Lumsden. Keith is healthy, Jesse is always hurt!

The point is that whoever is going to win the Grey Cup this year, it sure ain’t Hamilton.

I’m stunned by the decisions Obie has made thus far. I didn’t think it was possible for the Cats to get worse than last season, but they may do just that. On a six-game losing streak, with no hope in sight, no O-line, no D-line, and no quality receivers, this team has, thus far, only managed to beat the only team in the league that is as bad as they are (Toronto).

Anyone that thinks this team is worse than last year's knows nothing about football.

This team is far better, we've still lost 5 games in the final 2 minutes and are still not that far away... its the typical "sky is falling" attitude that happens after every blowout.... Hell even Saskatchewan gets blown out when they travel east to Montreal... it happens to all teams.

As for Marcel, He is still a brutal GM and his team would get blown out by this year's team.

Did Obie not just same Thing with Zeke…???

Open post to Scott Mithcell:

I dont want to be over dramatic, but never, ever read this board.

That far away from what? Going 3-15 on the season? Because it seems like just getting to last season’s won-lost record will be an achievement. If you can tell me how this team is better, I’d be happy to hear it. You have the same problems you had last year, except now you have no linebackers, an interim head coach whose offenses HAVE NEVER WORKED IN THIS LEAGUE, and a defense without a pass rush.

At what point do you stop hugging moral victories to your chest and admit that your team is 2-10 on the season? And those two wins have come against the same team which is incidentally the other basement dweller and in the midst of its own collapse. I remember a number of very close losses during the season in which the team went 1-17. But nobody was taking any solace in ‘almost’ and ‘very close’ because they only won one frickin game all season long.

This is pro football, not group therapy. There are no awards for ‘almost’, especially not when you’ve been as bad for as long as the Ti-Cats have.

As for Marcel, He is still a brutal GM and his team would get blown out by this year's team.
Right. Because Obie has done such a bang-up job this year, trading your best defensive player away for picks and neg rights, failing to shore up the lines, neglecting the receiving corps, and spending money like a drunken sailor on running backs you don't need.

Just thought I would comment on the bolded parts…

1. We lost 11 games last year by more than 10 points… This year 5… thats called improvement, its obvious that this team (with some tweaking) will get over that hump and start winning the close games.

2. In 97 we werent close were we but we didnt need 20 new starters in 98 and we did pretty well that year didnt we? That year we won 2 games but somehow managed to get to the grey cup the next year with a couple new receivers, and a couple new OLinemen.

In closing, cause i really dont feel like making this argument anymore… we are 3-4 starters from being a .500 team (9-9)… I honestly believe that with those 3-4 starters being on the OLine and Dline, we’re a .500 team.

I know he was over the Moreno deal.

Only difference Brrenechea is a NI spare part. Moreno is an all star.