Prediction Time: CFL.ca's Week 15 writers' picks

TORONTO — It’s easy to get comfortable at this time of year.

With two weeks of regular-season football left in front of us, we’ve come to figure out who the safe bets are, both for wins and losses (some may point out here that it took a very long time to get here, but that can be a conversation for another day).

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/11/11/prediction-time-cfl-cas-week-15-writers-picks/

Argos over Ticats. Not sure how many, if any of the writers are even CFL fans

The key for Hamilton will be to pressure Bethel. The Ticat defence has to come to play or it'll be a long night for them.

Argos have looked terrible lately which doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence.

Telling people they aren't CFL fans because they think your team will lose is childish and classless.

Share why you believe they are wrong at the very least

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more with your bang on criticism of the child like replies I often read. Another common one is telling people to watch the NFL if they don’t agree with you. I haven’t been on this forum that long but it is clear to me that everyone on here, especially regular contributors, are huge CFL fans. That doesn’t mean that everyone will agree on everything. State your position and why without resorting to unfounded insults please.

Mcbeth is one tough dude and has provided some of the most exciting football this season. Mcbeth will do anything to make the Argos kings and a fancy, Cat robe would look great on him.

1 Like

The writers are fairly united. BC/Stamps game will go down to the wire and hard to pick a winner. I can't bet against the Bombers and I can not bet on the Elks. Hamilton, BC, Winnipeg, Sk are my picks this week. The games should be relatively close, low scoring. No blow outs. Defence rules in the CFL in 2021.

I was speaking only of the media writers. I was not saying this because they are not picking my team this week, was stating this after reading their ridiculous articles over many years. So you let me know what I am allowed to say.

Oh and btw the Argos have absolutely NOT played bad football

Fair enough,

They have been inconsistent and need to clean up the turnovers if they intend to have any success in the playoffs.

Do you think they should have kept Arbuckle on the team for the post-season??

What do you predict the score will be?

It will be close if the turnovers are even.

But I don't think they will be.

Hamilton by 7 or more.

I think Argos win 38-36, fg with no time on clock. McBeth throws for 400 yards 3 tds. Hamilton plays well also,last team with ball wins. I supported the Arbuckle trade.

GreyCupBound
November 11

Argofanone:

I was speaking only of the media writers. I was not saying this because they are not picking my team this week, was stating this after reading their ridiculous articles over many years. So you let me know what I am allowed to say.

Oh and btw the Argos have absolutely NOT played bad football

Fair enough,

They have been inconsistent and need to clean up the turnovers if they intend to have any success in the playoffs.

Do you think they should have kept Arbuckle on the team for the post-season??

What do you predict the score will be?

It will be close if the turnovers are even.

But I don't think they will be.

Hamilton by 7 or more.

Hard to believe, or not, on the Rider picks. Like Winnipeg, they eeked that last game out. They look as good as the Argos. So, Ham, Stamps, Mon, and Edm. Oh, and the Stamps will be in the Cup this year. You all know it's gonna happen.

That’s funny. By the way, Winnipeg won by 10 points last week which was more than any other team won by. I guess the rest of the winners double eked out their victories.

1 Like

38-36...Wow! Fair enough,
I am predicting lower scores and good defence this week.
Ham 21- TO17
BC 24- Cal 21
Winnipeg 13- Mtl 10
Sk 22 - Elks 12

I'm feeling a Hamilton blowout over Toronto. Something like
HAM 40 TOR 15.
MacBeth will be especially ineffective - more than usual.
I am a true ARGOS fan, btw.
If I am seriously wrong I will apologize to fans Argofanone and Sundown.
I really hope I am wrong.

I must say that it is nice to see people giving the Lions a winning chance this weekend… they sure haven’t showed much reason to lately. Every weekend I stand behind them and will also do it again tomorrow night. I’m just waiting for them to get their Sh*t together lol

I really hope that you're right . :+1: :grinning:

Barnburner!? 38-36!?

That would be exciting but I'd be surprised to see the Hamilton D give up that many points.

They haven't allowed more than 24 points in a game since week 2!

Toronto D has been fairly stingy for the most part as well.

I'd say 28-26 is more realistic based on what we've seen this year, and it could be a barnburner IF the turnovers are relatively even.

Masoli vs MBT could be a lot of fun if both are on their games.

I am a bit surprised that all the writers picked the Hamilton Tiger Cats on the road versus my hometown Argos who are undefeated at home with a first place finish on the line. :question:

P.S. When I made my Week 15 picks after last weekends games, only 30% of fans picked the Argos, including myself coming off a 4-0 Ace in Week 14. :anchor:

I think that is because the Cats, and especially their QB, are playing so much better right now. TO squeaked out wins against two not great teams and would have lost to BC if BC had the equivalent of a competent high school place kicker. Although no doubt the Argos have some good players, MBT is an interception machine and both him and Dinwiddie apparently don’t understand how the CFL clock works. It doesn’t inspire confidence.

1 Like

2 words easily describe the Anchors this season...Overrated , Horseshoes ...

Full Stop .

Like I've already said in here before , the absolute WORST 8-4 team in history with the crappiest HC and QB of the three teams heading to the play-offs in the East .

Full Stop .