Predictions for 2023

This year is tough to predict. I mean:

• Will VA be “on form” and what about a running game for the Lions? If yes, top 3.

• On the surface, Calgary looks as strong as ever but they lost half their fearsome D-line in free agency, and some receivers, an award winning DB, bits and pieces but on the whole - I wonder if they can replace that talent. That and BC showed how to stop their offence in last years semi. A pattern for others to use to frustrate Maier?
    Just don’t know. They will be good BUT there may be three west teams better than them this season.

• Winnipeg - That core talent is getting long in the tooth and spent a lot of time on the injured list last season. Yes they are very good and very veteran but are some of those guys losing a step? Still likely top of the West standings but it won’t be a cakewalk.

• Saskatchewan - don’t know. They need a one two balls out offence. Is the Oline better? Do they have a between the tackles run game needed to back the blitz off a three and four step drop pocket passer? Their defence lost a powerhouse MLB. While Dean can play the position who gets Deans spot? Will their run stop be good?
    Just don’t know. Probably 3rd-5th place…

• Elks - Better at receiver, more coaching, a bunch of guys who went out for the season in preseason that will be ready. Apolon, Cobb, Grymes. They added a few pieces before free agency too - Purifoy and Leonard. Probably will be the most improved team in the league - not that they have far to go to be better but I would guess top 3 would be a good bet.

1 Like

You forget he did not predict the Stamps missed playoffs
Simply that they finish higher than Ottawa / Montreal in cross over
;p

1 Like

My preseason guesses I dunno
I feel both Toronto and BC are hurting (unless Kelly is for real out east, lucky noone else is that great in division, but the parity also makes prediction tough)
Ottawa and Edmonton are nearly impossible to get any worse, and Sask I feel has to do better

Winnipeg / Sask / Calgary / Edmonton / BC
Hamilton / Toronto / Ottawa / Montreal

1 and still counting.

2 Likes

Did they at least give you your hat back? :joy::smiley::+1:t2:

1 Like

No one in sight that day. it was safe :slightly_smiling_face: Feb snowstorm. LOL.

1 Like
  1. Hamilton
  2. Ottawa
  3. Toronto
  4. Montreal

West

1. Winnipeg
  2. Calgary
  3. Edmonton
  4. BC
  5. Sask

Hamilton loaded up and there motivation is high due to the GC in the Hammer. It's now or never.
Honestly, Ottawa and Toronto are about even. The wild card is Chad Kelly. He's going to be amazing or mediocre. Masoli, if he stays healthy is solid and experienced.

The West? Wpg is a no brainer at #1. Calgary has more continuity and a solid foundation. Edmonton starts to look like a real team under Jones. BC? VA is dynamic but inconsistent. Evans might surprise in relief.Sask? Too much change and low morale. Harris is very proficient but apparently difficult to enjoy as a team mate.

Sask finishes last and. Ambroise gets the boot, which one will come true?

What the Riders lost in Darnell Sankey they made up for with Micah Johnson. Does seem like a bit of a gamble to pay Anthony Lanier $250,000 but if they are right it should make for tough slogging up the middle. Larry Dean will benefit and could lead the league again in tackles.

Still a question at safety.

Both

We should have Godfrey Onyeka back.

Just curious, why do you say that? What sources are you getting that from?

Huff is still there in the background heping Dickenson and Dicenson over the ast 4 years was being groomed. They sti have great scouting and they are bringing in talent to repIace what they Iost

west division:

1. bombers all class still
  2. lions eff you haters
  3. elks corny is rising
  4. stamps maeir isn't
  5. riders lol

east division:

1. meh
  2. cats
  3. REDBLACKS ALL IN CAPS
  4. the team the owners forgot
  5. als
2 Likes

Where can I buy a ‘Meh’ jersey? If they’re in first I wanna jump on the bandwagon.

3 Likes

haha i couldn’t decide between cats or redblacks. plus need a 5th team in east.

my predictions are intended to be taken with massive amounts of salt

2 Likes

Lots of question marks across the league to be sure. I’ll go out on a huge limb and predict Edmonton and Ottawa both win at least 3 home games each.

Out of the gate the only sure thing right now seems to be Bombers in first until proven otherwise.

Don’t see Riders as the train wreck some make them out to be but they’ll still struggle. BC and Calgary duke it out for second, with Edmonton moving up but don’t see them overtaking either of those teams this year.

In the east - could 4 teams be 9-9? If Kelly were a known quantity I might put the Argos ahead of the Cats as I think their defence is stronger, but who knows at this point. Don’t see a clear cut first place finish for anyone there.

3 Likes

Agree with the Riders in last… But swap out the lol with :sob:

1 Like

honestly i don’t like seeing any team struggle, even the argos. the league needs successful franchises in all it’s cities. it also needs to be more competitive across the whole league, not just one or two good teams. best thing for the CFL would be every playoff spot being determined on last weekend of regular season with every team challenging for spots.

6 Likes

They’re just plain grey

4 Likes