Predictions for 2023

No Rourke. No Burnham. No joy for BC this year.

1 Like

Yes, also - No MBT no experienced QB, no joy for the Argos this year.
Not sure about Edmonton either, has Tre Ford recovered from his season ending injury? or is it Cornelius?

East

Mon
Ham
Ott
Tor

West

Win
BC
Cal
Edm
Riders

Fajardo MOP nominee for East
Colaros for West
Montreal Winn Grey Cup

Riders 3-15

1 Like

As much as most of us would like balanced divisions, I believe it’s to add another team in the East, not remove a team from the West.

Calgary is still in the West division. Any thoughts on where they might end up?

I forgot to add stamps, laughing at my self, was so invested in Cody getting revenge on Riders

1 Like

East

Toronto
Hamilton
Montreal
Ottawa

West

Winnipeg
Calgary
British Columbia
Saskatchewan
Edmonton

That may just bite the Riders you know where. You must’ve still been laughing because you forgot to add Calgary again.

BTW, thanks for having Collaros as West MVP and for putting the Bombers in the Grey Cup against your Alouettes.

As a Bomber fan, I chuckle thinking about Fajardo as well, although in a different way than you. In the spirit of competitiveness and a good game, I see him leading the ALS down the field only to hit the uprights with his last ditch 3rd down pass to end the game. Bombers win.

By the time my fingers finished typing, you did add them. Cheers :beers:

1 Like

Lets see how it plays out

No problem.

I mean, I am not naive to assume BC will be completely unaffected. But let’s be real. Rourke and Burnham both missed significant time last season due to injury. The club went 4-2 with a brand new VA. Now they have Evans and Davis (who has looked good in camp) as backups.

They have the weapons to deal with Burnham’s loss. No question they will miss his leadership but have a much speedier SB in Alexander Hollins.

I just can’t envision Ottawa finishing in 4th in the East again this season.

Die hard rider fan but still seeing the riders dead last in the west… WAAAAY Too much to fix from last year that is not bring looked at

1 Like

I guess the question is, can the Elks improve more than the Riders?

WEST
Winnipeg
Edmonton
Calgary
Saskatchewan
BC
EAST
Hamilton
Ottawa
Toronto
Montréal

1 Like

Won’t drag it out with a massive list. Just one at a time - I believe Taylor Cornelius is the odds-on favorite (or just my favorite) to be CFL’s MOP this season. MBT is gone, Collaros aint’ gettin’ any younger and he got real fragile at the end of the season, into the playoffs & Grey Cup.
Cornelius will get the Elks to at least 9-9 to get the nod. Maybe even win a crossover game before bowing out to a superior team.
I think Cornelius is here to stay.

Next up, (few days from now) a prediction re: Winnipeg Blue Bombers . . . . .

there will be complaints about the reffing and TSN

1 Like

While I like TC, I expect Maier to be number 1, but I hope it will be Harris

I know one thing, it will not be a BC QB

1 Like

Prolly between the 2 Alberta QBs for MOP in league. Expect a slight (noticeable) decline from Zach Collaros, despite a great receiving corps & veteran o-line.

Chad Kelly could bust my prediction up real good - if he comes on as strong as he did in the Grey Cup conquest of the Bombers.

If Chad Kelly didn’t have an uncle named Jim nobody would give a damn about this guy .

3 Likes

Just read this about BLM. I hope for the league’s sake that he returns to his form from 5-6 years ago.

Bo Levi Mitchell has looked fantastic. The two-time CFL Most Outstanding Player hasn’t hesitated to throw the deep ball and his throws have had plenty of velocity while his touch on corner routes has been exceptional. Any concerns regarding his health should be dismissed.

3 Likes

Not true, he was an outstanding NCAA QB at Ole Miss and a 7th round NFL pick. Some say he had more pressure on him because of his name. Tore his ACL and the NFL lost interest