Prediction Time: CFL.ca's writers' Week 3 picks

TORONTO — At the risk of pointing out a good thing and messing it up, have you seen the start that the CFL.ca writers are off to this season with their picks?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/22/prediction-time-cfl-cas-writers-week-3-picks/

With a perfect 8-0 record to start the 2022 season. Here are my wise picks for Week 3-Riders-Bombers-Stamps-Lions

2 Likes

LOL. Perfect pics.

Whole lotta Western love going on here. Of course that's mostly the home towns this week so pretty easy to pick that way. I did.

1 Like

Well also easy to just pick the western teams in general

1 Like

True, it was a feeble attempt at being diplomatic. 2 points right now for the whole Eastern Division. Impossible for them to have less at this point, & I don't see it improving much this weekend.

Why aren’t you participating in the forum pool? There is only one 8-0 record there.

2 Likes

Maybe Abbey will credit his picks retroactively, he does have them recorded here. Come on over Ace, look for the C.F.L./GCC forums.

1 Like

It’s up to Abby if they were recorded, but I doubt he will get credit. He denied someone else one game pick posted on another thread. And I think that’s only fair. Otherwise too much work and the potential for grumbling. He can still enter the pool now if he wants to.

2 Likes

I’m batting the same and picking the same. Feeling pretty good about a 12-0 start. The Als-Riders will be a tight one, but no Adams or Wieneke with Lewis as a question mark and this one could get ugly early. Khari will be 3/4 of the way out the door after this weekend, Steinhaurer should be in the same boat, but the Caretaker won’t pull the trigger.

1 Like

I wouldn't personally have a problem with it, the site date stamps everything, & there can't be many in Ace's situation. But it's Abbey's show, so he gets to call the shots, 100% on board with that.

1 Like

Did I tell you Porky that I had a perfect year picking last year, although I was just doing it for fun?

A perfect....year? I think the expression is 'get outta town!' If I could do that I might just become a betting man. Doing it for fun? Turn pro.

You know I was just kidding?

1 Like

2-2 last week. 5-3 overall. This week:

The Riders finally drop a game,
Eugene & Trevor are to blame.
A 3 man rush last week was trouble.
The Als rush 4 & burst their bubble.

At home the 'Peg is hard to beat.
No easy task them to unseat.
A battle royal is won on "D"
The Bombers will pick up the "V".

The Elks do rarely beat the Stamps.
While @ McMahon they are the champs.
The home team just has too much juice
They'll have their way with Chris Jones' moose.

McBeth, I'll say, can leave me "LEAR"y.
Shakespeare he's not, I see that clearly.
But winning "Acts" can still be wrote.
He'll safely helm the Argo boat.

1 Like

If you wanna play safe, pick home team, unless West vs East, then pick West. And don't pick Elks until further notice. Works great unless you bet the spread. Can't argue with a guy who's 8-0. Hope he keeps it up all year. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey, Jon, I had 2 holes in one yesterday on the same course. Had to go through a windmill to get one. :smiley::joy:

2 Likes

I'm gonna say Edmonton (just because I know it will seriously irritate most Stamps fans) is gonna pull some weird defense on the Stamps and keep them (mostly) off the scoreboard. Not sure what the over/under is yet but take the under and the Elks to win, probably by 2 and intercepting Bo 4 times.

Go ahead and check my ranking if you do not believe me. I have 1,886 points and a ranking of 279th. What do you have JYMN :question:

Can I join the pool in Week number 3 :smiling_face: :question: :heart_eyes: